• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 1710 Comp XLR a viable alternative?

Throwing my 2 cents in on this……..
I’ve competed with several Anschutz models (54 and 64 repeating actions). I too believe Anschutz could make the best NRL/PRS rifle if they wanted to. They are incredible to shoot.

However, as much as I loved my Annies, at times the infamous Extraction/Ejection issues would show up at the absolute wrong time. Google and you will see what I’m talking about.

My buddy owns the comp XLR rifle being considered. The Extraction/Ejection has plagued him for a long time and in my opinion, the frustration prompted him to lose interest in the NRL game. This was after putting in extreme efforts to fix the issue……including ANA help.

Again, I’m a BIG Annie fan, and I have won several times with an Annie. However, my personal experience has taught me that if you are considering a purchase of an Annie for Comps that specifically requires a reliable repeater, you need to consider the risk.

Now all this being said, I have also been out of the Annie loop for a while, so there is a chance that Anschutz has addressed the issue.
Same. I had 2 1710 and 1712. 4/5 shots the case was laying in the action requiring the gun to be turned to it's side to get it out. I spoke with ANA and they said since it was older.than 5 yrs old.it was out of.warranty. This rifle.was.fired a few hundred times and was absolutely pristine...they wanted$150+ shipping to potentially fix.it.but couldn't guarantee it.

Same. I had 2 1710 and 1712. 4/5 shots the case was laying in the action requiring the gun to be turned to it's side to get it out. I spoke with ANA and they said since it was older.than 5 yrs old.it was out of.warranty. This rifle.was.fired a few hundred times and was absolutely pristine...they wanted$150+ shipping to potentially fix.it.but couldn't guarantee it.

Remember who you spoke to? Because we’ve never charged anywhere near that much to fix an out of warranty rifle having ejection problems.

image.jpg
Well dip took a month and a half and still no 25moa scope rail so I cancelled that order and had Murphy precision send me a 30moa one in under a week.
Seems to prefer eley club to lapua so far at 100 yards. I’ll actually lot test it once I get a few rounds through it.
It’s butt heavy and balances right for offhand but it’s a bit awkward balanced on a tatertot, it’ll rock right back off the bag unattended. Maybe once the dead air mask gets released from jail it’ll even out a smidge. If not I can always load it up with mlock weights for prs stuff.

Last edited: