• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shadysmitty68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't waite for a range report.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Don't hold your breathe!

100 posts
Having this build in hand

What order I cant say
frown.gif

I talked to George on the phone today.

He told me that he was function testing the rifles and the 3 position safety was not working properly so he had to go thru each rifle and fix them. He was hopeful to begin shipping them at the end of this week.

He also said he would get on here to update as to when they ship out.

That's good news - appreciate the update!

Bill

Well........ did anyone get notified if they have shipped yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well........ did anyone get notified if they have shipped yet? </div></div>
Nothing, yet
frown.gif

Is anybody surprised?
Nope...didn't think so

Not even a picture of one assembled anything. Makes me think the status is the same as the last picture.

His email as of late says he is still working on the safety's and their "issues"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His email as of late says he is still working on the safety's and their "issues" </div></div>

I'd like to believe that!
Still no reason to not show up here and post a pic or two of some almost ready to ship builds, or whatever he has to show. Seems the least he could do for us impatient, complaining bastards!

Occam's razor:

often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae, translating to law of parsimony, law of economy or law of succinctness, is a principle that generally recommends selecting the competing hypothesis that makes the fewest new assumptions, when the hypotheses are equal in other respects.[2] For instance, they must both sufficiently explain available data in the first place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Not even a picture of one assembled anything. Makes me think the status is the same as the last picture. </div></div>

Sadly I think this is closer to the truth.
Called him yesterday and was not encouraged with anything he had to say.
He seemed very rather ho hum about it all really
frown.gif

I simply stated that we all want a functioning safety of course, but that's no excuse for not being here
He half heartedly said he might try to get a pic up later this week.

I assume he has no incentive to do so at this point, he said himself he is not a popular guy right now.
I assume he has everybodys funds already, so no incentive there......... ho-hum

Well that blows.. I have paid 2/3 of the rifle, I wont send a penny more until someone gets a rifle, Then I wants a picture of MINE completed before I sent off another 1 k plus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: native</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd like to see updates/photos at every "milestone" - first barreled action, a row of barreled actions, first barrel marking, and especially the first completed rifle - along with the test target </div></div>

crazy.gif
<span style="font-weight: bold">LOL</span>
crazy.gif
</div></div>

It's really not too much to ask, he's obviously doing them all in stages, it's not like it's one at a time. Laying 15 barreled actions on the table for a family picture would take like 10 minutes. Then maybe a picture of the SH Build engraving of just one of them would be another 5 minutes.

I don't fault the guy for being behind schedule, that happens. But you can stop a lot of the criticism before it starts with some quick and simple communication and a few feel good pictures. </div></div>

Being from Missouri, "Show-Me" is in my blood - I like to see things for myself. It's been almost three weeks since I made this simple request, and nothing. How about this to make us all sleep a little easier - picture(s) of ALL build components (20 stocks, ~25 barrels, 20 actions, 20 Mags, and all of the TAB slings)?

If there's a "problem with the safeties", is it that it won't fire? Fires but won't go on safe? If it fires, how about a test target or two?...

George, you could go a long way towards becoming more popular by letting us know exactly what's going on. I hate to "whine" about this, but let's face it - we were promised these last July, and patience is growing thin....

Thanks,

Bill

This got out of hand many months ago when he went dark and decided to let us seek him out for information. He should be updating this thread weekly.

holy shit i can't believe these aren't done yet. I consider myself reasonably patient but if i were in your guys shoesn not sure how well i could handle this, hopefully they will be worth teh 2 year wait.

Hold steady guys!
There is a change in the wind it does appear...more to come
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Of all creatures great and small, NO TEASING!!
LOL </div></div>

No teasing intended and I regret making that post guys, <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm sorry!</span>
I received a response out of the blue Thursday to an email request 2 weeks earlier in which I stated that at the very least pictures should be posted.
In the email Thursday, not only did he say <span style="font-weight: bold">"I will be posting a picture tomorrow"</span> - that would have been Friday 5/27
but also said <span style="font-weight: bold">"Your rifle is built"....It looks great!"</span>
Yes he put the exclamation point after great, I did not add that.
I gots a little school boy giddy over that one gentlemen and kicking my ass now for biting on it.
Saturday I emailed him back asking, where art thou George?...no response

I wanted to give him and hoping that the long weekend would bring something forth but as someone else wrote me, it looks like I/we have been stood up again!

I have never had a business dealing like this ever! and I've been there done it a few times like most of you. It's become somewhat personal now and if this next week does not show REAL results this will get fun.

Weird fucking shit Jorge!

Wow. My worst delayed-time experience being a 6 week wait when being quoted 5, I can't even begin to fathom this whole shenanigan.

WOW...thats a very nice looking rifle. Looks like all the people who ordered one of these will be pretty happy soon enough.

Thanks for the photos Chiller.
It is promising to see such. Not sure when those were taken but looks to me like there are quite a few man hours yet to complete the rifle in the photos.

Thanks again.

Chiller,

Thank you very much for the pictures; however, I am pretty sure I ordered mine with a trigger (LOL).

Once again thanks for the update – helps to put the ole mind at rest a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chiller,

Thank you very much for the pictures; however, I am pretty sure I ordered mine with a trigger (LOL).

Once again thanks for the update – helps to put the ole mind at rest a little.
</div></div>

Damn......now I know what the hammer and the extra firing pin are for......
laugh.gif

I have a Huber on its way to get that done.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW...thats a very nice looking rifle. Looks like all the people who ordered one of these will be pretty happy soon enough. </div></div>

been saying that all along !!!

most will ship with the regular remmington style trigger safety not the 3 position saftey right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most will ship with the regular remmington style trigger safety not the 3 position saftey right? </div></div>

That is my understanding

Good looking stick! I've been waiting to see one of these finally!

What kind of EFR is that?

Im very confused, In his previous pictures of the uncompleted rifle it was sporting a non tail hook stock.. A3? Now its in a tail hooked stock?
SHR_2009_Parts_002.jpg
A5 is it? And "most will ship with the regular remmington style trigger safety not the 3 position saftey right?"

So the 3 position safety is out? Somebody enlighten me on this please?

CH

Flush cups missing from the 3 & 9 clock positions on the forearm of the A5-A3 stock as well.

... And I'm kind of confused on the flush cups - latest pic shows no flush cups on the side up front. Now, maybe the flush cup(s) are built into the 3 & 9 O'clock rails, but not sure?

I'd much prefer (and expected) the 3 pos safety on the cocking piece, regardless of which trigger is installed. It shouldn't matter which trigger is installed....

Bill

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

I'm not sure I understand, the original build specs said it would have the 3-position safety. Has that been dropped from the build? Why would "most" be coming with the standard Remington safety and others will not?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most will ship with the regular remmington style trigger safety not the 3 position saftey right? </div></div>

That is my understanding </div></div>

And why is it that some people are "privy" to information on the build and others, i:e: Most of us, aren't? This build is sour enough, I'd hate for it to smell fishy...BUTT,.... Picture of wrong stock, flush cups missing, talk of different style safety on some..

Its June now.. I have lots of patience but am getting leary as these awkward issues are here and no firm answers from the smith himself.

CH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most will ship with the regular remmington style trigger safety not the 3 position saftey right? </div></div>

And why is it that some people are "privy" to information on the build and others, i:e: Most of us, aren't? This build is sour enough, I'd hate for it to smell fishy...BUTT,.... Picture of wrong stock, flush cups missing, talk of different style safety on some..

Its June now.. I have lots of patience but am getting leary as these awkward issues are here and no firm answers from the smith himself.

CH </div></div>

I have a "twin" to the build being done at the same time. The difference being the stock type and caliber.

Dont think I am "privy" to anything more than everybody on the build.

If memory serves the flush cups could be where you wanted them (nothing special there).

There are some that were demanding their rifles now and the way that was going to happen was to go to the Rem style safety. The reason I went to the Rem is that I want to be accomodating.

George has always been good to talk with and answered my questions. Other than that...??...??

I hope it's not a default swap that everyone is getting the Remington style safety. That's like buying a luxury car and instead of having the A/C that you paid for, you get a dash fan instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is a flush cup on bottom and should be one on left side for a right action.... </div></div>

As far as flush cups I was referencing the original build sheet on page 1 of this thread.
I thought the 3 & 9 clock reference was a dead give a way to that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most will ship with the regular remmington style trigger safety not the 3 position saftey right? </div></div>

CH </div></div>

I have a "twin" to the build being done at the same time. The difference being the stock type and caliber.

If memory serves the flush cups could be where you wanted them (nothing special there).

There are some that were demanding their rifles now and the way that was going to happen was to go to the Rem style safety. The reason I went to the Rem is that I want to be accomodating.

George has always been good to talk with and answered my questions. Other than that...??...?? </div></div>

So the pictures to satisfy us arent even of one of "our" rifles? OMG, so, not one rifle has been built, hes building other rifles instead/also? If he has time and a camera to take a picture of "yours" and send it to you, why cant he take a picture of anything related to this build and show us?

Bunch of hogwash...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most will ship with the regular remmington style trigger safety not the 3 position saftey right? </div></div>

CH </div></div>

George has always been good to talk with and answered my questions. Other than that...??...?? </div></div>

Nobody has demanded anything other than some communication and insight from George all along. Folks here have been more than patient and understanding and anybody reading this thread knows that! To couch it any other way is BS
The fact that you are accommodating to a Remy trigger is great and I may very well do the same, but he better damn sure let me know first.
The 3 position safety is/was a big deal to many to include myself, but letting the customer know what that entails and given the option is the only right way to proceed.

He has made so many promises to myself and others and let this stand to fester into speculation about what is and isn't that anybody with half a brain can understand the frustration here.

I have not been sent a picture of MY build as he promised last week, which is supposedly built already.
Two weeks ago on the phone he said nothing of a standard Remy trigger.
I don't give a Fuk what stock/color specialty someone else may have on their build! I know what was spec and what my build was suppose to be.

Calm down! We're only 11 months over due! You guys have no patience!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most will ship with the regular remmington style trigger safety not the 3 position saftey right? </div></div>

It had better come with a 3 position safety because that was his latest excuse for holding up the delivery. It looks like there is still some time left in getting them done. We are fast approaching 20 months and counting.....

I talked to him on the phone. The 3 position safety did not work as planned. So he is using a Remington style safety (at more cost to him, he says). He says they are in the final stages of fit and finish.

Time is ticking....

CH </div></div>

Chiller,
I think what is chapping everyones ass is the fact that you have pictures of your "clone" and we have nothing. You actually can talk to him, we hear nothing. So in a way, yes, you are privy to more info then we are at this point in time. You posted up pics of a rifle that isn't even the ones we are supposed to get. But we can clearly see he is doing more then just "focusing on our builds". He told me at one point this is the only thing he does everyday, clearly that is not true if he is building additional clone rifles.

And to top it off, specs are changing left and right and we have had ZERO notification of them. So at this point in time George needs to come on here and give some explanations as to what's going on and were everyone is in the time line. That is more then fair for the amount of waiting we are doing.

Besides the safety, what other specs have changed? I too feel left out of the loop.
Ken

Test_Fire_023.jpg

So, did the safety not work on this rifle? I must've missed something. I know they made a few tweaks, but what tweaks caused the safety to not work correctly? I wish they would've held off on this build until they had a final prototype and all of the kinks worked out.

I hope I don't end up wishing I would've ordered a GAP...

Anyone else hear the theme song from Jeopardy playing?..

CH

Not really a clone if its the first of its kind. I feel for you guys, 2 years is a long time.