• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Another SW Kansas large buck and a yote.

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Took a trip to my little get away last evening and ad just enough time to call this nice yote in. Buddy of mine was hunting the south side and took this awesome buck. Congrats to him, much deserved after working this property for the last 6 yrs.

IMG_2239.jpg

pic of the deer when on hoof.

2009_Deer_004.jpg

175" plus, very solid rack, holds mass all the way out, and just shy of a 23" spread.

IMG_2249.jpg

Re: Another SW Kansas large buck and a yote.

That is a buck of a lifetime, I wish we had more hunting opportunities around here.

Whopper Whitetail and the Coyote looks like a tank too. Congratulations

Congratulations!

That is my ideal buck right there - a perfect typical 10 or 12 with heavy mass.

Hope you connect on a nice one also.

Good luck.

Jeff

did they cape the whole deer! nice buck......I hope to get mine in area 12 or 13 November 6-14th while I'm down in Cedarvale!

Wondered when someone would notice. Long story, but we waited almost two hours before tracking him. We jumped him and he took off. Come to find out the next morning about 7 hours later, he only made it another 200yrds. In that 7 hours, he was totally licked up by, obviously 6 to 8 coyotes, maybe more???
    The cape is not going to be used due to the lower chest area on the RH side is gone.

Here is a pic of the deer.
    IMG_2270.jpg

Awesome! Congrats to your bud. Like Jose Wales said, "Worms(coyotes) gotta eat same as buzzards".

Wow, that's an AWESOME Buck... Looks like you have six to eight or more reasons to shoot some more coyotes! What a shame!

id get my good buddies and go on a yote killing spree. By the way congrats to your buddy, thats a nice deer

Nice rack on that monster. Too bad the yotes got to dine on him.

I had the same thing happen 2 years ago on halloween day,stuck a 8 point with my bow and got lost looking for him.The next day i came back and the black bear scarred the hell out of me when i got close to him and found him close by all eat up, he went 125 3/8.