• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Sniper movie + Clint Eastwood

konabully

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2004
    PHX & So-Cal
    CLINT EASTWOOD MAY TAKE OVER FOR STEPHEN SPIELBEG, DIRECT ‘AMERICAN SNIPER’

Clint Eastwood in Talks to Direct 'American Sniper' - The Hollywood Reporter
    Looks like director Steven Spielberg won't be directing American Sniper, the biopic of late Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, after all.<O:p</O:p

The Plan B, however, is far from a disappointment.
    <O:p</O:p

Clint Eastwood is in early discussions to take the helm of the Kyle feature, set to star Bradley Cooper as the late military hero.<O:p</O:p
    If a deal is made, that puts Eastwood in a tight schedule squeeze. The veteran filmmaker is about to begin directing Jersey Boys, the adaptation of the Broadway musical about the rise and fall of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
    <O:p</O:p

The film is based on American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History.<O:p</O:p

Money. It was the budget that did Spielberg in. He wanted to go all out I reckon. Not enough pennies in the piggy bank for it.

I read Kyle's book! Didn't impress me one bit!

Somewhat agree. I have great respect for the man and his accomplishments, but it was very portly written. The copy I have had grammatical errors throughout. Distracting.

For grammatical errors that would be the fault of the editor and publisher, not Chris Kyle. To me content was more important than proper English text.

John Milius director, he would have my vote.

The project started with Bradley Cooper, he wanted to make the movie, he is producer on it and has been trying to get this off the ground for about a year. Can't wait to see it.

i read the book as well and i liked it now i wonder if the movie will be just as good