• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Amp annealer question

Thor2j

Kriger
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2012
CO
so I just got my AMP annealer. Found an "average" 338 lapua case (Lapua brand), used aztec, came back with code 0170. Cool. Next I got an average .260 Lapua case, ran aztec, code 0170...hmmmmmmm does this sound right to anybody??? I put correct pilot numbers in as well.

Here ya go

Attachments

• 20200810_165924.jpg
    20200810_165924.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 130
Now both necks are .015" thick so maybe that has something to do with it.

i dont have my settings paper here with me at work, but iirc the settings for my 6.5creed lapua brass is similar to my 7-300prc ADG brass...i think they are both in the mid 150s

6.5prc Hornady brass is 148

Same measured mass at the necks apparently. I've gotten similar results. My Lapua 338LM I think got 165 because I turned the necks.

i dont have my settings paper here with me at work, but iirc the settings for my 6.5creed lapua brass is similar to my 7-300prc ADG brass...i think they are both in the mid 150s

6.5prc Hornady brass is 148

I just got my AMP in yesterday and ran some 6.5 CM lapua, once fired brass thru the Aztec and the code I got was 156. this was once fired, deprimed factory ammo.

Reactions: morganlamprecht
similar to mine, i was just AMP'n some 6.5creed lapua yesterday and my setting is 155

oh good...I was hoping I was on the right track with all this...I've never used one of these until yesterday, so i'm glad I ran into this thread...this thing is super fast and so easy to use! I think you and I know a couple of the same people...youre in texas...right?

Reactions: E-Tool