• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo Log (How Much?)

I have two separate processes. One I keep a spreadsheet with the ammo I purchase, from where, and the price. In times like this it feels good to see that the ammo has appreciated in value and I giggle that I don't have to pay the current prices. Second, I have several sets of ammo cans. Some for ammo, some for empty brass, and others for bullets. In the picture below, beside the pink stickers which will come off once I camo paint the cans in alignment with their contents, you will see a black circle. Those are NFC stickers which are made to be in contact with metal. I can store up to 888 bytes of information which can be read and written with any modern smart phone with a free app like NFC Tools for android or iPhone. You can then update the info as you use your ammo. I have used the cans to validate my spreadsheet. I hope that gives you some good ideas.
View attachment 7533188View attachment 7533228
Soooo - this is why those of us who have recently begun to try to reload cannot even find a thing to build with. Beyond normal is not normal. Do you have an army? Don't get me wrong, it is remotely possible such a stash may be necessary to defend, it is remotely possible such a stash will be shot for fun. It is remotely possible such a stash will be outlawed. How much of this is accurate hand loading versus throwing lead somewhere down range with some near Saami spec stuff from somewhere? It is a free market at the moment. Would not such a stash raise the concern that controls need to be placed on all of us? Can we obtain what is good known quality stuff once controls tie up the market and make it no longer a "free" market? If the wrong parties, currently in government, decide to know who has so much and control it, that may be the end of what has been. I believe hording will force the Government to act and things will only be worse. I am all for you rights to do as you have, but that does not mean those intent on changing things will turn a blind eye. We are in a different world, and it is changing in the wrong direction. I implore all to not brag on how much, and maintain a sportsman shooterest nature tied to the need for inventory as some have said for when the market goes array. Just saying.

• Haha
Reactions: camocorvette
Soooo - this is why those of us who have recently begun to try to reload cannot even find a thing to build with. Beyond normal is not normal. Do you have an army? Don't get me wrong, it is remotely possible such a stash may be necessary to defend, it is remotely possible such a stash will be shot for fun. It is remotely possible such a stash will be outlawed. How much of this is accurate hand loading versus throwing lead somewhere down range with some near Saami spec stuff from somewhere? It is a free market at the moment. Would not such a stash raise the concern that controls need to be placed on all of us? Can we obtain what is good known quality stuff once controls tie up the market and make it no longer a "free" market? If the wrong parties, currently in government, decide to know who has so much and control it, that may be the end of what has been. I believe hording will force the Government to act and things will only be worse. I am all for you rights to do as you have, but that does not mean those intent on changing things will turn a blind eye. We are in a different world, and it is changing in the wrong direction. I implore all to not brag on how much, and maintain a sportsman shooterest nature tied to the need for inventory as some have said for when the market goes array. Just saying.
a stash of ammo will force the government to do what?

i can't believe you wasted ur time to type that drivel out.

if i go to the range by myself for a day, i can easily shoot 250 rounds of various calibers.
if i take a few friends that is much much more. what is a lot to some, isn't much for others.

Why are you here on this forum? Serious question.

if leftist will spend a few billion trying to influence elections.

how many millions would it cost to pay trolls to steer reloading threads?

I'm not sure where that rant came from. I outline a process which helps me track ammo and reloading supplies. I don't think I gave any info other than 225 rounds of 410 shotgun ammo. The rest of your rant seems to be a result of an over active imagination.
Just for kicks, I also don't trust tech companies spending the last 20 plus years in or around them so I don't keep my spreadsheet online. Soon excel will be online only so the NFC tags will be the only option other than 3x5 cards as others have mentioned.
Also, I haven't bought any ammo in over two years so don't blame me for your failure to plan. I bought mine cheap and readily available. All 225 rounds 😁

Last edited:
I have two separate processes. One I keep a spreadsheet with the ammo I purchase, from where, and the price. In times like this it feels good to see that the ammo has appreciated in value and I giggle that I don't have to pay the current prices. Second, I have several sets of ammo cans. Some for ammo, some for empty brass, and others for bullets. In the picture below, beside the pink stickers which will come off once I camo paint the cans in alignment with their contents, you will see a black circle. Those are NFC stickers which are made to be in contact with metal. I can store up to 888 bytes of information which can be read and written with any modern smart phone with a free app like NFC Tools for android or iPhone. You can then update the info as you use your ammo. I have used the cans to validate my spreadsheet. I hope that gives you some good ideas.
View attachment 7533188View attachment 7533228
That app seems like a horrible idea...

That app seems like a horrible idea...
Ok, thanks for the feedback. It would be more helpful though if you could backup your perspective with reason. The app doesn't store data on the phone or in the web. It is effectively a text editor, so I'm not sure where the bad idea begins. If you hate the interface, it is the free version and is a bit clunky but effective enough for my needs.

• Haha

Who TF are you?

Joined 4 days ago..

When did you "start" reloading? How long and what do you shoot?

You are basically telling some one they are wrong for having x amount of money in the bank. That they are wrong for saving their pennies (ammo. components) and putting them away (ammocans) for years to appreciate and grow.

Change your attitude or gtfo Chad.

Who TF are you?

Joined 4 days ago..

When did you "start" reloading? How long and what do you shoot?

You are basically telling some one they are wrong for having x amount of money in the bank. That they are wrong for saving their pennies (ammo. components) and putting them away (ammocans) for years to appreciate and grow.

Change your attitude or gtfo Chad.
I am merely suggesting the image of piles of ammo cans will frighten those who are now controlling the Government and thereby your rights to buy more. I am 68 years old, life time hunter till recent health issues. The world has changed in those years. Vary aware of the direction of infringement. Started reloading over 29 years ago, but with over 10 years of absence. Yes I recently joined this great group and have learned what has changed in those years, have upgraded my reloading with more to come. I tonight posted a suggestion to learn about HR127. Those of you who think I have lost it, I say I hope you wake up. The push to change this sport into a past sport by telling the lie of fear and implementing controls and disrupting supply is happening. CCI can't sell us primers cause who bought them all? Who is the "Gun Zar" of the Biden admin. We have a right - till we only have the right under the controls by those who control that right. We can buy what is available for the public, under the rules to obtain what's left. I am not into making smokeless powder or crafting brass shell, or making primers. I have just one gun registered cause I have been around a while and only bought one I had to file a pile. Another proposed rule is to own or keep any guns you will need to undergo a sanity test and have family and friends attest to your sanity to keep what you own. Admittedly most of the proposals will not fall upon us as proposed, but the encroachment will never stop. I hope we and future generations can enjoy this sport fully without the forth coming proposals gaining ANY further control. So you have asked me to change my attitude, I ask you to understand my attitude properly, not misunderstand my words which may have portrayed you or anyone is wrong to have any ammo or guns they wish to own. In fact I propose keep it up, enjoy as I HOPE TO.

I'm not sure where that rant came from. I outline a process which helps me track ammo and reloading supplies. I don't think I gave any info other than 225 rounds of 410 shotgun ammo. The rest of your rant seems to be a result of an over active imagination.
Just for kicks, I also don't trust tech companies spending the last 20 plus years in or around them so I don't keep my spreadsheet online. Soon excel will be online only so the NFC tags will be the only option other than 3x5 cards as others have mentioned.
Also, I haven't bought any ammo in over two years so don't blame me for your failure to plan. I bought mine cheap and readily available. All 225 rounds 😁
The rant was not aimed at your 225 rounds. It was aimed at other posts.

1612597863353.png

this would be a nice start on a ammo hoard