• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Another Cerakote custom blend

Danco411

Arclight Precision
Minuteman
Just finished this one. Mix of Titanium and Magpul OD Green. I think I'll call it "Shrek" green. :cool:

Like or too blingy?

image_zpsf54dd2d4.jpg

image_zps0d2d9b11.jpg

image_zps3b71c3b7.jpg

image_zps36e743d4.jpg

Not too shabby! Curious as to see what it looks like in sunlight. I'm considering doing a custom Cerakote mix for my next AR in Titanium and Foliage. What was your ratio by chance?

Thanks. It looks killer when wet. :cool: The lighting in the pictures do not do it justice for sure.

The ratio was about 60% OD Green and 40% Titanium. The Titanium lightened it up so the color is more like Foliage with a metallic sheen. If you use Foliage as a base it will be much lighter...or use less Titanium.

I just did a mixture of 40% Titanium, 40% Coyote Tan and 20% Black. It's came out as a sand colored tan but with a metallic sheen. I'll try to get some pics up.

Thanks. It looks killer when wet. :cool: The lighting in the pictures do not do it justice for sure.

The ratio was about 60% OD Green and 40% Titanium. The Titanium lightened it up so the color is more like Foliage with a metallic sheen. If you use Foliage as a base it will be much lighter...or use less Titanium.

I just did a mixture of 40% Titanium, 40% Coyote Tan and 20% Black. It's came out as a sand colored tan but with a metallic sheen. I'll try to get some pics up.

Thanks for the info! I am going for more of a medium grey with a green hue than a green with a grey tint. Splitting hairs I know as it's a subtle thing, but I'm a little OCD on my colors. :)

I recently became of two other Cerakote colors that I may use in future builds: APA Sage (H-205Q) and ICON Grey (H-125Q). Both look like nice neutral and flat Earth tones.