• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Mags

PrimeTimeWillyD

PrimeTime
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Boise, ID
Anyone else stoked for the release of the ARC mags?

Here is the Pre-order: http://patriotvalleyarms.com/american-rifle-10-rd-magazines/

American Rifle Company MAG 10-ROUND MAGAZINE

Compact

Double stack (Comparable to AW magazine size)

Receivers do not require an AW cut for proper function

308 and similar cartridges

Center feed design for exceptionally smooth feeding and operation in all actions

Designed specifically for round body, Rem 700 style actions for double stack use

Made from high strength, stainless steel and coated for long life and lubricity

Long internal (2.97") length for the latest long range competition bullets

fetch
fetch

Attachments

• photo46415.png
    photo46415.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 34
  • photo46416.png
    photo46416.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 37
I'm looking forward to it. Seems like most things ARC make are to a high standard and well thought out so we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PrimeTimeWillyD
I went ahead and ordered a few from the ARC website. I agree with the "rhymes with ralpha" comment, but I'll probably get the ARC mags I ordered last week before I get the Alpha mag I ordered in October....

Does anyone know how tall these mags will be??

Alphas are 3.96"
Accurate 4.87"

Forgive the stupid question, But the ARC mags are dimensionally identical to the ACIS mag?

Good question siscoe, not sure.
Does anyone know the height of an AW and AICS mags?

I guess my question is Will the Mags work in my KMW Sentinel stock, Which runs AICS mags?

I guess my question is Will the Mags work in my KMW Sentinel stock, Which runs AICS mags?

According to Ted in his videos from SHOT, any rifle setup to take AICS mags will be able to run his new mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the long internal length, how will a Dasher feed from these? Will a spacer be required? Is a spacer available? I'd really like to try these if the short Dasher case won't cause issues.

With the long internal length, how will a Dasher feed from these? Will a spacer be required? Is a spacer available? I'd really like to try these if the short Dasher case won't cause issues.

I'm interested in how they feed also

Just put in my order for two from PVA. Looking forward to trying them out in the 308 and 6x47L.

I need to try some also. For me AW don't feed worth a poop and Magpul are a little long on some stages.

I'm excited to have another option in the double stack and just another option as far as mags go.

I guess im one of the minority but I have had good luck with the double stack single feed mag that everyone is complaining about. I have bought 4 of them and bought 2 at once and a year or so later bought 2 more. I run them in an xlr chassis with 6.5 CM. The first 2 I got worked flawlessly, the second 2 were hard to get to lock in at first but after I ran them in and out around 50 times they locked up perfect. The only problem I have is when I ordered them I had to call after a few weeks because they never would ship. After one call they were on there way both times.

Glad we are getting another option though. Actually just ruined one of the 4 I have trying to modify it to run 6 dasher. Didn't work out so well. Im definitely ordering a couple of these. As top notch as there other product are I'm sure this will be the same.

Im looking forward to these mags also. Not sure how they will feed the Dasher. The feed lips are a little shorter than on an AICS mag, at least the mag Ted had at SHOT was.

But that is a key feature for guys running control round feed setups, so that the round is popping up into the channel off the bottom case, instead of possibly forward off the shoulder? Curious how the shorter lips would hurt the dasher, please note I do not own a dasher.

I preordered a few from Ted at SHOT and will hopefully run them in my TL3 Dasher. I too am shooting the Buckeye Classic and will report after.

But that is a key feature for guys running control round feed setups, so that the round is popping up into the channel off the bottom case, instead of possibly forward off the shoulder? Curious how the shorter lips would hurt the dasher, please note I do not own a dasher.

It could be an issue for any action if the case comes out of the feed lips before the tip of the bullet is started into the chamber. The bullet tip can end up stabbing into the end of the barrel tenon.

This is the gun industry where anyone rarely hits prelim release dates. 2 weeks ago LRI had one saying mid summer - i am guessing we will see them in June sometime, maybe July.

I ran Dashers through them great ..

Has anyone else had problems with the 3-4 round nose diving just enough that it will not feed? This is my only issue with the mag. Its not terrible and a quick push down if the round pops them up in the correct fassion but I am nervous about trying these in a prs match. I wouldnt do well, but I don't want to lose points because a magazine issue... if it is something I can fix I will. Rather not send it back to be honest. If anyonr has any ideals I would appreciate it
this is with a mausingfield in a KMW sentinel chassis running 6.5 creed

Have you tried filing off the little delta wings on the follower? That seems to be working for me in stopping the mag from getting hung up with nosediving rounds.

The follower sucks on these things! I filed the wings and still had 3/4'th round nose dive. I swapped out with aics 5round follower and seems to be running better. Also had to weld a bit on "mag release ledge" and file new ledge so the mag would lock up tighter in my M5 Enhanced DBM.( super sloppy and low hanging before) Not to mention opening up lips so my TL2 bolt doesn't drive right over the case head. I'm not impressed! I know no one on the hide likes to be negative, especially on a good company like ARC but these mags do not live up to the standards TED is known for. Cost me time and a couple points at the last match I shot. Btw I'm running TL2 6.5x47 from PVA so you know it's not the action

Last edited:
I don't know what these wings you guys are talking about are, but I have found when I run the mag hard and fast it runs very well. Still a lot "clunkier" than AI mags or even magpul aics mags, but it does work well. Also it is a really good company, the new mausingfield I bought is FANTASTIC

The follower sucks on these things! I filed the wings and still had 3/4'th round nose dive. I swapped out with aics 5round follower and seems to be running better. Also had to weld a bit on "mag release ledge" and file new ledge so the mag would lock up tighter in my M5 Enhanced DBM.( super sloppy and low hanging before) Not to mention opening up lips so my TL2 bolt doesn't drive right over the case head. I'm not impressed! I know no one on the hide likes to be negative, especially on a good company like ARC but these mags do not live up to the standards TED is known for. Cost me time and a couple points at the last match I shot. Btw I'm running TL2 6.5x47 from PVA so you know it's not the action

Not my experience at all. I am running these magazines in 2 different Bighorn TL2 with Dashers and no issues. Ran them in matches fast and slow. I have a chassis system, so you might have DBM / magazine latch height issue. Remember everything is custom, even if just a little bit.

The "wings" are small triangular tabs somewhat centered on the red follower. My badger dbm locked up perfect with AI mags so not an issue with DBM. Might have some more to do with cartridge, the 6.5x47 is not short enough for a filler like the dasher and not long enough to utilize the extra mag length. So maybe too much room for cases to slide forward especially because the follower is flat.

I watched a guy fight with this mag at a match I RO'D last month. He said it was a brand new mag, and it malfunctioned all day. I put some rounds in the magazine and just tried to cycle them through the action, and the follower seemed to be the issue. Even with an empty magazine I could push down on the follower and get it to stick very easily...

My badger dbm locked up perfect with AI mags so not an issue with DBM. Might have some more to do with cartridge, the 6.5x47 is not short enough for a filler like the dasher and not long enough to utilize the extra mag length.
The pillar height (or bedding) and mag latch height is important and cannot be overlooked. A few thousands here or there can make all the difference for reliability. I can run dasher in mine without a spacer on TL2. Have you tried to adjust the feed lips? I remember 6x47 needing some tweaking to get it to run in certain mags specifically the mag latch was too high and the feedlips needed bending. If you don't want to molest them, I might be in the market for another couple.

One guy on one stage at a match is a sample size of 1. They may work for one person and not another.

Again: Everything is a little custom....

I can't get them to run as-is or with the "wings" filed off in my TL3 Dasher. I swapped-in a 5-rnd AICS mag follower and they run great. Go figure.

Just my experience, but a couple hundred rounds with these mags through a Bighorn TL-3 mounted in an MPA chassis with zero issues.

Reactions: Axg8746
I run a 6xc in a Surgeon action and thought everything was all good after, 1. having my feed ramp of my action altered by a very reputable smith, 2. replacing the followers with AICS followers. But, first stage where the got a little dirt in them and they totally failed. By "a little dirt", I mean I simply sat them on some dusty ground. Not pleased at all and I have done everything within reason to accommodate them.

Ultimately I blame myself, but I consider it $210 dollars out the window.

Last edited: