• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo, how much you got onhand?

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2012
    Somewhere in the US
    I’d like to have a 10 year supply for all calibers but that’s some serious money. I shoot a lot and my stash that has taken years to get is dwindling, fast!

less than i should have on hand honestly....worked on that today.....

IMG_1052.JPG

Way less than I should. I think a 10 year supply is way more than I could afford for some calibers.

For 5.56 or a common pistol caliber, ammo is relatively cheap. For a precision bolt gun, the price goes way up.

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
    I make it a policy to never know exactly how much ammo I have or off hand how many things to use it in.

So nobody can beat an accurate number out of me.

Then I get fun surprises like finding a really nice gun & hadn't remembered about.

A general rule of thumb is you should have at least 1k rounds for every year you've been kickin (not counting 22).

Reactions: 1J04
    I make it a policy to never know exactly how much ammo I have or off hand how many things to use it in.

So nobody can beat an accurate number out of me.

Then I get fun surprises like finding a really nice gun & hadn't remembered about.

This is my philosophy on most things. I don't remember birthdays or even people's names for the same reason.

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
    Lol! I like how everyone is dancing around how much they have. I'm not gonna say either, except for I wouldn't mind having more.

ETA: Hey, Sinlentstlkr it's cheaper now than it will be in 10 years!

You ain’t lying brother! Planned on buying a bunch today but got kicked in the nuts with all this present buying.

Reactions: oneshot86 and 1J04
    About 3 years ago I came into a decent amount of 223 LC brass and 55gr fmj (20k) for free so I went ham with the dillon 650 (case and bullet feeder as well).

It set me up to go nuts with 147gr 9mm as well. I have other calibers but at any time I'm sitting on 23-25k 223 (11 fat 50s with them all on stripper clips) and 8-10k 9mm (3 fat 50s) alone.

I have not counted lately, but I think I have amassed approximately 2,000 corks, 15,000 caps on a paper roll, 3,500 caps on the red plastic rings, and 10,000 BB’s (Daisy treasure chests are great for bulk purchases), 8,500 pellets. I am embarrassed to admit that I only have 300 suction cup arrows...

Nerf darts are kinda like 25ACP. Some folks swear by 'em, but why when there are so many better options?

What is far more shocking is that he didn't mention 10k+ .50 cal ball bearings.

Yeah, what he said ...