• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PIC HEAVY: SEEKINS SP10 6.5CM PART 2 - BORESCOPE PICS! Vs Larue Vs Wilson (Experience In Progress, It is NOT A COMPLETE REVIEW)

How can you review a gun without reviewing its shooting performance?

A gun is a tool. I don't evaluate hammers by how they "look" or appear.

I judge them by how they put nails in wood.

Guns should be judged by how they put holes in targets.

I've got a lot of "cheap shit" Some of them are very good at putting holes in targets. IDGAF how they look inside. They chamber, they run, they hit. Maybe I got lucky. Never had a target complain "FUCK I JUST GOT NAILED BY A DPMS IN THE X RING"

That's the judge of a rifle.

Same goes for expensive shit. Never borescoped the AI. It puts holes in targets. VERY consistently. Also BigJake has posted a thorough pull apart of the seekins, it shortcomings, its improvements etc. You'd know that if you read this section consistently.

So you also need to probably post less, and listen more.

Pointing out that you should shoot the rifle before you complain is knowing WTF the tool is for. If that's being a Chad Fanboi?

-Chad is Out
Hi Doc- I hear you and get what you are saying. And I agree with some of your points. It is a tool. By reputation, it's going to be amazing. I'll be finding out soon.

As I said, this is "in progress". I am laying out my experience. Yes, I am going to shoot it, that's what I bought it for.

All the other stuff matters. Otherwise why does Seekins bother to have a nice looking website/brochures? Why does Seekins bother to have such eye pleasing designs? Why offer 5 of 6 different colors? Their stuff is Well-Made AND Good Looking. They are by reputation "shoots as good as they look" company right? That is a major reason I bought this SP10. That and I love their execution of the ambi-lower. (see I am saying good things about Seekins as I see them)

No, I did not buy it because of the case.
But yes, IF everyone else (as it seems) that bought a 2023 SP10 and got a better looking, more functional, more valuable case, THEN of course why should I not have the same? That would seem fair to me.

ITS JUST A BOX/ CASE:
There is a whole thread where people are talking about getting "open box" Vortex scopes. I have not seen anyone belittling their concerns and saying "it's just a box, just shut up and shoot with it"

I had a tool and published the facts as I found them. The borescope pics not to "embarass" or tear down Seekins. I had an experience and my opinions are my own. The fact that people here are wanting me to be silenced is really disconcerting in light of how we as gun owners should be for freedom and liberty and all other constitutional rights.

All that being said- I have been listening to those that have been helpful. Here are pics of the cleaned bore of the Seekins SP10 and more closeups of the gas port. Enjoy: (I might brush and clean it out one more time)

It is interesting that some parts of the bore are more silver and some are more brownish or bluish. Why is that?

chamb2.jpg

brown tint rifling.jpg

blue tint rifling.jpg

chamber.jpg

landsgrovs.jpg

gas1.jpg

gas2.jpg

gas3.jpg

silver rifling.jpg

That’s not clean IMHO. Carbon and copper still present. Iosso!
Yes, agreed. What do you suggest I use? I only used CLP. I do have some Hoppes regular and copper remover.
But as this is supposed to be a factory new barrel, I don't want to "over-clean" it. The manual says nothing about break-in process and I have heard some debate on that.
Most say just shoot it a few hundred rounds, then clean it gently. Then shoot some more...

Iosso. Ha! I just saw Frank Greens post on abrasive after I posted. Proceed with caution if you go that route. I’ve never had an issue using it, nor the folks in my circle, though. But then I’m not a premium barrel maker either.

Last edited:
Wait! What?! They’ll send you a new barrel if you shoot it out?
Yes a believe it falls under thier forever warranty, you'll have to send it in for inspection and if they can't make it shoot under MOA they'll swap the barrel out. I don't believe there was any fine print stating that if it's due to the barrel being shot out it wasn't covered. I could text Matty for clarification?

Reactions: rlh_20
Hi Doc- I hear you and get what you are saying. And I agree with some of your points. It is a tool. By reputation, it's going to be amazing. I'll be finding out soon.

As I said, this is "in progress". I am laying out my experience. Yes, I am going to shoot it, that's what I bought it for.

All the other stuff matters. Otherwise why does Seekins bother to have a nice looking website/brochures? Why does Seekins bother to have such eye pleasing designs? Why offer 5 of 6 different colors? Their stuff is Well-Made AND Good Looking. They are by reputation "shoots as good as they look" company right? That is a major reason I bought this SP10. That and I love their execution of the ambi-lower. (see I am saying good things about Seekins as I see them)

No, I did not buy it because of the case.
But yes, IF everyone else (as it seems) that bought a 2023 SP10 and got a better looking, more functional, more valuable case, THEN of course why should I not have the same? That would seem fair to me.

ITS JUST A BOX/ CASE:
There is a whole thread where people are talking about getting "open box" Vortex scopes. I have not seen anyone belittling their concerns and saying "it's just a box, just shut up and shoot with it"

I had a tool and published the facts as I found them. The borescope pics not to "embarass" or tear down Seekins. I had an experience and my opinions are my own. The fact that people here are wanting me to be silenced is really disconcerting in light of how we as gun owners should be for freedom and liberty and all other constitutional rights.

All that being said- I have been listening to those that have been helpful. Here are pics of the cleaned bore of the Seekins SP10 and more closeups of the gas port. Enjoy: (I might brush and clean it out one more time)

It is interesting that some parts of the bore are more silver and some are more brownish or bluish. Why is that?

View attachment 8272498

View attachment 8272497

View attachment 8272496

View attachment 8272495

View attachment 8272494

View attachment 8272491
View attachment 8272492
View attachment 8272493

View attachment 8272490

The discoloration that you're seeing is due to the Heat from test firing the barrel.

Before you start barrel break in remove all excess cleaning solution or oil that's inside your Barrel looks like there's still a pretty thick film, then proceed with barrel break in as follows. Also make sure you're using a bore guide a coated 6mm cleaning rod and a quality and proper sized Bronze Brush. You also want to run the BCG pretty wet.

While conducting barrel break-in you should be dialing in your adjustable gas block.

I recommend using Hoppes #9 Black

Shoot (1) then clean (5) passes
Shoot (3) Clean
Shoot (5) Clean
Shoot (10) Clean
shoot (20) Clean

At this point your barrel is good to go, I wouldn't clean again until after the next 100 rounds.

Make sure to completely remove/patch out any excess cleaning solvent in the bore and chamber in between cleanings.

Last edited:
How can you review a gun without reviewing its shooting performance?

A gun is a tool. I don't evaluate hammers by how they "look" or appear.

I judge them by how they put nails in wood.

Guns should be judged by how they put holes in targets.

I've got a lot of "cheap shit" Some of them are very good at putting holes in targets. IDGAF how they look inside. They chamber, they run, they hit. Maybe I got lucky. Never had a target complain "FUCK I JUST GOT NAILED BY A DPMS IN THE X RING"

That's the judge of a rifle.

Same goes for expensive shit. Never borescoped the AI. It puts holes in targets. VERY consistently. Also BigJake has posted a thorough pull apart of the seekins, it shortcomings, its improvements etc. You'd know that if you read this section consistently.

So you also need to probably post less, and listen more.

Pointing out that you should shoot the rifle before you complain is knowing WTF the tool is for. If that's being a Chad Fanboi?

-Chad is Out
When you buy a new vehicle you probably pop the hood and take a look at the engine. If the engine in your expensive new vehicle looked like shit, much like the barrel on that new Seekins, you would probably have some concerns as well. Seekins is supposed to be a top tier brand. That means top tier components, fit and finish, not just how small a group it shoots. You pay good money, you should expect good quality. Ive seen it said on here many times, you get what you pay for. He paid Seekins money for something that BCA would sell

Reactions: StaveyIL
When you buy a new vehicle you probably pop the hood and take a look at the engine. If the engine in your expensive new vehicle looked like shit, much like the barrel on that new Seekins, you would probably have some concerns as well. Seekins is supposed to be a top tier brand. That means top tier components, fit and finish, not just how small a group it shoots. You pay good money, you should expect good quality. Ive seen it said on here many times, you get what you pay for. He paid Seekins money for something that BCA would sell
Nice straw man.

Its more like complaining the vehicle didn't have 0 miles on it. All (or most) guns are fired at the factory.

The FIRST thing you do when you buy a gun is clean it.

And you used the magic words "FIT AND FINISH"

Define "fit" and "finish"

It means jack shit other than "it looks nice" When was the last time you got your feeler gauges and torque wrenches out or do you just drool over you shit with a giant woody over how it looks.

LOOK AT THE FINISH ON MY BARREL!!! ITS STAINLESS STEEL!!!! OMG GOD!!! JIZZZ!!!!!

Plus you got bent outta shape that we are "defending" seekins. No, we got a bunch of blowhards (THATS YOU) who think they know shit just blustering around like retards who don't actually fucking shoot. Pull the barrel outta your ass and go shoot it. Or your pull your head outta your ass so you can see what you are shooting. Whatever works for you. Op complaint was the barrel was dirty, the case was cheap, and he didn't get an allen wrench. WHAT A FUCKING TRAVESTY.

Usually I get a damn cardboard box and a fired gun.

Some guy comes in here asking if BigJake actually owns a Seekins and you got the balls to say we're a bunch of chads and its all about fit and finish and high dollar brands and we'd piss all over cheap shit THEN say you get what you pay for?

Go fuck yourself dude. Conflate over at arfcom or walk into traffic, but go elsewhere. At least the OP took the advice and started listening. What's your major malfunction.

Reactions: Evil_Ed and nn8734

I have a feeling the vendor who he bought this from screwed him over. The rifle was probably scheduled as a return but instead sold at a discount.

Nice straw man.

Its more like complaining the vehicle didn't have 0 miles on it. All (or most) guns are fired at the factory.

The FIRST thing you do when you buy a gun is clean it.

And you used the magic words "FIT AND FINISH"

Define "fit" and "finish"

It means jack shit other than "it looks nice" When was the last time you got your feeler gauges and torque wrenches out or do you just drool over you shit with a giant woody over how it looks.

LOOK AT THE FINISH ON MY BARREL!!! ITS STAINLESS STEEL!!!! OMG GOD!!! JIZZZ!!!!!

Plus you got bent outta shape that we are "defending" seekins. No, we got a bunch of blowhards (THATS YOU) who think they know shit just blustering around like retards who don't actually fucking shoot. Pull the barrel outta your ass and go shoot it. Or your pull your head outta your ass so you can see what you are shooting. Whatever works for you. Op complaint was the barrel was dirty, the case was cheap, and he didn't get an allen wrench. WHAT A FUCKING TRAVESTY.

Usually I get a damn cardboard box and a fired gun.

Some guy comes in here asking if BigJake actually owns a Seekins and you got the balls to say we're a bunch of chads and its all about fit and finish and high dollar brands and we'd piss all over cheap shit THEN say you get what you pay for?

Go fuck yourself dude. Conflate over at arfcom or walk into traffic, but go elsewhere. At least the OP took the advice and started listening. What's your major malfunction.

Hey brother,

I appreciate your support and enthusiasm and I think by now the OP understands the error of his ways, its obvious he's a little green.

And to be completely honest if I were to have received that same SP10 I wouldn't have gone on here to complain about it but I would have immediately requested a refund from that vendor and if he didn't fall through then I would put them on blast.

How about we just let this thread die in peace and move on 😁

Hey brother,

I appreciate your support and enthusiasm and I think by now the OP understands the error of his ways, its obvious he's a little green.

And to be completely honest if I were to have received that same SP10 I wouldn't have gone on here to complain about it but I would have immediately requested a refund from that vendor and if he didn't fall through then I would put them on blast.

How about we just let this thread die in peace and move on 😁
Not complaining - just trying to learn and discuss. I have learned a few things and read BigJake's review as well so know more of what to look for.

I have been surprised at how passionate and expressive some people have gotten over this. But it is understandable.

The Seekins SP10 rifle itself seems good so far. The dealer I got it from still has not replied. Seekins still has not replied.

I can't wait to shoot it and I will report further.

I was gonna tag the seekins rep to see if they could help you out but it seems he has not been on in about a year.

oh well..I was trying to make a peace offering.

Not being sarcastic, but if that’s the position you want to take then fine.

A little advice, you’re on a forum with some of the best shooters in the country if not the world. Big Jake is a huge contributor to this forum especially the gasser section. His knowledge is invaluable. Stop being combative and heed people’s advice.

6.5 creed 140 eldm 41.3 r16 Peterson brass mag length. It is easily .5” and I’m not the great shooter.

These groups were shot standing behind a bench back to back in a rush.
View attachment 8272056
Sweet 3 shot "groups". Got any actual groups to show? :)

As for the op not bowing down to some forum jackass.. well, i think ole jake will survive without the unquestioned reverence of one guy online