• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company New Archimedes Action, New Xylo Chassis, and major Mausingfield revision

Anyone have a Vector in a Xylo? Mine is not doing to well in the magazine department.

Edit: It appears that there is not enough material in the magazine cut on the Vector to stop the front of the magazine from just slipping on in there. MDT ACC did not have this problem and neither did the Manners Gen 2 Mini Chassis but they both had no way of stopping over-insertion at the rear. I put my Defiance in the Xylo just to test it out and 90% of my magazines worked flawlessly in the over-insertion department including the rear, that hump on the mag latch is fucking brilliant. A few mags would rub ever so slightly but I wouldn't notice it under normal use. I'll have to run some dummy rounds through it but assuming it works, this chassis seems like a winner. Except for the giant pile of sadness and depression that in this Vector of mine. :'(

Edit #2: With the defiance, I can feed with my MDT BR mag as well as 3 ARC mags with rifle resting on magazine as well as with me pulling on the magazine.

A30BCE15-83B0-4F18-9E50-1A087004938F.jpeg

Last edited:
Teach me Obi wan..

Watch the Youtube channel "Clickspring" to get your mind in the right place, then buy a few sets of Grobet files. :D Boiled linseed oil is easy, just rub it on, wait a day, & repeat for a week or two.

Reactions: chrome
That looks like a Gen 1 Mausingfield. I don't see a ton of them. I also have a real early one, and while I like all of my MFs, the first one (mid two digit s/n) is amazing.

Reactions: Ledzep
Yeah, S/N 29. If I recall it's the first of the first "production run" of them. 1-28 were internal testing and sent out to shooters/builders to give initial feedback. Quickly approaching 10k live rounds on it. Incredibly slick now-- not that it was ever a slouch.

Yeah, S/N 29. If I recall it's the first of the first "production run" of them. 1-28 were internal testing and sent out to shooters/builders to give initial feedback. Quickly approaching 10k live rounds on it. Incredibly slick now-- not that it was ever a slouch.

Are those the 1.36" height QD-L rings? How do you like them?

Yeah, on their website it's 1.38" M-10 QD-L mount. I like it a lot. Return to zero has been well within .1 mil for me going hand-tight with the mounting screws/knobs; I use it to swap between a .300 PRC ELR rig and this rifle until I get another AMG. POI is repeatable enough I can use 4DoF zero angle to not have to re-zero the scope between swaps (zeroed on the one that hits higher).

Reactions: Northernjets
Got out this morning and ran some rounds though my Archimedes with the Xylo installed. I shot a group in the Foundation first and then swapped and tightened down the recoil lug wedge lock system as well as the action screws (obviously). Point of impact shifted up about 1.5" at a 100 yards between the two but was the same for windage.

Overall I think the chassis is amazingly well thought out. I like all of the features and improvements since the ShotShow version. I only used the Accurate 223 mags at the range today, but last night I bolted in a Mausingfield and ran about 100 6BR dummy rounds through it using the MDT 6BR mags. I had no issues with the bolt touching the mag lips and both actions fed perfectly the entire time.

My only regret is changing my cart at check out back to only one stock during the pre-order. I'm wishing I had another one already.

Sorry for the crap pictures, but I only brought my cell phone to the range this morning.

IMG_6290.jpg
IMG_6293.jpg

just got my rifle from the gunsmith but I need a trigger.

mdt acc
30” Brux with brake
338NM

If I order a trigger tech special and it has a bolt release will it matter? I have a mausingfield action. I don’t see many without in stock and I guess if I use it for something else I might need it...

View attachment 7267392View attachment 7267393
You can remove the bolt release easily, so no issue.

Thanks for the feedback. The screws can be shortened using either a belt sander or a file. We shipped the Xylo chassis with 1/4"-28 x 1" long socket head cap screws. These are available from McMaster Carr and shorter 7/8" screws are also available. https://www.mcmaster.com/91251a441

Alternatively, you can add a washer to accomplish the same thing.

As for the recoil lug clamp, the Xylo chassis shipped with a wedge designed for a 3/16" think lug which is the same thickness as that of the Rem 700. We'll make more wedges for thicker lugs really soon. It's easily done and we can make them quickly. In the meantime, it a simple matter for a gunsmith to remove an amount equal to the thickness of your lug less 0.188 inches for the face of the wedge designed to bear against the face of the lug/receiver.

Ted

What do you think the time line is on the wedges? Just got the invoice on the LH and all I have are tl3s. Do you need one sent in and any concerns on shooting without the wedge in there?

I don’t really need the standard wedge if you want to just send a prototype with it.

I got my rifle put together yesterday. Archimedes action, LRI spun up a 6.5 Creedmore barrel ceracoted to match the color of the action, and a Zero comp 5-27. The lug lock system is genius, once bolted up this probably the most rigid chassis or stock I've ever owned. The fit and finish is out standing. With the M24 barrel profile it balances 3-4" on front of the mag well. The bump on the mag release holds the mag tight, and you can rest the rifle on the magwell, and it cycles with no rubbing. Had my doubts about the grips, but feels great in hand. Going to zero today if my range is open. Starting to think @karagias is some kind of mad genius. Sorry for the messy garage, kind of in between seasons here.
IMG_0996.JPG
IMG_0997.JPG
IMG_0996.JPGIMG_0994.JPGIMG_0997.JPG
IMG_0995.JPG

Last edited:
Great looking rigs guys! Could somebody please measure the distance from the front of the magwell to the tip of the fore-end for me? Thank you!

Bear in mind this is from pixel scaling in Ms paint so it could be wrong but it said the MDT hole spacing was just a little narrower than the Xylo's holes.

I figured that was the case. ARC has talked about internal forend weights but nothing on their site about it.

Got her to range today, and zeroed at 100. 20 rounds and shot 1/2-3/4” group. Super stoked on the ergos and rigidity. Grip feels great, cheek pad is nice. LRI barrel is outstanding, no break in needed. Cleaned when I got back and hardly any copper, 2 wet patchesand 5 or 6 dry and patches were clean.
F6D48A97-9C64-4197-8EF5-991C1215AB80.jpeg
027A3DB1-E46C-474F-AC8A-17FF52A5A123.jpeg
4EBEFC76-6349-4279-935D-802E9D955D79.jpeg
F6D48A97-9C64-4197-8EF5-991C1215AB80.jpeg

Attachments

• FFE707BE-DE6F-41DC-9E92-513CAAB0552A.jpeg
    FFE707BE-DE6F-41DC-9E92-513CAAB0552A.jpeg
    648 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: chrome
Got her to range today, and zeroed at 100. 20 rounds and shot 1/2-3/4” group. Super stoked on the ergos and rigidity. Grip feels great, cheek pad is nice. LRI barrel is outstanding, no break in needed. Cleaned when I got back and hardly any copper, 2 wet patchesand 5 or 6 dry and patches were clean. View attachment 7283245View attachment 7283244View attachment 7283243View attachment 7283243View attachment 7283243View attachment 7283245

Tits on glass.

Can I have it?

Ha! I’ve worked my way through a bunch of scopes, but I’m keeping this one for a while. With all that’s going on now, it’s nice to have a new rifle to play with. Nice not to dwell on the situation with virus, and be distracted by this project.

Weighed my rifle this morning 16.2 lbs.
Balances right on the Mlock symbol about 2”s in front of mag well. Weight is with no mag or bipod.

I mounted my Archimedes, had no issues with the action screws, man its a nice package.

Reactions: Stoweit
Mdt internal forend weights will not work in Xylo.
ARC makes forend weights in one pound and quarter-pound, and pairs of quarter-pound m-lok weights for the sides. Up to three pounds on the inside and another pound and a half on the outside; 4.5 total. Ted said they are going up on the site this week.

Did you guys see this video? I missed it prior but has been posted on the ARC website

First lefty up?

Had to rob one of the washers off the lug lock to double up on the front action screw, it was just a touch too long for the TL3.

38588A85-E0A7-439D-A500-5A4F7DDE0400.jpeg

I bought it. Suppose to ship this week or next. ?

if its the one I'm thinking about, it was listed for sale but it was not in hand. They were just going to have ARC ship it to the buyer when it was ready.

So I talked to Jason yesterday, they're asking anyone who has new orders in for the mausingfield if they're interested in the closed top of the ejection port on the receiver like the older ones instead of that cut, I told them sure, I'd like it like that if others would. I think it's a plus.

Last edited:
Got out this morning and ran some barricades. I put some MDT weight kits on the sides and I'm a fan of this setup. Watching trace to impact with Hornady 147 6.5cm factory ammo. I have 3 of the ARC barrel channel weights ordered. Currently at 18.8lb. should be around 22 with the other weights in.

KIMG1741.JPG