• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And I screwed up....can I still use these cases?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Long story short, I had the length setting on my Wilson trimmer set to another cartridge length and ended up making pretty much 90% of my 8mm Mauser brass .005 under the 'trim to' length.

Instead of bringing them down to 2.230 they are at 2.225. Not a huge difference, but when accuracy is key this always makes me second guess when loading, and that is a horrid feeling.

My question is, how much will this affect anything? It's just regular Remington brass, so no huge loss, but my main problem is I am now having reservations about using it - I am sure a lot of you know the feeling that your work doesn't feel up to your standards when something like this occurs and is used.

Re: And I screwed up....can I still use these cases?

I'd finish'em all at that length for consistancy and be ok with that.
    It's omly 5 thou, the thickness of 2-3 piece's of paper.

Get to shootin' them. They will grow, but you may never have to trim them ever again. JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MitchAlsup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will make no difference whatsoever. </div></div>
    I.ve done that once or twice and never noticed any difference. You'll be fine.

Have you ever had your chamber measured for case length. Heck might even improve accuracy, after all it's what the game is all about.

memo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoot em' they will be fine</div></div>

X2

Shoot them they wont be a problem.

If you shoot them they'll grow back.
    laugh.gif

consistency means everything the same, cut them all to the same length and shoot them, .005 won't do hurt a thing.