• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another cute house spider

Re: Another cute house spider

This is why I like the north so much.... things that are supposed to be big are big and things that are supposed to be small are small. For example...bears are supposed to be big, and up here they are. Spiders...not so much.

That thing was pretty damn big. Very nice of that gent, little does he know that spidey is going to be back in the middle of the night and EAT HIS BRAIN!!! or something like that

may be he should get it a leash and it will work better.

I tried, but he can't be reached currently.

He was out walking his spider and it trampled him trying to get away from the mutant giant iguana he keeps(kept?) in his back yard. It was an unexpected, vicious attack resulting in his tragic and serious hospitalization.

He's trying to place a bid on Tillikum from his hospital bed, but Sea World wants to take a look at his Orca Care Facility before they respond affirmatively.

He says he can't understand the delay; his gas grill is big enough and all...

Let this be a lesson...

Greg

Actually, I think I just figured out my first valid application for a .410.

Effin right Mr Greg.....I'd scream like a lil bitch while puttin my glass on it callin in an airstrike LOL from across the house.

He probably should have saddled up his cuttin' horse to herd that fucker out the door instead of using a tape measure.

On the other hand, beer battered and deep fried could have been another option.

I was really expecting after he got it out the door for the camera to pan over the threshold and have that f*cker come flying back up onto the lens. I agree with Switchblade & Greg. BOOM! Drywall mud, paint... All better.

I call BS.
Too staged looking.

I agree with SonicBoom, thank god I live in the northeast where things are the size their supposed to be. That would make one hell of a splat when I stomped on it with the boots on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, I think I just figured out my first valid application for a .410. </div></div>

I was thinking a .357 shotshell. The floors are real nice in that house. Bullshit on that "defenseless" statement. I've been bit by a spider alot smaller than that one and it fucked me up.

That is why I keep shotshells for my .40 S&W and the .22LR, perfect for mini critters that you need to take care of without destroying your walls

Nah, just do him like my scorpions - telephone book & stomp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, I think I just figured out my first valid application for a .410. </div></div>

I was thinking a .357 shotshell. The floors are real nice in that house. Bullshit on that "defenseless" statement. I've been bit by a spider alot smaller than that one and it fucked me up. </div></div>

Same here, and they weren't even considered the dangerous ones...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, I think I just figured out my first valid application for a .410. </div></div>
Send in:
THE JUDGE!!!!!

looked bigger til i noticed cm not inches . . seems like one legit use for an air rifle or paintball gun

You boys should come downunder and visit Australia. Spiders that big are everywhere... Its the small ones that you have to worry about. Look up funnel web spiders in Australia, those pricks are nasty.

Pete.

Hey Pete,
That looked like a huntsman. Wait till winter kicks in,
they start coming into the house.
Best way to get rid of it is bug spray and vacuum cleaner.
Spray and suck.
grin.gif

Regards Albert.

No way i could let something that awful live after it found its way into my home. I'd have to kill it or die trying...

Haha. hey aam. Yeah start of winter is the time. I used too just catch them in a tea towl, pick them up in it and put them outside. Cant be bothered these days so a shoe does the trick. My girlfriend hates them, spots them a mile off and makes me kill them.

Used to chop wood alot when i was youger, you would have the crawling all over you, huntsmans are harmless, still would not want to be bit by one!

I agree smaller is worse. I have black widows all over where I am at as well as tarantulas. It is the little bugger that will get you. We also get some nasty wolf spiders that are about 2”. The wolfs like to sit pushed up against the bottom of your front door when it is cool out and then when you open the door you get a nice surprise that drops in and runs like the dickens. You have to be quick to get them before they get behind something. Our dachshund loves to hunt them so no worries if there is a bug in the house I am covered she corners it and I go in for the kill. At 4” though I have to say the 870 with 00buck would be my solution. Walls are cheap to fix.

cant figure out what kind of spider it is. Looks like a Tarantula but it was way to calm to be a wild one.