• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annie 64 BR

texasleftychef

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
So I bought this on a whim one day and have taken it out and shot it a few times and the accuracy was ok and I’m frankly ok with the rifle but a little displeased with the stock for anything other than the bench. I know that’s what it’s designed for but ...

What I would like to do is have a more versatile 22 that I can shoot suppressed (if I keep this one I’ll have to have the muzzle threaded). So do you guys recommend trying to sell it and just move on? Or does anybody know of an aftermarket stock that won’t break the bank I could drop it into?

Just not sure selling is a great option as I think it might be hard to move.

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty surprised about the accuracy comment. I have a 64 MPR and it is pretty damn accurate. You say you have only shot it a few times. I would suggest you try the following things before you make your decision.
  1. You may want to give it a bit because the break in is long....mine shoots better all the time.
  2. Mine is pretty fussy about ammo. This is because my particular barrel had a custom chamber but I saw the test target before the barrel was rechambered and it was still pretty nice. In either case, ammo makes a huge difference. Mine likes RWS Special Match, ELEY Club/Tenex and PRIME Bolt.
Stock is a different matter. The benchrest stock sucks for all things other than benchrest shooting using a front rest. There are alternatives either from Anschutz North America or Manners

Hope this helps

"that "won't break the bank" - that was the operative phrase. What does that mean? There are aftermarket options all of which will require some inletting and bedding but could be made to work and work really well; however, it will be tough to touch a used Manners and have it bedded for under $700.

Maybe I wasn’t clear. The accuracy is fine for my needs and expectations for now. Just trying to make it more well rounded I guess.

You were clear...However, I find few shooters that would say it is "fine for my needs for now". You must be a hell of a shooter!

At any rate, change the stock if you want something more well rounded. Your best bet for low cost may be to buy a more conventional wood stock directly from Anschutz North America. Much cheaper than Manners

I didn’t mean to come off as arrogant. I was trying to say I’m not shooting competition and I don’t require that extra tenth of accuracy that might be gained.

As for breaking the bank I was pretty much indirectly referring to the Manners / McMillan route. But that may be only real option.

Ill call ANA and see what they have to say.

Thanks for for the replies.

updated - Manners from ANA is about 750. Wood options about 400-600.

Last edited:
Cheapest way to go is get a Boyd’s pro varmint for a 64 but it requires a little inletting work. These where patterned after the older shorter and smaller 64 actions. Takes about 30 min of work and it’s good to go. Pillar and glass bed and your done. You could get a flat top T4 in the rimfire version and have it Inletted and bedded. This will be more money obviously compared to the pro varmint route.

Thanks for the Boyd’s suggestion. I went over there and looked and it didn’t say that was available for the Anschutz but they did have one called the AT-One that was available for the 64 action. Maybe I have to call and ask for the pro varmit. Anybody know much about the AT-One? I checked around and found some decent reviews from what I saw.