• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Another Cerakote custom blend

Danco411

Arclight Precision
Minuteman
Just finished this one. Mix of Titanium and Magpul OD Green. I think I'll call it "Shrek" green. :cool:

Like or too blingy?

image_zpsf54dd2d4.jpg

image_zps0d2d9b11.jpg

image_zps3b71c3b7.jpg

image_zps36e743d4.jpg

Not too shabby! Curious as to see what it looks like in sunlight. I'm considering doing a custom Cerakote mix for my next AR in Titanium and Foliage. What was your ratio by chance?

Thanks. It looks killer when wet. :cool: The lighting in the pictures do not do it justice for sure.

The ratio was about 60% OD Green and 40% Titanium. The Titanium lightened it up so the color is more like Foliage with a metallic sheen. If you use Foliage as a base it will be much lighter...or use less Titanium.

I just did a mixture of 40% Titanium, 40% Coyote Tan and 20% Black. It's came out as a sand colored tan but with a metallic sheen. I'll try to get some pics up.

Thanks. It looks killer when wet. :cool: The lighting in the pictures do not do it justice for sure.

The ratio was about 60% OD Green and 40% Titanium. The Titanium lightened it up so the color is more like Foliage with a metallic sheen. If you use Foliage as a base it will be much lighter...or use less Titanium.

I just did a mixture of 40% Titanium, 40% Coyote Tan and 20% Black. It's came out as a sand colored tan but with a metallic sheen. I'll try to get some pics up.

Thanks for the info! I am going for more of a medium grey with a green hue than a green with a grey tint. Splitting hairs I know as it's a subtle thing, but I'm a little OCD on my colors. :)

I recently became of two other Cerakote colors that I may use in future builds: APA Sage (H-205Q) and ICON Grey (H-125Q). Both look like nice neutral and flat Earth tones.