• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMP Code Selection

mbeavers1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2019
Montgomery, TX
Hi,

I just bought an AMP Mk1 and have a quick setup question. I have 200 pcs of 6.5CM Alpha brass that has been resized to 6CM. I assume that I would use the 6CM Alpha code (code 70) but I see some lines for 6.5 Lapua brass sized to 6CM. Thoughts on which to use?

Also, I have about 500 pcs of 6CM Lapua SRP. There appear to be multiple codes...which one to use?

Sacrifice one to the gods or send them samples to test for you.

Stick? Im not sure withthe time delay between cooking and application but the laquer you just paint it inside the neck and see if it melted when you pull the case out of the machine, if it didnt go hotter, if it did then go lower and find the point where it melts.

Now with the funky gen1 settings Im not sure how possible that is since its not a linear scale. But I assume the settings for the 6.5 and 6 arent drastically different from one another and you could intuit a smidge.

Stick? Im not sure withthe time delay between cooking and application but the laquer you just paint it inside the neck and see if it melted when you pull the case out of the machine, if it didnt go hotter, if it did then go lower and find the point where it melts.

Now with the funky gen1 settings Im not sure how possible that is since its not a linear scale. But I assume the settings for the 6.5 and 6 arent drastically different from one another and you could intuit a smidge.

You heat the case, pull it out, and touch it with the Tempilstik. There is about half a second delay. BFD. That’s why I use a 650 degree stick.

How exactly does one use a Tempilstik to find the proper AMP code?

You pick a setting 10-20% lower than (in your case) the 6.5 setting, heat the case, touch it with the stick, and if it don’t melt then try the next higher setting. Do this until the stick melts. Make sure the case is at room temp each time before you start.

Use the 650 deg stick. The 700 or 750 sticks have short shelf lives.

Go to AMP site and email them. [email protected]
they are very helpful and will get back to you fast with answers. Just be aware that they are on the other side of earth so night over there in our daylight times.