• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

...it is what it is...

...we've already been told what's happening...

...it's still happening...

...I don't want them to rush anything...

...they can make mine last...or at least after <span style="font-style: italic">yours</span>...
grin.gif

......thanks for your insight......

....you really cleared things up for me....

.....I am glad you contributed to the build and information on their status.....

.....they can make mine first and send it last, as long as I know what stage my investment is in......

....thanks....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......thanks for your insight......

....you really cleared things up for me....

.....I am glad you contributed to the build and information on their status.....

.....they can make mine first and send it last, as long as I know what stage my investment is in......

....thanks....
smile.gif
</div></div>

My sentiments exactly.

I know you guys are frustrated.

The stocks are not here. In McMillan's defense, this was a new inlet for them. And they have to write the program, proof it etc.
And build 25 of them.

More perspective. This rifle was designed and the prototype was delivered to Frank almost exactly one year ago. That was a prototype. The rifle needed some revisions based on Franks feedback as well as others. The revisions happened and we went forward with building receivers, bottom metal, safety assemblies, bedding blocks, bolts, extractors, scope rails etc.

I am a small company and doing my best to deliver a great rifle for a great price. I am however dependent on barrel and stock makers to do their thing as well.

Believe me, I would like this project to be done and in the books. I am doing my best to get it to completion.

If this was a Remington clone action with AICS bottom metal with all off the shelf parts, it would still not be unreasonable for the time frame. I ordered parts on December 15th as stated in the original post. So really the build process started then.

Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate all of your faith in me and the rifle that you will be receiving. It will be worth it in the end.

When I have a meaningful update, I will post it.

Thanks to all involved.

Thanks George! I don't think anyone is wound up about the wait, we just would like an update once in a while, even if you have little to report. Keep at it, and make sure mine is the best of the bunch!
Ken

George in place of the Surefire muzzle break can I send you my YHM muzzle break to be installed on my rifle? Serial number 07-25

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeep Chimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks George! I don't think anyone is wound up about the wait, we just would like an update once in a while, even if you have little to report.<span style="font-weight: bold"> Keep at it, and make sure mine is the best of the bunch!</span>
Ken </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">THIS</span>
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LiteTac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send it out KYshooter338$.

I do appreciate your patiece on this guys. I am working hard on getting anything and everything perfected for the build.

I will do better about updates. </div></div>

It will be on the way sir. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For everyone waiting... It will be well worth it !!

me owning 3 of George's rifles
grin.gif
</div></div>

Like said......
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any good news yet George?
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Got a message from him earlier today - stocks still not there, but he's working on it....

Bill

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

...I for one, am grateful for the delay...

...I have started working again, but betwixt paying rent and insurance and such, I would not have been not be able to honor my commitment in an expeditious fashion...

...at his point, much overtime looms...I should be OK if I can hack it...

...that said, even if I were flush, I'd very much like for you to just take your sweet time with my rifle, por favor...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I for one, am grateful for the delay...</div></div>

Not me, I'm ready for mine - sooner the better! Had the balance stashed away a long time ago....

Definitely hoping it will be here in time to wring it out and work up some loads for the Bash, it will be nice to run a DBM for the first time at an RO/SH event. I'm pretty sure I had the only toploader at the Cup this Spring!...

Bill

Bill, u still top loading that swede?? lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bill, u still top loading that swede?? lol </div></div>

You know it! That's what I put down on the Bash entry, but hoping to be packing #14!... Got the Atlas for Christmas, and a spare mag and pouch from Triad - I'm READY!

Bill

I am certainly looking forward to getting mine as well!! Not looking to good to see you at the Bash right now!! Still trying to work the mid-week dates out!!

Sure hope you can work it out, Don, it would be good to shoot with you again.

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What photos??? </div></div>

You didn't get the photos?

Quick update. I have barrels here and more coming. There are enough here to keep me busy. Stocks will be here soon as well. I will post pictures of the stocks when they arrive.

I am projecting that the first rifles will start to ship by the end of October. I will be contacting everyone in the next week with the final build sheet. Please email back if there need to be any changes to what I have down, or if we are good to go.

Alot of people have made changes so I need to verify that I have the most current build information.

Thanks for the patience and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyone else not had a contact with George on final build
Still no stocks I'm guessing
eek.gif

I talked with George yesterday.
My call was made with the intent of getting some updated information and yes, also to express some frustration with the build and communication or lack thereof.

I found the conversation did not play out as I thought it would before making the only call to him since first ordering last year.
It's obvious the man is more frustrated about the time line than anyone and all I could do was encourage him to a finish.

He still has not received the stocks which seems ridiculous to me but it is what it is for whatever the reasons. The stock being sort of an important piece of the pie I suppose, so no builds as of yet.
He promised to post a picture of stock when it appears and hoped that would be a week or SO.

Little odd to be getting a 2009 build edition in 2011, but in the end I could give a shit less if the stick shoots. My guess is there is plenty of blame to go round on the time line, but nobody will care if the end result is what I and others have faith it will be.

Relax, adult beverage and Santa will be here soon hopefully......................

I don't people understand the difficulty in putting something like this together, and i mean that from a build standpoint as well as an end user one.

It's hard the coordination necessary is even harder, if you don't have your ducks in a row, from the start, it dominoes and can fall apart fast.

I haven't spoken to George, and don't like to ride anyone, I'm not good at it, but I can going dark on the subject can frustrate a lot of people. You have to be able to give timely updates and have reasonable answers to the explain any delays.

This is why I am very hesitant to do anything like because if it doesn't follow the original time line it gets very hard very fast, for all involved.

I for one understand completely. When ever a completed project centers around a manufacturing company delivering to a project a product that is not yet made and requires modification to their current manufacturing modus operandi there can be problems that impact the end date of the finished project. I deal with this several times a year.

I personally bought into this project because I was impressed with the action. For a company 25 rifles would probably not be a large project but for one man it is. Not sure where exactly the delays have come from whether it be from the procurement or manufacturing sides but I am sure we will all have the rifle we ordered in short order once George receives and approves the order components. This has to be a really tough deal for George and I can sympathize but I would also like to know some details as to why stocks have not been delivered.

If someone is so frustrated by the wait, I would interested in taking their place.

Having been self employed in a shop environment for 25 years, I can totally understand what George is going through.

-Steve

Once again, I don't think anyone is pissed about the wait, it's the communication aspect that can be frustrating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you can still order one. Talk to George. </div></div>

Actually what I have been thinking of doing is buying George's Hunter action and putting it in a folding AICS AX chassis. I emailed him about a price for a barreled action, but did not hear back. Either way, I thinking the combination would be great, if you wanted a folder.

-Steve

I've tried contacting him..... no answers.

Would really appreciate an update as to what's going on with the builds. At one time he estimated July, then October, end of october was his last guess.

Any updates? Thanks for your work George.

I can understand the frustration voiced by you guys. I am working hard to get the rifles done. I will not make any excuses, this is a big project for me and the lack of updates is my sole responsibility.

The long and the short of it is the that I initially scheduled time for all of the builds earlier in the year. Because of scheduling miscues and coordinating parts and manufacturing, time tables have been pushed back. All of the components are finished and the project rests on my shoulders. With all that I am doing my best to get this project done right. I will not compromise the quality of these rifles to get them out sooner.

I have not gone dark, I am just spending every waking hour moving forward. My best solution is not excuses, just getting the rifles done as soon as possible.

I appreciate your patience, and it will be worth your wait.

NO problem George!! Just throw us a bone once in a while! Thanks for the update,
Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LiteTac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can understand the frustration voiced by you guys. I am working hard to get the rifles done. I will not make any excuses, this is a big project for me and the lack of updates is my sole responsibility.

The long and the short of it is the that I initially scheduled time for all of the builds earlier in the year. Because of scheduling miscues and coordinating parts and manufacturing, time tables have been pushed back. All of the components are finished and the project rests on my shoulders. With all that I am doing my best to get this project done right. <span style="color: #FF0000">I will not compromise the quality of these rifles to get them out sooner.</span>

I have not gone dark, I am just spending every waking hour moving forward. My best solution is not excuses, just getting the rifles done as soon as possible.

I appreciate your patience, and it will be worth your wait. </div></div>

That was one of my biggest concerns. I am glad to see no matter what you stay true to your build philosophy and do them the right way the first time. Nothing worse then getting a rifle, and having to send it back.

Thanks for the hard work. Throw us an update here and there!
laugh.gif

Is there an estimated time as to when the rifles will be completed?

Anyone else notice the feeding issue on this rifle? Seems like the mag isn't seating deep enough. When the case cants to ride the ramp into the breach, it's head is ending up underneath the bolt. Improper bedding, defective/damaged mag, loose/defective bottom metal, defective bolt/action design, or possibly damage from testing?
confused.gif
Seems like this problem could create serious issues in rapid-fire engagements. Has the problem been addressed? Also, does anyone else think that rings popping when you tighten them might be bad? I doubt that the popping was the torque breaking on the bolt. This montage is all I've watched on this rifle, so maybe I missed something in the editing. I'm just curious and was wondering if someone could shed some light. Happy shooting.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootinbrandon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone else notice the feeding issue on this rifle? Seems like the mag isn't seating deep enough. When the case cants to ride the ramp into the breach, it's head is ending up underneath the bolt. Improper bedding, defective/damaged mag, loose/defective bottom metal, defective bolt/action design, or possibly damage from testing?
confused.gif
Seems like this problem could create serious issues in rapid-fire engagements. Has the problem been addressed? Also, does anyone else think that rings popping when you tighten them might be bad? I doubt that the popping was the torque breaking on the bolt. This montage is all I've watched on this rifle, so maybe I missed something in the editing. I'm just curious and was wondering if someone could shed some light. Happy shooting.
grin.gif
</div></div>

it was addressed, the stock was inletted for the Surgeon and not this action, everything with the initial rifle was prototype and all aspects of that was addressed and understood up front.

Welcome to over a year ago --- this is done and closed, well not the build but the discussion of the build anyway.

Yeah, I was browsing "Active Posts" and saw this one. Checked out the vid and was curious. I did cringe, however, when the rings popped. Are the nuts spring-loaded, or was that the threads going? Any video of the production rifle? Thanks for the info, Lowlight.
smile.gif

Really? Did you really just say that? Maybe read this thread before commenting.

In the interest of civility, I'm going to ignore mclevela's sarcasm. After all, I'm sure that he would be far more polite in person.
wink.gif
Lowlight, thank you for basically repeating yourself for my benefit. As is obvious, I missed your earlier post concerning the prototype.
blush.gif
Anyhow, best of wishes to the builder and buyers alike. Happy shooting.
smile.gif

Everything is still moving along. Rifles are in process. Lots of parts are here and getting fitted together. I will strive to get pictures up soon.

I have spent a lot of time making sure that this thing works. I could have rushed this project but that wouldn't do anyone any good. This rifle works. The only real improvement would be a sort of chassis system to make the 18" barreled rifle fit in a 34" case.

Things to look forward to when I get some machine time.

Thanks again for your patience.