• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 54.18/ 1727 AI AT-X

We’re on schedule to start delivering right around Christmas time.

To answer some questions we’ve gotten today.

-Yes we will sell the chassis as a stand-alone, no I don’t have a final cost.
-1727 Fortner barreled actions w/ 23.5” .900 barrel threaded 1/2x28 are coming for these
-54.18s will be available in 20” and 25.9” barrels
-If you want one, best to call and get a back order put in the system. I don’t believe we will take pre order money so we don’t tie your money up
-We will have some of the add ons, folding hinges/weights/ scope bases made specifically for both actions
-Yes they shoot well
-If you have a Fortner, it will require a slight easy modification to the bolt cap, if you don’t want to do this to yours we have extras and will do it for you
-20” is about as short as you want to go, your 18” Fortner will work the muzzle will be flush with the forearm

Attachments

• IMG_6732.jpeg
    IMG_6732.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_6555.jpeg
    IMG_6555.jpeg
    624 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_5685.jpeg
    IMG_5685.jpeg
    919.3 KB · Views: 545

-1727 Fortner barreled actions w/ 23.5” .900 barrel threaded 1/2x28 are coming for these
-If you want one, best to call and get a back order put in the system. I don’t believe we will take pre order money so we don’t tie your money up
-We will have some of the add ons, folding hinges/weights/ scope bases made specifically for both actions
-Yes they shoot well
-If you have a Fortner, it will require a slight easy modification to the bolt cap, if you don’t want to do this to yours we have extras and will do it for you
-20” is about as short as you want to go, your 18” Fortner will work the muzzle will be flush with the forearm

The first photo shows a Fortner with an unthreaded barrel, and looks maybe a little thicker, is that an option?

-Yes they shoot well

54.18 having a blued barrels and 1710 APR stainless what is the story behind that.
54.18 are these made in Anschutz Germany or moded up at Anschutz USA as model is not in any German catalog or website
Any reason for the tiny 1/2 28 thread on the muzzle ,surely barrel opened up on such an agressive cut

My factory Anschutz threaded barrels are backbored to just behind the threaded portion.
Ok that makes sense as there is really no way for the bore not to open up with such a deep cut

54.18 having a blued barrels and 1710 APR stainless what is the story behind that.
54.18 are these made in Anschutz Germany or moded up at Anschutz USA as model is not in any German catalog or website
Any reason for the tiny 1/2 28 thread on the muzzle ,surely barrel opened up on such an agressive cut
1710 APR having stainless and the 54.18 being blued. When we finally convinced Germany to do the 54.18s again was mid Covid. The lead time for stainless material they were given was astronomical. The 500 we order and got were “a one time run” according to them

The 54.18s are all done in Germany. Of course we can add anything you want by way of custom barrels here.

ANA is the only place right now with the 54.18. That may change shortly as Germany is considering adding it to their line up

1/2x28 is what almost every common 22 cal muzzle device is. The threads are back bored so the muzzle doesn’t open up at all.

1710 APR having stainless and the 54.18 being blued. When we finally convinced Germany to do the 54.18s again was mid Covid. The lead time for stainless material they were given was astronomical. The 500 we order and got were “a one time run” according to them

The 54.18s are all done in Germany. Of course we can add anything you want by way of custom barrels here.

ANA is the only place right now with the 54.18. That may change shortly as Germany is considering adding it to their line up

1/2x28 is what almost every common 22 cal muzzle device is. The threads are back bored so the muzzle doesn’t open up at all.
That is kinda what i imagined as Stainless barrels is not Anschutz's first option since ever , they always offered an option but was rare even in Europe. Its just something outside of their comfort zone.

Last edited:

Couple questions for you, have you found that the carbon build up in the muzzle on a back bored barrel causes any issues after a certain number of rounds, if at all?

Also do you know if a 1927f barreled action will fit the chassis with the longer mag housing?

Couple questions for you, have you found that the carbon build up in the muzzle on a back bored barrel causes any issues after a certain number of rounds, if at all?

Also do you know if a 1927f barreled action will fit the chassis with the longer mag housing?

Carbon build up isn’t terrible. A q tip and carbon cleaner gets it out pretty easy.

The 1927 will fit, with the regular mag well but not the extended one that comes on the CISM

@deadly0311 do you know if the complete rifles or even just the AT-X chassis will be allowed to be exported?

Or is it something ANA isn't allowed to do? (Either restricted by AI or Anschutz)

@deadly0311 do you know if the complete rifles or even just the AT-X chassis will be allowed to be exported?

Or is it something ANA isn't allowed to do? (Either restricted by AI or Anschutz)
I know we cannot export. I’ll say this, Germany is about 6-8 months behind trends that we do over here. It would not surprise me at all if they get with AI UK and start offering at least the 1727 in Europe. We are restricted by the US ITAR.

The best route I can suggest is to email the factory in Germany and tell them that you guys want this offering.

Reactions: beetroot

I would imagine Anschutz would present the new models on IWA in March

I would imagine Anschutz would present the new models on IWA in March
I wouldn't hold my breath on that, it seems like most trends in the US are 5 years ahead of the rest of the world.

But as above I'll try contacting Germany and see what they day.

I am on the list for one of the Chassis and my 1727F is with Austin to get a fresh Bartlein.

They are still on track. There’s 83 of the Fortner barreled actions coming for these chassis systems. Hoping end of December/ first of January for that container and AFAIK AI is still on track for a deliver very soon.
What barrel on these ?

What are the pros and cons between the 1727F and 54.18? I've never had an Anschutz so don't even know where to begin.

How are the magazine changes? I've looked at the ANA chassis and action photos and see a bit of beveling on the chassis. I just usually fumble around doing mag changes on a CZ457 VPT, and wondered if this was easier.

Thanks.

What are the pros and cons between the 1727F and 54.18? I've never had an Anschutz so don't even know where to begin.

How are the magazine changes? I've looked at the ANA chassis and action photos and see a bit of beveling on the chassis. I just usually fumble around doing mag changes on a CZ457 VPT, and wondered if this was easier.

Thanks.
1727F is a straight pull can be operated faster ,but in practice i often see them not in battery are there is no leverage in way of a closing cam
Its meant to be worked fast and hard ,it gets in trouble when not worked right.

Would go for a 54.18 any time over 1727 and it also good deal cheaper .

Anschutz mags are like CZ you will fumble till you get a hang of it.

1727F is a straight pull can be operated faster ,but in practice i often see them not in battery are there is no leverage in way of a closing cam

I have both (actually 2 54:18s and one 1727f) and the one that is going into the AI chassis ( at least this one) is the 1727F. They each come standard with similar but different triggers. The 54:18 uses the 5018 trigger while 1727 used the 5020 which is a slightly heavier pull. I find are just as positive in the locking, the 1727F is just faster. The 54:18 is a more traditional action.
The magazines release the same between them. My 1727f has the long release lever and I will have to explore using the 5 and 10 round magazines.
I am having a 24+inch long 1” straight diameter Bartlein cut rifleing barrel fitted, I have a JoyPod front rest and a brand new ZCO 527 scope ready for when I get the barreled action and AI chassis in hand😁🤔.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m

have you see or operated the 1727? i have had one as a hunting rifle and they are one of the most accurate reliable actions and faster than a standard bolt action. Am not a biathlon shooter but run the 1727 faster than any other bolt out there. I put in my order for both with ansschutzs but looking forward to the 1727 the most.

I have shot 1727 and 1827 and made stocks for them, they are indeed very fast and accurate, but as a host of precision rimfire competitions, i see shooters hung up on closing the action fully on occasion. Shooter's fault but it happens. I just do not see much advantage in PRS/NRL with these over 54.18, definitely not enough to justify the cost

have you see or operated the 1727? i have had one as a hunting rifle and they are one of the most accurate reliable actions and faster than a standard bolt action. Am not a biathlon shooter but run the 1727 faster than any other bolt out there. I put in my order for both with ansschutzs but looking forward to the 1727 the most.
I am a total AI fanboy, but this chassis prevents you from working the bolt normally. As in opening with your trigger finger and closing with your thumb.

At least that is the way it looks to me from the cheap seats.

My 1727 lives in a GRS stock. I had to do some stock work to get it more comfortable to close. Now it is wicked fast to open and close.

Reactions: st1650
View attachment 8306130

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Should be very close. If you’ve got a 1727 order in with us, there are 83 on the container slated for last week of January delivery. Chassis should show up in the next week or two. 54.18s are sitting on the shelf.
I don’t see a Magazine cutout in that stock. Was it just a prototype or do you do the final machine work in-house? Second is that the olive green color?

I am a total AI fanboy, but this chassis prevents you from working the bolt normally. As in opening with your trigger finger and closing with your thumb.

At least that is the way it looks to me from the cheap seats.

My 1727 lives in a GRS stock. I had to do some stock work to get it more comfortable to close. Now it is wicked fast to open and close.
Correct. If you’ve run a Fortner like normal it will be a new motion as you can’t get on the bolt cap like the grs stock or biathlon stock.

Correct. If you’ve run a Fortner like normal it will be a new motion as you can’t get on the bolt cap like the grs stock or biathlon stock.
For me that’s fine as my thumb never worked well on that. I always use two fingers on the lever both directions.

I’m planing on sage green in the 54.18 Match AI AT-X, I left all the contact info on the website where they ask you to fill out so hopefully we will have one on order soon as well.

deadly0311
is the top piece on the forearm of the chassis as well as the full length picatinny rail standard on the 54.18 Match AI AT-X or is that a option that needs to be ordered? I noticed the rifle with and without it when looking at the specs on the website. Thought maybe you would know. Thanks

oneshot.onehit
JH

I’m planing on sage green in the 54.18 Match AI AT-X, I left all the contact info on the website where they ask you to fill out so hopefully we will have one on order soon as well.

deadly0311
is the top piece on the forearm of the chassis as well as the full length picatinny rail standard on the 54.18 Match AI AT-X or is that a option that needs to be ordered? I noticed the rifle with and without it when looking at the specs on the website. Thought maybe you would know. Thanks

oneshot.onehit
JH

I’m certain someone will get back to you this week. We’ve been doing inventory for the last week.

As for how it comes, the base gun will be the chassis, scope rail, and barreled action. The bridge and forend rail are extras and we have them if you want to add it to the rifle.

Reactions: oneshot.onehit
I’m certain someone will get back to you this week. We’ve been doing inventory for the last week.

As for how it comes, the base gun will be the chassis, scope rail, and barreled action. The bridge and forend rail are extras and we have them if you want to add it to the rifle.
That’s what I was told as well. Really looking forward to getting mine😇.

@deadly0311 any reason you didn't get this chassis made for the 1761?

Or is it that the 54.18 and 1727 are same foot print?

Because we and AI had no interest in doing the 1761
Interesting.
It seems like Anshutz is making a big push for the 1761 to be the go to action for this type of shooting.
I've been considering the 1761 as a base for a new rifle as now that 10 orund mags and different trigger options are available I was expecting the after market for it would start taking off.

Is it just a Anschutz NA thing, or do you not see much of a (near/mid term) future for the 1761 action in NRL/PRS/field shooting?

Interesting.
It seems like Anshutz is making a big push for the 1761 to be the go to action for this type of shooting.
I've been considering the 1761 as a base for a new rifle as now that 10 orund mags and different trigger options are available I was expecting the after market for it would start taking off.

Is it just a Anschutz NA thing, or do you not see much of a (near/mid term) future for the 1761 action in NRL/PRS/field shooting?

The AI chassis for the present time is a ANA thing. I think Germany will come on board but at sometime in the future. All the rifles we’ve spec’d have ultimately been picked up by Germany with great success in EU. 1761 APR/1710APR/ 1727 M have all been cataloged by Germany.

The 1761 has a huge push behind it from the factory. It’s a good rifle, but not as refined as the 54 and Fortner action. It’s also meant to fill the 64 action void as that entry level (to Anschutz) products. We have had for quite sometime MDT chassis for the 1761 but have held off on advertising it due to the 10rd mags not being available. I’ve heard “they’re in the container” for the last 3 shipments if that tells you my hopefulness about them actually making it to the US.

The 1761 is a good rifle with a ton of user configurable options at home.

The AI chassis for the present time is a ANA thing. I think Germany will come on board but at sometime in the future. All the rifles we’ve spec’d have ultimately been picked up by Germany with great success in EU. 1761 APR/1710APR/ 1727 M have all been cataloged by Germany.

The 1761 has a huge push behind it from the factory. It’s a good rifle, but not as refined as the 54 and Fortner action. It’s also meant to fill the 64 action void as that entry level (to Anschutz) products. We have had for quite sometime MDT chassis for the 1761 but have held off on advertising it due to the 10rd mags not being available. I’ve heard “they’re in the container” for the last 3 shipments if that tells you my hopefulness about them actually making it to the US.

The 1761 is a good rifle with a ton of user configurable options at home.
A friend has an order of a few 1761 replacement barrels an 10 round mags from Germany. Apparently not far away.

Will be interesting to see if the mags turn up.

Reactions: deadly0311
That’s what I was told as well. Really looking forward to getting mine😇.

Did you by chance get a call or email back after filling out the Rep contact form?

Nothing here yet. Probably just busy yet and the show coming up.
osoh
JH

My action is at ANA and at last note they are getting close as we finalized my wish list. They have already installed a 24.5 inch Bartlein 1.05" straight contour barrel and test fired it. They will be installing the barreled action into the chassis complete with hinge and front railed bridge. No date though

My action is at ANA and at last note they are getting close as we finalized my wish list. They have already installed a 24.5 inch Bartlein 1.05" straight contour barrel and test fired it. They will be installing the barreled action into the chassis complete with hinge and front railed bridge. No date though
I received a email yesterday, things are headed in the right direction. I’ve been shooting the 375s and 416 for so many years I really am looking forward to the 54.18

osoh
JH

Reactions: oldrifleman
That 1727F in the photo is what I've wanted/needed for years and years! I used to win some matches but once the 20 pound Vudoo's came about my poor old 1827F became too light for NRL22 overnight so I decided not to play the game anymore.

Regardless quite tempted to get one. Man these must be $5000 or so, eek.