• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And sometimes it's just about a tie with the bear ...

Damn that's crazy!!

Awesome for posting that Veer...

Bowhunting is definitley tough for bear.
With an excellent hit on a deer, you can hear them crash right away.
If not, you have to determine where they were hit before deciding on how long to wait to track. 30 minutes for a solid hit. 4 hours or more for a bad/unknown hit.
BUT, a deer doesn't fight back...

Bowhunting is definitley tough for bear.
With an excellent hit on a deer, you can hear them crash right away.
If not, you have to determine where they were hit before deciding on how long to wait to track. 30 minutes for a solid hit. 4 hours or more for a bad/unknown hit.
BUT, a deer doesn't fight back...

At least not with as much possibility of success as a large bear, for sure.

I think I'd rather be out there with something like an M44: lots of oomph in the round and a big sticker up front.

Having been charged by a 300lb. black bear, I can tell you I was glad to be flinging 180gr. corelokts his way until he quit coming....one hell of an adrenaline rush! It took 4 hits through the vitals and a 5th between the eyes to stop it. It coverd about 80 yds. down the hill at me from the first shot through the vitals until it stopped at about 20 yds. Had to check the drawers after that one...........