• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater American Sniper - New Book

Re: American Sniper - New Book

Should probably squeeze into my asbestos undies, but I was really disappointed in this book. About halfway through I skimmed ahead to see if I thought anything buried ahead was interesting enough to me to stick with it, didn't see any such thing, and tossed it. No gripe against Kyle for his literary success and I don't resent having paid him a couple of bucks in royalty money, but just didn't see anything in there that hasn't been said by any number of people in previous works.

I'm sure it's already common knowledge round here, but if you liked this book and Lone Survivor, check out The Red Circle. All good reads.

Word around town is that they want to turn it into a movie, at least that's the rumors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Word around town is that they want to turn it into a movie, at least that's the rumors. </div></div>

How would they do this? The book had no plot except Chris Kyle going from BUD/S, to hazing, to killing insurgents, to bar fights to more hazing...rinse and repeat.

I personally enjoyed the book, which was a very easy read. I would love to meet him and thank him for his service. However, I just don't see a script in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister John Galt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Word around town is that they want to turn it into a movie, at least that's the rumors. </div></div>

How would they do this? The book had no plot except Chris Kyle going from BUD/S, to hazing, to killing insurgents, to bar fights to more hazing...rinse and repeat.</div></div>Sounds like it's tailor made for Hollywood.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister John Galt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Word around town is that they want to turn it into a movie, at least that's the rumors. </div></div>

How would they do this? The book had no plot except Chris Kyle going from BUD/S, to hazing, to killing insurgents, to bar fights to more hazing...rinse and repeat.

I personally enjoyed the book, which was a very easy read. I would love to meet him and thank him for his service. However, I just don't see a script in it. </div></div>

Lack of a usable plot has not stopped Hollywood to this point.
In fact, I think that the lack of a plot actually encourages writers and directors because they can add in lots more special effects.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okie Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister John Galt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Word around town is that they want to turn it into a movie, at least that's the rumors. </div></div>

I personally enjoyed the book, which was a very easy read. I would love to meet him and thank him for his service. However, I just don't see a script in it. </div></div>

Lack of a usable plot has not stopped Hollywood to this point.
In fact, I think that the lack of a plot actually encourages writers and directors because they can add in lots more special effects.</div></div>

Good Point. Whatever happens I hope Chris Kyle reaps in bundles.

It's a great read! I have handed it off to all my friends and they have agreed.