• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ammo or recoil spring for suppressed Glocks?

Re: Ammo or recoil spring for suppressed Glocks?

I think your problem is the barrel, put the stock guiderod back in, the reduced power recoil springs are for shooting reduced power loads

Exactly! Reassemble to stock and get a better barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think your problem is the barrel, put the stock guiderod back in, the reduced power recoil springs are for shooting reduced power loads </div></div>

Its odd i guess, some people say thier Glocks run 100% on a stock spring, other people are using lighter ones... I know it sounds odd since Glocks are made the same, from one glock to the next... but for whatever reason mine will not cycle with the stock spring whatsoever. The slide doesnt even unlock. I called Lone wolf themselves and they were on the lighter spring weight leads to more reliability bandwagon... at least when using suppressors.

They recommended i use either a 13 or 15... I bought two 15's thinking if they didnt work i would buy 13's. Guess im a cheap ass and didnt wanna buy 4 springs at once.

Also the barrels they sell are stock dimension "drop in" threaded barrels... I don't know why you guys think the barrel is the problem... I know alot of people that run LWD barrels suppressed and have good luck with them. This is not a match grade barrel, its a stock dimension barrel composed of stainless steel.

Also i know with the stock 17Lb recoil spring the slide refuses to unlock indicating lighter (15LB) is better, and maybe even lighter still (13Lb) is best, but i dont know. I havent checked.

I guess my main drive of this post was to see if anyone could confirm my suspicion that i need to bump down to a 13Lb spring.

Do you guys actually have Suppressed Glocks cycling with 17Lb springs? I tried stock 17Lb Glock springs in both my 17s and 19 and the slides wont even unlock. Running them with 15Lb springs they cycle 90% of the time... Im wondering if dropping down the next level to a 13Lb will improve it even more.

If anyone has experience running different springs, let me know. Thanks

I guess the other things i have read too and shouldn't disregard is that some people say you have to lap the barrel hood of a new barrel, dry cycling the slide repetitively.

Also i have heard some Boosters need to be "worn in" under cycles in order to start functioning effectively.

I cleaned and lubed my booster so i know its not lacking lube. Possibly my problems are a combination of those two things however.

thanks for the advice guys.

i kinda sorta ran into a similar problem....i really did not like the lone wolf barrel.....it would just pattern, not group......anyway i junked it....and then went to 147grn ammo.....and i got a sewing machine using a compass lake barrel that i had threaded ....

I use a Lone Wolf on a Gen4 22 and it shoots just fine with the Osprey on it. No problems here. It actually groups well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does your can have a LID? </div></div>

Yes, it is the Can pictured... an SWR Trident. It has about 500 rounds through it between my glock and my old sig. Booster is clean and lubed.

My lone wolf barrel shoots incredibly accurate. After zeroing my 7 MOA RMR site I was hitting a 20Lb propane tank at 170 yards about 80% of the time from a crappy supported position.

Im more than impressed with the accuracy of the LWD barrel.

My 19 runs great. I installed the Lonewolf barrel, threaded on the suppressor and went to town.
Glocks.jpg

if you ask me the problem is the huge hunk of metal on the end of the barrel but if your heart is set...

whats the exact malfunction?.... what ammo are you shooting?

the heavier the grain bullet you shoot the more theoretical pressure it will have making it cycle more reliably. of course this is also heavily determined by powder loads aswell but heavier grain ammo will be a good start. but ive had guns slide lock open on really heavy loads aswell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you ask me the problem is the huge hunk of metal on the end of the barrel but if your heart is set...

whats the exact malfunction?.... what ammo are you shooting? </div></div>

well im trying to get the Gun to shoot reliably with the "hunk of metal" on the end of the gun... thats the objective here.

I think he was trying to help as are the rest of us, so we all know Glocks are the AK47 of the pistol world, but you made changes to it so take it back to stock and ensure reliability, change the rod and recoil spring and go from there and so on, I still think it's the barrel, and maybe the added wieght of the red dot sight, my brother has the same can on a G34 with a KKM barrel, no other changes with 147 ammo it runs like it should

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he was trying to help as are the rest of us, so we all know Glocks are the AK47 of the pistol world, but you made changes to it so take it back to stock and ensure reliability, change the rod and recoil spring and go from there and so on, I still think it's the barrel, and maybe the added wieght of the red dot sight, my brother has the same can on a G34 with a KKM barrel, no other changes with 147 ammo it runs like it should </div></div>

Well I just dont see how reverting it to stock would help at all... In stock configuration I fire, the slide does not open... i manually rack the slide... re-shoot, same thing happens

Same thing happens on my 19.

SWR told me to try a lighter recoil spring when i had the problems with my 19, I reverted it to stock and decided to not use it as a suppressor host. It ran great on my sig x-5.

Anyway... i could go around this merry go round forever... I guess i'll just try to to trouble shoot it till i find a solution and then post my results.

Thanks all for the help. -E

I put the Lone wolf 9mm "drop in" converson on my Glock 22. It would not cycle with any ammo (special K subs and factory loads)with my .45 Osprey on it. I found that my booster was sticking even though it was brand new. I greased it and now it workes properly with anything I put in her. But.... you have already done that sooooo. I would clean everything good and start back at 0. Everything stock. Process of elimination.

running a 17 with a trident 9...replaced the guide rod with a steel one...running 135 grn reloads without issue...

Problem is the damn barrel. But you've already been told that. Which doesn't mean that stupid guide rod/spring nonsense is helping or a step in the right direction. Because it's not. Go put the factory one back in there. Sell those others to a kid on calguns.

Get a 17L or 34 barrel and have it threaded. Like you should have done in the first place. Then shoot it unsuppressed and properly lubed 50-100x. Your problems will go away. That booster dry, caked full of nasty shit from a day of range demos, stuck in position, will still work after the first round breaks it free. It's not the booster or the can.

Glocks exhibit problems when suppressed caused by 2x factors. First being crappy aftermarket barrels. The cheaper the bigger the turd. That's why the best barrel to use in a glock suppressor host is a longer, cut down and threaded glock factory barrel. This makes 17's and 26's better than a 19. The second factor is lack of proper lubrication in the first place. People are used to getting away with too little or no lubrication with their glocks. Throw on a suppressor and reliability issues surface. Lube it like a 1911 and problems disappear.

This is of probably no help, but I am using a g17 with a LW Barrel suppressed. Have used the same can on a sig 226. I have been shooting 147gr reloads using 3.3 gr of titegroup in the sig suppressed. Functions perfect and cycles every time. The Glock on the other hand suppressed will only function with 147gr reloads using 3.6 gr of titegroup. My original theory was I had fewer brake in rnds with the glock than the sig. I have always found that you should put couple hundred rnds through a new gun before trying to suppress it. I did end up putting I believe a 15lb maybe even an 11lb recoil spring in it. I can tell that the tolerances are tighter using the lone wolf barrel than the factory glock barrel which Im assuming would cause it to be slightly more difficult for the barrel/slide to unlock while using a can. Im no expert by any means, but maybe this can help you evaluate your setup. Personally before I scrapped the barrel I would put rnds down range with it unsuppressed and get everything broken in. Then try the can again. Main reason being you've already bought it whats it gonna hurt. Mine runs perfect now with 147 gr ammo. Can't say about 115 gr. ammo as never tried it. Good Luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I just dont see how reverting it to stock would help at all... In stock configuration I fire, the slide does not open... i manually rack the slide... re-shoot, same thing happens

Same thing happens on my 19.</div></div>

if you have two good condition glocks in exact stock configuration doing this then the problems your ammo.

are you shooting them with that light lazer thing on there? those have been known to cause alot of problems on glocks. first things first... put the stock spring and barrel back in it. lose all the battery powered stuff... then shoot them... if they are horribly unreliable send them back to glock for work/replacement.

if it works perfect then add only one variable at a time and see when it becomes unreliable.

I've got a bone stock G19 with a drop in Jarvis barrel. It runs like a top with or without a can on it and has reliably cycled regardless of what ammo I feed it.

I would concur with many others that you should return it to competely stock configuration and go from there. With everything that has been changed, there are too many variables.

I use a LW barrel on my supressed G17 (Trident9). Only thing I changed was the barrel, but I did break it in without the supressor for 100 rds. It was tight at first ut loosened up a hair and shoots very well. The supressor works flawlessly...

try a different lwd threaded barrel. They are hit or miss. Or just buy a better bbl like storm lake or kkm

I've never had a problem using the factory spec spring 17lb - with lwd guide rod.

Maybe it is the ammo, i have used REM green box, Winchester white BOX, some Fiochi 147s Samco 115s and a couple others.

Whats a high quality ammo to run in these? I tried a storm lake barrel by the way and had the same problems.

From reading these posts i think the best piece of advice so far has been to thread a glock 34 barrel.

I have two LWD barrels, neither would cycle, a storm lake barrel it wouldnt either.

I reverted pistols back to stock minues the threaded barrels i had on hand... same issues. The Sig i had ran fine with the trident so i dont think the can is the issue.

Im going to keep screwing with it when i get home from my current roatation overseas and i'll post my results.

Thanks all for the help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe it is the ammo, i have used REM green box, Winchester white BOX, some Fiochi 147s Samco 115s and a couple others.

Whats a high quality ammo to run in these? I tried a storm lake barrel by the way and had the same problems.

From reading these posts i think the best piece of advice so far has been to thread a glock 34 barrel.

I have two LWD barrels, neither would cycle, a storm lake barrel it wouldnt either.

I reverted pistols back to stock minues the threaded barrels i had on hand... same issues. The Sig i had ran fine with the trident so i dont think the can is the issue.

Im going to keep screwing with it when i get home from my current roatation overseas and i'll post my results.

Thanks all for the help. </div></div>

if a stock glock cant cycle winchester white box its messed up bad. id send it back. thats all i shoot. i can shoot with a weak ass grip or extremely rapid and ive never had any kind of malfuntion AT ALL with a Glock not a single one... EVER...

But im getting a feeling you havent totally reverted to stock 100%... something like a fat red dot on the slide i could see easily making it unreliable.

return the gun to stock barrel, spring, sights or just pull the red dot off atleast and the flashlight.. and what ever else youve changed... then shoot some winchester white box. its your time/money but thats what id do... no sense in buying 37 different barrels and springs. one variable at a time sir...

I have a KKM barrel on my stock G19, works perfect with my evo 9

My 17 has the same set up, lone wolf and a trident. It has a 15 pound spring and runs great. I like to keep the slide and barrel well oiled at the range. I keep a bottle of hoppes on the bench just in case. My experience is a lot of cycling problems are from shooting a dry gun.

My trident booster did not need any breaking in.