• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

another paracord sling

jayd4wg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2009
Steel City
Got tired of the crappy sling on my heavy barrel 22mag so I decided to use up some paracord I had laying around.

Double Soloman aka king cobra knots up top and worked out a couple singles too make over sized thumb loops, to a single Soloman terminating into a steel d-ring to a 1 inch webbing adjustment loop to the rear swivel. Final pics will be uploaded later.

I also sprayed the inside of the sling with some 3m No-slip. Works very well, happy with the outcome.

Attachments

• 20131102_024603.jpg
    20131102_024603.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20131102_024555.jpg
    20131102_024555.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20131102_024548.jpg
    20131102_024548.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Thanks...i really didn't set out to whip up a bunch of tactical macrame but i needed a new sling for the following morning, and had a couple hours to blow, no extra cash, and a few hundred feet of paracord laying around. the amusing part was figuring out just how the final product would turn out and figuring out a way to make it adjustable without rigging up a couple turks heads.. I remember sitting there thinking MAN i wish i had a D-Ring...oh wait...one of the "spare" dog collars we have on top of the fridge not only has the D ring but also an adjustment buckle. 3 mins with the sewing machine and i had 12" of adjustability built in as well, and the paracord was easy to terminate onto the d-ring. A better termination would just have been a simple 1" oval link of chain...but i had the d-ring and it worked out just fine.

another paracord sling

I see this is an old thread but thought I'd add to it. Your paracord sling is along the same lines as one I did. I did the cobra braid from one end to another. Then around half way back, to double it, the back over that, to make it 3 raps on the one end for the part that goes over your shoulder. I then attached a Buck paklite knife, some jute cord and a striker rod. Its kind of a survival sling.

8azuva7a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: