• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo availability? 5.56

SteelW0LF

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Idaho
I know why the run on guns and ammo for the last week or so.......but:

Does anyone have any info on the bulk 62gr steel core 5.56 Ammo? Designated XM855.

It's been "sold out, no back order" for many months.

Tried googling, but didn't get anything recent on why it would be a shortage.

Re: Ammo availability? 5.56

You answered your own question in the first sentence. If you haven't found any now, you aren't until the smoke clears.

our store doesn't have the XM but we do have the 62gr XTAC from PMC...I have seen that at two different large stores.

I just got back from my gun store in sothern NY this morning buying some reloading supplies and they had around 10,000 rounds of american eagle 55gr fmj selling for $319/500. The shop is called Davis sport shop in sloatsburg. Not sure if they ship but you can call and find out.

If everyone would just set still for a couple weeks so the manufacturers can replenish the supply chain all these greedy price gouging shops and individuals will just have to set on their supply or return the ammo back to normal ,pre-panic prices. This includes magizines also.

If you've waited this long to buy ammo you waited TOO long...

it'd be great if everything magically returned to normal in six hours