• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 54 in an AICS chassis

Searcher

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Does anyone have info regarding fitting an Anschutz 54 into an AICS chassis?

Ive done the mighty google search and I have viewed the model 54 in an airsoft aics, but it had no fitment details and airsoft isnt my bag.

Any good leads would be appreciated. Since my 54 hasnt sold, I want to make a rimfire version of my AW and have a nice trainer

Re: Anschutz 54 in an AICS chassis

I've often wondered the same thing...but never found anything.

I remember seeing a post a few months back about a wooden stock AICS look-a-like but can't find it now. But that wasn't available for the Annie action.

yep, that's the one. I didn't like it either
wink.gif

Would be really interested if you find soemone who can do the job with a real one.

Can't find anyone in the UK to take it on.....

I did the 64MPR in the Airsoft stock. I looked into putting it in a actual AICS. You would have to do a lot of work to it to get it to work. That is why i didn't use a ACIS stock. I was able to make a insert for the Airsoft stock to get the 64 action to fit into it.

Drumie, I appreciate the info. My AW is bonded into the AICS stock so I cant take it apart to check what the fitment looks like. I was about to order a short action 2.0 to start working on it, but after your input, I think I will walk away from this project. For a while anyways.

Your AW stock would not have the same footprint as an AICS anyway. So taking the measurment of an AW chassis is worthless if your buying an AICS for a project.

There have been several single shot projects completed on AICS but all have been with 700 style actions. I would assume a 54 action could be made to set in a chassis, as it is a rounded action ala the 700, but that would come at the expense of a lot of machine work.