• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Another "Tell Me What I'm Looking At" Borescope Post (Sorry)

saddlerocker

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
PA
I know, I know, "How does it shoot?", "Why did you even borescope it?"

65rds on the barrel, and lightly cleaned it twice before I got the borescope (Possum Hollow Guide/Boretech V-Stix), so unfortunately I don't know what it looked like brand new.
The "Chatter" type marks are at the very start of the lands near the throat.
Its a 4 Groove Cut-rifled Hawk Hill
Is it Poor Lapping? Poor cleaning? Poor Chambering?
WIN_20231231_20_47_17_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231231_20_47_43_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231231_20_47_00_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231231_20_47_23_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231231_22_05_43_Pro.jpg

There are some other scratches farther down the barrel and I honestly think they might be from the Teslong Rigid borescope, even though I ran it through the boreguide/chamber first, and went very slow and gentle.
There is not enough room for o-rings around the mirror/lockring, but I am going to use a little electrical tape or something in the future, as well as not to use it unless needed. I just couldn't help but take a look and video of my first high end barrel.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything in your pictures. The marks in the throat and on the start of the lands are an unavoidable byproduct of chambering a barrel. They are made by the reamer. They will be gone in another 50 or less rounds.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything in your pictures. The marks in the throat and on the start of the lands are an unavoidable byproduct of chambering a barrel. They are made by the reamer. They will be gone in another 50 or less rounds.
Thank you. Thats all I wanted to know

Reactions: Newbie2020