• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschütz 54.18 MSR

Needs pics of groups or targets... Jus' sayin'.
:rolleyes:
Only pic of a target I have saved at the moment, and it’s only 100m
It’s the sight-in target.

Attachments

• B104E316-7A10-4D76-90E0-5BD5E0C4B8F6.jpeg
    B104E316-7A10-4D76-90E0-5BD5E0C4B8F6.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 45
My latest gadget off the 3D printer: I was working with my bolt out of the gun, and it decocked. It’s very easy to decock, but not quite as easy to recock so you can get it back in the gun. I’d previously created a 3D-printed tool to make that easy for the Vudoo bolt, so I decided to make a similar simple tool for the Anschutz 54 bolt.

Bolt Cocking_Decocking Tool.jpg

First off let me say Mike aka Panther is an awesome guy. Very diligent to make a quality product and make it to fit a particular need. Quick backstory, Mike sent me three of the original mag extenders he was working on. Original batch were just very slightly too wide and could have been a shade longer for the magwell ofy MSR. He was very responsive in making it right and had three new slimline extenders that were 3/16" longer. These are perfect for my needs. Very easy to grip to remove. Fit and finish are perfect. Pics say it all. Deal with confidence.
20220309_200017.jpg
20220309_200007.jpg

I've got an Anschutz 1710HB competition chassis gun. This is my first Anschutz, and I've been very pleased with the gun and how well it's made with ONE EXCEPTION... and that's the magazine release. Everything else is nice and heavy and solid, but that 3-sided hollow metal magazine release just didn't seem "right". I understand that maybe it's great if you're an Olympic athlete shooting in snow while on the move with gloved hands, but for how I shoot, not so much. I looked at non-chassis Anschutz rifles, and many are set up the same way.
MagRelease.jpg

It's not a big deal, but just a minor annoyance. What I decided to do was design something that would nicely fill that hollow and smooth out those two flat edges where my fingers go during a magazine change.

This is my 3D model:
MagRelFiller.jpg

The half-circle hole fits where the hole is in the stamped metal magazine release, but being a half-hole, allows you to put a small screwdriver or allen wrench or similar in there and push the insert back out if you ever want to remove it or slightly change its positioning.

Here it is in my 1710HB XLR -- it looks nicer in person than it does in this photo:
AnschMagRelFiller.jpg

Again, a small thing, but I like it. I made it in a matte black, but it could be made in just about any color. In case anyone here might like something similar, let me know and I'll add it to my page of other Anschutz items HERE.