• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Another happy SWFA customer

goose316

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Hattiesburg MS
I ordered a ssalt mount about two weeks ago from SWFA to mount a Burris tac30 on my AR. I arrived in due fashion and I began bolting everything together. I put 18 inlbs on the ring tops without a hitch. Since I already had the fat wrench set I tightened the cross bolts to 18 and was then going to tighten the wrench up to 45. The rear cross lug nut stripped at 18 inlbs, obviously it was a defective nut. No worries, I contacted SWFA and spoke with Skylar. Within minutes they had a new mount on the way to me and said sorry for the inconvenience. This is a great company and great people to boot. So again thank you to SWFA.

Re: Another happy SWFA customer

Good to hear. My new IOR from SWFA IS due for delivery tomorrow.

Interesting, I had the same happened to me over the weekend. (the salt mount is 6 months old) I was moving to a different upper and the rear lug came off. Emailed them but haven't heard squat. Hopefully, they take care of me too,

Call them I doubt they will leave you hanging. I have dealt with them a good bit and some pretty pricey investments. This was the first issue I have had but they were nothing but eager to help work out my problem. This was supposed to be a cheap mount for a non hard use application and I think it fits the bill nicely. The nut seems to be aluminum yet the bolt seems to be steel. Skylar said the spec was 65 in lbs on the cross bolt nut. I doubt it would stand that repeatedly. My rear lug nut stripped as well, maybe coincedence?

They have bent over backwards to help me out on several ocassions.

I have bought a lot of scope from SWFA over the last 15 years.

It is easy to make the leap in my mind that the quality of the scope I chose is somehow to their credit, but it is not. They just stock them and sell them. They do a great job of what they do, but someone else is making the scopes, and sometimes I choose good scopes, and sometimes I don't.

15 years ago, it was always women with Southern accents answering the phone:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
15 years ago, it was always women with Southern accents answering the phone:)</div></div>

I'd wager if you gave them a few extra $'s, they'd talk like a southern woman to you again or anyway you like! lol

(BTW this is a joke at the guys that work at SWFA)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

15 years ago, it was always women with Southern accents answering the phone:)</div></div>

That was Brady....his voice just deepened over the years.
laugh.gif

This is why I never order anything from them without calling.
wink.gif

SWFA have become my go to optics company. Really love hearing they did a great job for you! You would think in this market business would be bending over backwards to get your hard earned dollars? Sad when it is the exception??
I'm not a big buyer but probably decent amount and I will try to stay loyal to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That was Brady....his voice just deepened over the years.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

LOL

It's hard for me to buy from SWFA due to the in-state penalty but that being said the samplelist can help ease that pain.
I picked up an "A" Swaro Z6I a couple of months ago which in actuality is no different than new and the price was amazing even after paying to the Governors fund.