• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And another. Home made casefeeder

$9.24.... That's crazy! Makes the cost of the factory ones seem appalling. Cool vid.

necessity is the mother of all invention! I just thought that was F**king COOL, nice to see people using there heads and doing stuff for themselfs, think he did a great job!!

What I cant figure out is how it forces the cases to always fall base down? Did you notice that they go past the funnel in both directions, neck forward and neck back. If it goes up neck forward, it passes the funnel until the base hits it then falls that way. And if the base is first, as soon as it gets to the funnel it drops.

Im scratching my head raw trying to figure out what is causing it to work like that.

Aha, I found his other video explaining it. Its a center of gravity deal, genius. I guess that would explain why you either have to buy a pistol or rifle feeder, I dont think his design would handle pistol even with a different shell plate. Im still trying to think whether it would handle any rifle case or not.

Id love to add something like this to the Annealer I made, but like him, didnt want to spend $200+ for one.

Aha, I found his other video explaining it. Its a center of gravity deal, genius. I guess that would explain why you either have to buy a pistol or rifle feeder, I dont think his design would handle pistol even with a different shell plate. Im still trying to think whether it would handle any rifle case or not.

Id love to add something like this to the Annealer I made, but like him, didnt want to spend $200+ for one.
Post up the DIY on the annealer.

I made one a few years back, video is probably still on YouTube? I used a blue bucket so mine matched the dillon. I am going to start a new build, but this time around the dillon plates so I can just buy new plates with the clutch installed. Something to consider

It wasn't much of a diy, quite a bit of cnc machining involved. But I'll see if I can dig up pictures of the build.

In the meantime here's a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AORstnR7b2g

Galaxy S3 on tapatalk
OH got ya thanks. I have a family member who is a machinist every once in a while Ill kick him some cash to have him make something for me. Next project will be something along the lines of a hog saddle.

If your looking for a DIY case annealer contact jmorris on castboolits forum. He has a waterjet/laser cut plate and plans for sale. the plate is 60ish, but the rest of the parts are cheap if your handy. My buddy built one and has 100 buck into it roughly.

Every time I see something as "simple" as this I get to thinking hey I could do that but days later and a cluster of parts and many hours later I have nothing to show lol. Then I get frustrated and give up for a few months and start the whole process over again.

What I cant figure out is how it forces the cases to always fall base down? Did you notice that they go past the funnel in both directions, neck forward and neck back. If it goes up neck forward, it passes the funnel until the base hits it then falls that way. And if the base is first, as soon as it gets to the funnel it drops.

Im scratching my head raw trying to figure out what is causing it to work like that.

the slot for the brass to fall through is cut shorter than the piece of brass. the base is the heavier side of the cartridge, so if the brass starts going neck first over the gap, then the neck will rest on the other side of the gap before the base has moved over the slot. Then the base will come over the gap while the neck is supported on the other side, and the base falls in first. If the brass starts over the gap base first, then the base just falls right through the slot.

Great post Mechanic! That's sweet!

As far as annealing goes, check out; Tired of going in circles trying to find an accuracy node in the reloading section. There's a short vid of Dan Newberry making it as simple as it gets. Not really for production but should work for the average shooter.

Excellent job! You should manufacturer that I'd buy one for 20-30 $$

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I built this one out of aluminum, it was a bullet collator in its first life. I just changed the exit and removed the agitators from the inside for collating pistol cases.

DSC02187.jpg

feeder4.jpg

I make pretty simple jigs to set the spacing of notches like these. Makes the job simple even with manual equipment.

DSC01472.jpg

It wasn't much of a diy, quite a bit of cnc machining involved. But I'll see if I can dig up pictures of the build.

In the meantime here's a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AORstnR7b2g

Some of the cases in that video are getting over cooked. You don't want the flame to change from blue to orange like that.

This is what you want, flame stays blue throughout the process, even color all the way around the case and it is cool enough to hold right out of the flame.

This one shows how the case feeder works on my machine.

Thats pretty damn clever. I'm gonna try to duplicate it. A couple questions though. what motor is that? does it have any part # or anything? Also, say if I wanted to make a shell plate for a different caliber using the same design as yours, would it just be as simple as using a smaller drill bit for pistol rounds such as 9mm and making larger squares for larger rifle rounds such as .308?

It is not my video. Came across it some months ago. You could always ask him. He said it was a 4 rpm dc motor he got at a junk parts store for a couple dollars. Should not need anything with a ton of torque though. As to the slots he has other vids on shellplates. Yes it is just a matter of larger hole for different cases
Thats pretty damn clever. I'm gonna try to duplicate it. A couple questions though. what motor is that? does it have any part # or anything? Also, say if I wanted to make a shell plate for a different caliber using the same design as yours, would it just be as simple as using a smaller drill bit for pistol rounds such as 9mm and making larger squares for larger rifle rounds such as .308?