• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another batch of questions - ADM UIC-10A this time

Tuthmose

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2022
Northern Virginia
I’m going to follow up my earlier post of “20 Questions” about the SP-10 with similar queries about the other potential AR10 that has my eye, the American Defense Mfg UIC-10A in .308.

The SP10 caught my attention for obvious reasons, but the more I look, in many ways the UIC-10A looks like a closer fit to what I’m after – it already features a 16” barrel and a collapsible stock (something I’d have to modify the SP10 to match). They are SR-25 pattern, and are fully ambi. They also look to be at least a *little* bit easier to get ahold of.

Unfortunately, information on these rifles seems harder to come by. Questions are:
  • What parts are proprietary? BCG? Bolt? Buffer? What barrel pattern do they take? To clarify, it’s not at all that I’m eager to mix-n-match. I know that can be trouble. But we live in uncertain times. I’d love to know that if a company went under or a ban/panic/etc. created scarcity, I could source parts from other makers if key replacements were needed. I know AR10s aren’t standardized, but more parts that are, the happier I am.
  • What about accuracy and reliability? It’s pretty easy to find testimony on the SP10. Not so much on the UIC-10A. What little I’ve seen on ADM’s offering looks pretty good, but it isn’t much. Are there any owners here willing to share either kudos or cautions?
If anybody has any answers to these queries, or just something to say about the UIC-10A or a comparison between it and the Seekins offering, I’d very much appreciate the wisdom. Thanks for indulging the questions!

I don't believe any of the parts are proprietary beyond the ambi controls. Last I knew they exclusively used off the shelf Criterion barrels, so probably LR308 or whatever the most common large frame pattern is called.
If you lived in the WI/MN/IL area you'd see ADM rifles and their happy owners everywhere you went. Around here they're kinda like the more duty biased equivalent of JP, gunshops all carry them and you get to know half the ADM employees because they're avid match shooters and the company sponsors nearly every match around.
If you have any questions about parts compatibility don't hesitate to contact them, they're great to talk to.