• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will there ever be a future build like this? </div></div>

This is the future
Jump, the water is warm

George,
Can you give a firm date on when this will begin to ship? I think we all need to know a date we can expect to have our final payments ready. I for one am wanting to see something materialize on these builds. Its been a long time.

Let me know if anyone needs any of the custom 260 Rem ammo I developed for this build with the 139 Scenar. I currently have everything in stock. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me know if anyone needs any of the custom 260 Rem ammo I developed for this build with the 139 Scenar. I currently have everything in stock. Thanks! </div></div>

Going to offer any 6.5 Creedmoor ?!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George,
Can you give a firm date on when this will begin to ship? I think we all need to know a date we can expect to have our final payments ready. I for one am wanting to see something materialize on these builds. Its been a long time. </div></div>

Giving a firm date puts him in a tight spot. I would expect he is doing his very best, although a little more communication would probably help.

If George gives a date, and does not make it despite his best intentions, it will look bad. Besides, he is making a stainless action for me, and that might come first...

Well let me tell you something C1steve. It's 2011 and a lot of us are waiting for a 2009 build. Personally I could give a crap about the stainless action he is making for you.

Truth is we all have been very patient with this whole process. Don't need you coming in here with any more excuses or justifications for the long waited delay.

Most of us have had other builds by other builders on here and we know the process. So save your offerings for another thread, as the people who by the trust in Frank and his choice of builders for the 2009 SH Build, and by his request are still waiting patiently.

Nobody cares what YOU expect and what you think of someones intentions c1steve.

Unless you have something at stake with this build and appears you do not, than STFU

What dagsta said and very well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George,
Can you give a firm date on when this will begin to ship? I think we all need to know a date we can expect to have our final payments ready. I for one am wanting to see something materialize on these builds. Its been a long time. </div></div>

Giving a firm date puts him in a tight spot. I would expect he is doing his very best, although a little more communication would probably help.

If George gives a date, and does not make it despite his best intentions, it will look bad. Besides, he is making a stainless action for me, and that might come first... </div></div>

You sound very self centered....

We are being held up, according to you, because you got a stainless action?! I doubt your one action is holding us up. And for you to sit there and say we need to be patient and not ask for a firm date after almost 2 years of a builder who is holding our money with NOTHING to show for it but empty promises it gets pretty old people telling us to "wait patiently". I hope George is not going to SHOT show and staying home to finish these rifles. I have made numerous attempts to call him at his shop, never an answer. I think he got in over his head and now cant catch himself up with the delays he ran in to. But damn near 2 years for these rifles is outrageous.

I hope he does your action dead last!

It hasn't been 2 years for these rifles, it was promised Summer of 2010... so just stop right there.

I have spoke to him, and I spoke to him recently and he understands he is behind. He is a one man shop, he wants this done and done right, so he is taking his time to make sure the finished product is exactly as it should be.

The initial build was based off a prototype action, he has made a few changes, and those changes didnt happen overnight. I knew the action was a prototype and I asked for some changes, so it wasn't entirely unexpected. Right now he his all of 6 months behind, not 2 years...

We spec'd this out at the end of 2009, we didn't promise this build in 2009.

Last week I spoke to him, he is moving forward as best one man can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone is so frustrated by the wait, I would interested in taking their place.

Having been self employed in a shop environment for 25 years, I can totally understand what George is going through.

-Steve</div></div>

+1 I would be interested in taking a frustrated individuals place as well depending on what options they selected. :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It hasn't been 2 years for these rifles, <span style="color: #FF0000">it was promised Summer of 2010</span>... so just stop right there.

I have spoke to him, and I spoke to him recently and he understands he is behind. He is a one man shop, he wants this done and done right, so he is taking his time to make sure the finished product is exactly as it should be.

The initial build was based off a prototype action, he has made a few changes, and those changes didnt happen overnight. I knew the action was a prototype and I asked for some changes, so it wasn't entirely unexpected. Right now he his all of 6 months behind, not 2 years...

We spec'd this out at the end of 2009, we didn't promise this build in 2009.

Last week I spoke to him, he is moving forward as best one man can. </div></div>

That is what we are upset about. I fully understand WHY these builds are time consuming and occasionally there is a snag, but to promise a build over and over again and then not come thru nor make a public announcement about it is what is bothersome. When you invest your money into a project such as this and have your money tied up for a year and 3 months (roughly) it is trying to say the least.

It's the lack of communication, not just the fact that the builds are way behind. Would we rather he be building then playing on the internet, yes, but we are owed the knowledge of what status our investments are in? YES

There are 25 rifles being sold x the deposit..... you have $42,500 of our money tied up. With a $83,750 total after final payment. Please tell me that warrants some updates from the builder here and there.

I'm saying communication, if I'm told what's going on here and there I'm happy. I think most will agree with that point. At least that way we know we have not been left in the dark.

KYS338 is 100% correct. I personally would be fine with the rifles arriving summer of 2011 (some others would disagree)- so long as they are of the quality we are expecting. BUT - George has done a very poor job of keeping us updated as to the progress of the build.

Again, I'm not saying I'm pissed about the time frame, or missed completion date, just keep us informed!

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Stumbled across the post about your 2009 Snipers hide rifle build. My experience with George was no different than yours. Starts out with good communication, phone,e-mail response and as time goes on done hill from there. I spec. a rifle build for a 7mm WSM using a Surgeon action,A5 stock and almost 2 years after the order date I finally received my order. What was realy frustrating that after the fist year I was told the rifle was done and ready to be shipped with in a few weeks so I went ahead and sent the final payment. Eleven months later I received my rifle. Failed attempts to contact George over the months too.The most frustrating thing about this ordeal was no explanation was offered as to the belay.I was ready to chalk this up as a bad learning experience, and then finely the day came I received an e-mail with a tracking number. But I must say although 2 yrs is a bit of a wait, he did do a mighty fine job, real good shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: natureboy1t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stumbled across the post about your 2009 Snipers hide rifle build. My experience with George was no different than yours. Starts out with good communication, phone,e-mail response and as time goes on done hill from there. I spec. a rifle build for a 7mm WSM using a Surgeon action,A5 stock and almost 2 years after the order date I finally received my order. What was realy frustrating that after the fist year I was told the rifle was done and ready to be shipped with in a few weeks so I went ahead and sent the final payment. Eleven months later I received my rifle. Failed attempts to contact George over the months too.The most frustrating thing about this ordeal was no explanation was offered as to the belay.I was ready to chalk this up as a bad learning experience, and then finely the day came I received an e-mail with a tracking number. But I must say although 2 yrs is a bit of a wait, he did do a mighty fine job, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF6666">real good shooter</span>. </span></div></div>

Plenty of folks can make a good shooter, a few will make it great
Of those, some are good, some great and some not so much at people/customer communication skills. <span style="font-weight: bold">Some</span> of the most gifted/talented folks I know will never reach their potential because of the latter.
The god gifted talent they have seems to be depriving them of good business practices.

Glad your happy with the build in the end
grin.gif

Live and learn, always/forever

I have placed about 6 calls to the number George has on his website. No answers, just a machine. I have left a few voice mails asking him to please update the site or call me back and I can relay his message here.

I have also emailed him numerous times. Asking for updates and expected completion times. No replies.

This is to quiet for me. Who wants to road trip?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have placed about 6 calls to the number George has on his website. No answers, just a machine. I have left a few voice mails asking him to please update the site or call me back and I can relay his message here.

I have also emailed him numerous times. Asking for updates and expected completion times. No replies.

This is to quiet for me. Who wants to road trip? </div></div>

he answered me first rattle out of the box...

Basically I am gonna ban YOU from any other group buys on this site, because all you do is complain...

I got a reply from him immediately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have placed about 6 calls to the number George has on his website. No answers, just a machine. I have left a few voice mails asking him to please update the site or call me back and I can relay his message here.

Yea I know
I emailed him a few weeks ago [only the second one since ordering]
Very nice courteous short note asking for an update and nothing..............
I tried the phone a couple of times, no answer and did not leave message.
It's very quiet/dark and weird frankly

I guess I'm banned from future builds also, so be it I guess.
Last thing I want to do is look to be a complainer or whiner as anyone else I'm sure and maybe that's what really is upsetting in that George has made his customers to look as such imo! That's fubar and that one is on you George, NOT US!! but thanks anyway.

This thread lays out the timeline and details of the build very well.
It appears that previous customers have had the same experience from the an earlier post. Funny how that almost makes me feel good in that this is typical for him and sooner or later he will show himself.
I'm also counting on the fact that Frank has communicated with George recently, although no details of status is offered. Wish I had the direct phone line in like he does, but respect that he knows the scoop and have to settle for that.

Again I have faith in a good, hopefully a great ending
But this drama is George's making and NOBODY else's doing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a reply from him immediately. </div></div>

Do you think he will ignore your calls??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a reply from him immediately. </div></div>

Do you think he will ignore your calls??</div></div>

He wouldn't be the first to do so.

I gave an update from George, as well tell me one, single builder shop that puts out a single rifle in less than a year? Forget the fact it is a new action that he has to modify a bit.

Bottom line, you all witnessed, the LAST SH build, period. Never again will I put one on here. I am completely done with any type of site backed group anything. Fend for yourselves, I know what I can get for me, so get your own.

I don't blame you on the group buys a bit. You try to do something helpful and some people bitch like an ex-wife. Just too much of a headache. I was just sayin'.....it's doubtful that your call to him would go unanswered if he saw it, or not returned if he didn't get it right away. Not everybody is going to have the VIP treatment you do.

That said, nobody wants their money tied up for an unknown amount of time, but everybody should know what they sign up for in this kind of group buy.

It is unfortunate that it has come to this. I do hope that in the future opinions and feelings will soften.

I am every bit as "exposed" and based on my limited understanding of "custom" builds this is not outside the realm or reason. I have faith at the end of the day our patience will bear fruit and we will have a great new rifle that will take everything we can throw at it and come back for more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have placed about 6 calls to the number George has on his website. No answers, just a machine. I have left a few voice mails asking him to please update the site or call me back and I can relay his message here.

Basically I am gonna ban YOU from any other group buys on this site, because all you do is complain...

I got a reply from him immediately. </div></div>

Your going to ban me from group buys because I want to know where my investment stands? Wow. I've made attempts to reach him by his channels of comms. He went dark on us. This is in no way my fault. I have every right for an answer as to where I stand. Am i complaining about the build? No. I'm asking simply for an update. I don't think that's out of the question. Every message I've sent or left on voicemail was courteous and respectful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have placed about 6 calls to the number George has on his website. No answers, just a machine. I have left a few voice mails asking him to please update the site or call me back and I can relay his message here.

I got a reply from him immediately. </div></div>

Your going to ban me from group buys because I want to know where my investment stands? Wow. I've made attempts to reach him by his channels of comms. He went dark on us. This is in no way my fault. I have every right for an answer as to where I stand. Am i complaining about the build? No. I'm asking simply for an update. I don't think that's out of the question. Every message I've sent or left on voicemail was courteous and respectful.

</div></div>

I gave you an update... and as for complaining, that is all you do, <span style="font-style: italic">reference the SAS Suppressor / Covert Thread.</span> You were given an update, you don't like what you were given and want it from the source, but if he spent all his time updating you, as Tim said in the SAS Thread, nothing would get done.

At this point, I don't give a fuck, about you, your money or the build... the rifle could appear, not appear, be the greatest, or worse ever, I personally don't care. It's my last, as I will not do this again, I will spec out and have my own rifles built, and not sweat it, in fact I will probably do so with the understand anything I spec for me won't be copied, in fact i will pay extra for that.

Thats fine Frank. Do what you want... you are mad because everyone in this thread wants answers, I am just one of the few that spoke up the most.

I am not getting into the pissing match with you on who did what and when.

Have a drink and relax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats fine Frank. Do what you want... you are mad because everyone in this thread wants answers, I am just one of the few that spoke up the most.

I am not getting into the pissing match with you on who did what and when.

Have a drink and relax.
</div></div>

Tomorrow I am buying your rifle and sending you your money back... then I think I'm just gonna give it away to someone.

Consider your worries over, I will have a check out to you shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll take it Frank...lol </div></div>

I will eat your cat if you dont stand aside
grin.gif

LOL

Guys,

I understand everyones frustration. I get it. Ive been there and now I am on the other side.

When I started this business, I had several friends call me crazy. And it is not because of what is happening on this board right now. I took on this project and the whole idea of designing producing my own actions so I could have my ideas and desires come out in a rifle that bears a lot of me in the final product.

Well here we are and reality has set in. Its a huge undertaking to design and manufacture a rifle in just over a year and a half. Especially with the resources that I have. The biggest mistake that I have made, was with my time of delivery estimation. I did not take into account the little delays that turn into larger delays that turn into throwing the whole project sideways. I don't blame anybody but my self for this. My suppliers have been very patient with me and hopefully you guys will do the same. The major issues are out of the way and i am working through the middle and minor issues.

If anyone wants to contact me, please call me at 801-602-5776. Or email me at [email protected]. If I don't answer the phone, I am probably on the machines, so please leave a message. I try to return calls as soon as I can.

I want to offer an apology to anyone that I have neglected by phone, by email, or on this board.

Thanks again for your patience!

I'm considering selling out of my spot. I have rifle #10 in 6.5CM with AAC brake. If anyone is looking to buy in on this build, let me know.

Thanks...CWJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bozcoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ANY UPDATES? </div></div>

Do you have a dog in this hunt????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bozcoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ANY UPDATES? </div></div>

Do you have a dog in this hunt???? </div></div>

There is a list of serial numbers, not names. Who knows who is in and out.....

fwiw
I got a quick reply back yesterday to an inquiry I made as to an IDEA of time for finish, be it spring/summer/later
I failed to ask if I could forward/quote that message here but under the circumstances a portion of the message below.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"goal at this point is to have all of the rifles shipped out by the end of march. So there is an end in sight."</span>
grin.gif

For anyone wanting a unique rifle in what would appear a short time frame at this point, I know there are a few spots left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shootist68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any rifles not spoken for? </div></div>

look at post on 2-01 said he'd sell his spot.

My only reason for ordering this rifle was as part of a collection of SH rifles. I have the Valkyrie and would like to get prior SH rifles. I planned on buying one of every SH from here on, and trying to get the others as they become available. It sounds like LL is pissed off enough that this will be the final SH rifle. So, I really have no need for my rifle, especially right now (personal stuff). I'd be willing to sell my spot. I have rifle number 10. I'm not hurting for money, so don't low ball me.

I also have the USO anniversary scope (number 10) that I might be willing to sell to complete the package. I love the scope and have other rifles for it, so I'm not giving it away.

If anyone wants my SH rifle, let me know. I'm not selling the scope unless it's a package, so don't ask.

CWJ

It's March, I guess I'm supposed to be getting ready for delivery..If they are gonna be done by the end of the month, I'm sure at least one or two are done ready for a photo shoot.

Just sayin...