• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Another Cabelas is Awesome Tale

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
This old pair of compact binoculars has been with me for a very long time. Great Japanese glass.
The left eye cup split. After coming up with nothing in search results, I called Cabelas, trying to get information on the manufacturer in order to see if I could find replacement cups.
Cabelas researched and found my original order from 11-12-1995, and then they explained that the binoculars carried a lifetime warranty.
They offered me a full refund or a replacement using my choice of two different models from their current stock of comparably priced items. Each one is about $30 more than what I paid for these.
They gave me an RA and I'll be sending them off Monday. I almost feel guilty, but they are really good little binoculars.

DFwQBwi.jpg

Score one for the home team.

Customer service is how retailers are going to survive in the Internet age. Great story tucker.

Cabelas cost me a lot of money, I live 5 minutes from one and the 4 story building I am working on is 5 minutes away from another Cabelas. I have spent money at both. I had a 1851 Navy black powder pistol that had a broken spring, I took it to Cabelas to see if they could get me a new spring, they suggested replacing the entire pistol if I wanted to. No paperwork or nothing, just swapped it out. I must of had that pistol ten years at least.

Good to hear others have had positive experiences with them as well.

As was said, great glass. Hard to imagine that anything they have now at a '95 price would even come close. Shame about the eye cup, but we've become complacent about replacing things rather than calculating for repairs and boxing up replacement bits for the 22 year wait.

I hope the replacement is not some made in China crap.

As was said, great glass. Hard to imagine that anything they have now at a '95 price would even come close. Shame about the eye cup, but we've become complacent about replacing things rather than calculating for repairs and boxing up replacement bits for the 22 year wait.

I was thinking along the same lines. Tucker you will have to let us know if the quality got better or worse along the same price point.

I was thinking along the same lines. Tucker you will have to let us know if the quality got better or worse along the same price point.

I have already had hands on one of the models they referenced, and I like the old ones better. Japan beats China on glass pretty much all of the time.

I have already had hands on one of the models they referenced, and I like the old ones better. Japan beats China on glass pretty much all of the time.

I was afraid of that. Was wondering if technology trumped inflation, I guess not.