• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschultz MPR 64

Bubb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2007
Pa, York co. Dover
Just got my dip 25 moa base and starting ammo testing. This is my first upper end
.22. I'm using it as a trainer out to 300 yards. But was wondering if anyone with this
Model could shine some light on the ejection troubles of these 64's. Even if you pull
The bolt back with some speed it just gets the case out..barley! If your shooting slow
And just life bolt and cycle the case will not eject. Finding I have to listen for case to
Hit floor or reach in to feel for spent case. It there a way or up grade to make them
Eject stronger? And yes they are all that,

Re: Anschultz MPR 64

Do a search on Hellbender as a username. Brad did a write up on his MPR and this was discussed. I also have an MPR and love it, but ejection can be an issue on some rifles.

Do a search on Hellbender as a username. Brad did a write up on his MPR and this was discussed. I also have an MPR and love it, but ejection can be an issue on some rifles.

mine never ejected...I learned how and where to work the bolt, not hard but firm and now ejects 90-95 out of 100. you just need to play with it for a couple hundred rounds....mine was driving me nuts the first 500'rounds.

The left "extractor" needs some material removed off of the rear tab face. This will allow a little more room for the casing to tilt before ejection. This will improve the ejection but still isn't 100%.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1102676

Thanks for the reference on how to find this info.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1102676

Thanks for the reference on how to find this info.
smile.gif
</div></div>

This is exactly what you need to do.....I have a 64 action that had the same problem. I actually had to remove about twice as much as mention in this thread, but it's pretty dang good now.

You gotta love the hide!!! I started at .190 finished at .182 and it improved 80% need to do a little more. Just shot some CCI quite. Fun stuff for plinking, takes about 5 mils for 75 yards..
wink.gif
hoping to get out to 300 this after noon with the standard velocity.