• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo: .22LR in dedicated AR-15

KineticPerformance

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
I've had a RRA NM A4 on order for over a year and if it doesn't show up soon I'm cancelling the order and buying a Keystone Accuracy barrel and building an upper. For those of you shooting ether RRA/Nordic/JP or Ceiner/Atchison builds, have you had any problems with CCI SV or Norma TAC-22 ammo? The reading I've done seems they can be hit or miss with lower velocity ammo. I'm looking for reliable ammo that will shoot good enough for me to practice Service Rifle at 100yds on reduced targets for standing and sitting. I don't need it to shoot like lot tested Eley in my competition bolt gun.

Tippmann arms M4. About double the cost of a conversion kit , but the ppl I’ve seen use them in matches/classes did not have any failures ( sample size of 4 the last two years). That’s better than any of my 10/22 based rifles including KIDD. No experience with RRA/nordic, but have seen two Ceiners have a lot of jams at two different appleseed clinics.

Reactions: KineticPerformance
I've had great luck with CCI SV in my CMMG upper builds...and one of them is a Keystone Accuracy barrel. I have the borebuddy anti-bounce weight. Sometimes I'll get a short stroke (not resetting the trigger) if I have that installed. No problems though without it. I've never shot the Norma Tac-22