• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s And today's lesson is....

Re: And today's lesson is....

I'm laughing my ass off , because while the original post is claimed as being a joke and just for laughs. I have personally heard each and everyone one of those points told with all seriousness in my 10 years of living in Canada.I could fill volumes with my replies that no one has yet to be able to disprove or even formulate a cognitive answer too.The one that shuts them up instantly is the reply to coloured(spelled that way so they know what I'm talking about)money, WE KNOW WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN.I give them all the same advice.The time spent comparing your country to the U.S. would be better spent actually making yours better.

Make sure you check your change when you buy smokes & a coke at the corner store. The froggers love short changing Americans & then pretending they don't speak English. I go to Canada on business & it never fails to happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

12. Canada has the largest French population <span style="text-decoration: underline">that never surrendered to Germany </span> .

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to <span style="text-decoration: underline">anyone, anywhere. EVER</span>! (We got clobbered in the odd battle but prevailed in ALL the wars)
</div></div>

ONLY french population not to surrender to the Germans, but I don't remember them being attacked....

You are ENGLISH? Canada was run by some teuchter Laird from the Isle of Skye....

You never fought the Romans... 'cos you have only been around for 20 years...

Say hello to all my Jock relatives you have pissed off

Watch Jay Leno's Jay walking, wow, most Americans, if you pool their I/Q's you might get one fucking moron. None on this site of course. LOL

Canada is beautiful. A few years ago i had the privilege of hunting Alaska. We decided to drive there from Washington for the adventure of it. We drove through some of the most beautiful country i have ever seen in Canada, it looked untouched and beautiful. Imagine America with 30 million people instead of 300 million people. All that elbow room.

What i didn't like were their border patrol officers and some of the opinionated pushy old farts. Try bringing a gun through Canada and you will see 50 people pull out their night sticks (they don't have guns) and shove them directly up their butts! They act like your a terrorist.

Alot of Canadians think its funny to stereotype Americans too. I ran into quite a few proud, arrogant Canadians that didn't care much for Americans (don't know why) as soon as they figured out you were American they became A holes. Most of the time I was there I just wished they would shut up, get out of my face, and let me be on my way to somewhere important.

And by the way your beer sucks! I would have to piss into a Molson to make it taste better.

I lived in Canada for about three years. Beautiful place. I would live there again if they could get that cold and ice under control.

And don't get me started on the Quebecoise. Canadians love Americans, at least the ones that don't act like asshats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Canadians love Americans, at least the ones that don't act like asshats. </div></div>

I agree most of them were pretty cool. They have some awesome Mulies and Whitetail too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All said and done, ya can't have a better neighbor than Canada. </div></div>

If you have to pick between Canada and Mexico then I guess Canada would be better.

Mike has it absolutely correct. The reason why (some) of my fellow Canucks take a distaste to a visiting AmeriYank, is because so many have come up here in the past, and paved the way. That way being, acting like they own the joint, demanding instant gratification while ignoring anyone else who's turn was before them, and also attempting to dicker/bargain with every price posted and/or labeled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Canadians love Americans, at least the ones that don't act like asshats.</div></div>

Kinda gets old. I've seen it myself, especially when I was young. Not near so much lately, and also, not near as many stand out like they used to.

Many of ya'll know how I feel about the U.S.of A. so I don't need to defend anything. But I will say that in the past, quite a few of your countrymen needed to pay more attention to the learning curve.

Hope that explains a little bit, of the 'why'. Doesn't make it right, but that's the way it is.

Canada is the reason why the world has Justin Bieber. That is NOT something I would be proud of if I was Canadian. In fact I would be ashamed and trust me when I say there's very little that gives me shame.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike has it absolutely correct. The reason why (some) of my fellow Canucks take a distaste to a visiting AmeriYank, is because so many have come up here in the past, and paved the way. That way being, acting like they own the joint, demanding instant gratification while ignoring anyone else who's turn was before them, and also attempting to dicker/bargain with every price posted and/or labeled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Canadians love Americans, at least the ones that don't act like asshats.</div></div>

Kinda gets old. I've seen it myself, especially when I was young. Not near so much lately, and also, not near as many stand out like they used to.

Many of ya'll know how I feel about the U.S.of A. so I don't need to defend anything. But I will say that in the past, quite a few of your countrymen needed to pay more attention to the learning curve.

Hope that explains a little bit, of the 'why'. Doesn't make it right, but that's the way it is.
</div></div>

And on a side note to add, when I did move to Canada, I actually moved to Quebec. Now as many Canadians and a few Americans can attest, the Quebecois aren't "fond" of english speakers, and my French at the time consisted of "Hello, Goodbye, Where is the bathroom, and Your perfume gives me a hard on (yes, there is a story there) but the point is when the Quebec'rs saw I was making a sincere effort to try and speak French and not automatically go with English, you'd be amazed at how much they tried to help.

Guess they are smart enough to rely on the USA for their defense otherwise they couldn't afford it with the VAT taxes and such....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/liX4DmPnl-I"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/liX4DmPnl-I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

laugh.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UF43P-FJrFo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UF43P-FJrFo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>