• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMMO CASE ?

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
For those of you loading beyond mag length what ammo cases are you using ?

+1 on Hollywood’s post.
I use MTM generally.
With short .308 based carriages like 6mm BR & .22-.250 i I fix foam on the lid to reduce rattle.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
+1 on Hollywood’s post.
I use MTM generally.
With short .308 based carriages like 6mm BR & .22-.250 i I fix foam on the lid to reduce rattle.

I glued a piece of cheap yoga mat into the lid of the MTM cases I use for matches, then scored lines in it to match the projectile tips so they can sink into the foam without any real resistance. It keeps them from rattling around in the case when traveling, and keeps the tips from banging into the lid if the case gets flipped over. The score lines in the foam make it where it's almost no resistance when you close the lid.

ammo wallets or binders, there are a few styles out there now
MTM is for storage on the shelf
i find wallets and binders fit better in my packs

ammo wallets or binders, there are a few styles out there now
MTM is for storage on the shelf
i find wallets and binders fit better in my packs

Agreed. I use MTM boxes with foam liners in an Armageddon gear bullet bag for taking most of my ammo to matches, but my ammo gets transferred to magazines (4x AWs) and an AG 40/40 ammo carrier once I get to the match itself.

I also use MTM. However I am definitely going to adopt Hollywood's idea of using the foam mat inside.

I have a wallet from a smaller shop “Cole-Tac”, really positive experience... durable, and up to 120 rounds... even embroidered my name on the front to personalize it.

Reactions: scorpio 25