• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors American Silencer Association (ASA)

Silenced America

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2011
Texas
The press release can be found HERE. It will explain the who, what, when, where, and why.

There are a few pieces of legislation coming up in Georgia and Arizona when it comes to suppressor hunting. Texas is opening the floor for public comment on their decision to remove the game hunting regulation for suppressor hunting. The pendulum is beginning to swing in our favor a bit more every day. This is 3 large states opeining their books to favorable suppressor laws in one year. Last year there were 3 states that allowed the ownership and use for the first time.

The ASA met with the NFA at SHOT. It was a good introductory meeting, but the news was not so favorable. We have had the helping hand of the great folks at the NRA to get us up and running. We met with the NSSF and large manufacturers like Smith & Wesson, Ruger, H&K, etc. and everyone gave a warm reception and is willing to support our cause. They all seem to make factory guns with threaded barrels, so why wouldn't they?

It is nice to have big manufacturers on board, but truthfully, this movement is a grass roots thing. We need the dealers and the silencer buying public to be on board. To make this easy, I like to give free stuff away, so I am.

Many of you are already fans of my Silenced America Facebook page. If you join the ASA and respond to my FB post, you are in for a chance to win a SAKER. It gets better...if you become an AMBASSADOR (member) of the ASA, and like the ASA FB page, you enter to win the SWR Spectre II that I am giving away, the Outback IID from Gemtech, the Sparrow from SilencerCo, and the Element II from AAC. As the manufacturer interest grows, we encourage them to provide some love too (although they don't have to).

We will be working on suppressor EDUCATION, suppressor hunting rights in states, pushing to get non-suppressor friendly states on board, working on the federal level to do everything we can to reduce wait times, and once we are more 'main stream,' working on some other long term goals. More info will come soon including the info passed from the ATF to us at SHOT.

Reactions: CcoFirst
Re: American Silencer Association (ASA)

Scott, sorry I missed you at SHOT. Count me in on this I will support the best I can. Thanks for what you are doing and if you need any help dont be affaid to ask.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silenced America</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We will be working on suppressor EDUCATION, suppressor hunting rights in states, pushing to get non-suppressor friendly states on board, <span style="font-weight: bold">working on the federal level to do everything we can to reduce wait times</span>, and once we are more 'main stream,' working on some other long term goals.</div></div>

I see this as the biggest hurdle for the industry. I know that I am done buying suppressors until the NFA wait time is sane. Paying for something and being unable to use it for half of a year because of government regulation is ridiculous.

Joined up back on the 19th! Thanks for ram-roddin this, Scott!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silenced America</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The press release can be found HERE. It will explain the who, what, when, where, and why.

There are a few pieces of legislation coming up in Georgia and Arizona when it comes to suppressor hunting. Texas is opening the floor for public comment on their decision to remove the game hunting regulation for suppressor hunting. The pendulum is beginning to swing in our favor a bit more every day. This is 3 large states opeining their books to favorable suppressor laws in one year. Last year there were 3 states that allowed the ownership and use for the first time.

The ASA met with the NFA at SHOT. It was a good introductory meeting, but the news was not so favorable. We have had the helping hand of the great folks at the NRA to get us up and running. We met with the NSSF and large manufacturers like Smith & Wesson, Ruger, H&K, etc. and everyone gave a warm reception and is willing to support our cause. They all seem to make factory guns with threaded barrels, so why wouldn't they?

It is nice to have big manufacturers on board, but truthfully, this movement is a grass roots thing. We need the dealers and the silencer buying public to be on board. To make this easy, I like to give free stuff away, so I am.

Many of you are already fans of my Silenced America Facebook page. If you join the ASA and respond to my FB post, you are in for a chance to win a SAKER. It gets better...if you become an AMBASSADOR (member) of the ASA, and like the ASA FB page, you enter to win the SWR Spectre II that I am giving away, the Outback IID from Gemtech, the Sparrow from SilencerCo, and the Element II from AAC. As the manufacturer interest grows, we encourage them to provide some love too (although they don't have to).

We will be working on suppressor EDUCATION, suppressor hunting rights in states, pushing to get non-suppressor friendly states on board, working on the federal level to do everything we can to reduce wait times, and once we are more 'main stream,' working on some other long term goals. More info will come soon including the info passed from the ATF to us at SHOT. </div></div>

Hi Scott,

Let me know if there is any information you might want to know with regards to experiences with suppressors from our side of the pond.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alric</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silenced America</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We will be working on suppressor EDUCATION, suppressor hunting rights in states, pushing to get non-suppressor friendly states on board, <span style="font-weight: bold">working on the federal level to do everything we can to reduce wait times</span>, and once we are more 'main stream,' working on some other long term goals.</div></div>

I see this as the biggest hurdle for the industry. I know that I am done buying suppressors until the NFA wait time is sane. Paying for something and being unable to use it for half of a year because of government regulation is ridiculous. </div></div>

I agree, although this isn't and hasn't stopped me from getting a supressor. What pisses me off more than the wait is, they cash your check like a week after you send it in. So they have what 25,000 applications at $200 a pop. They are sitting on $5 million in interest free money! No wonder it takes them so long whats the hurry its interest free money.

I joined !!!

Scott,
My brother Mike met you last year at SHOT and you guys have exchanged emails.. man, I hope we get the ban lifted in Texas for game animals...

The wait kills a lot of people's urge to get supressors, if it were drastically reduced, or better yet, eliminated I guarantee the industry would see an explosion in sales..

It's funny that in England, hunting with a supressor is considered the polite way to hunt!

Good luck Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott,
My brother Mike met you last year at SHOT and you guys have exchanged emails.. man, I hope we get the ban lifted in Texas for game animals...

The wait kills a lot of people's urge to get supressors, if it were drastically reduced, or better yet, eliminated I guarantee the industry would see an explosion in sales..

It's funny that in England, hunting with a supressor is considered the polite way to hunt!

Good luck Scott </div></div>

Mr. Coker:

Thank you. I wanted to link up with you guys at SHOT, but I was so damn busy trying to help get this ASA thing up and going. The ASA has set up short and long term objectives. The short term objectives are being worked as I type.

As for the long term objectives: we MUST have a presence in DC amongst the law makers. We are working to have a solid presence their and to get the pro-gun, pro-business, PRO-AMERICAN congress folks to help us out. Will suppressors ever be removed from the NFA? I seriously doubt it; however, we can take small steps to try and accomplish big goals. One can work one battle at a time and move forward with each win and learn from each loss.