• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 64 MP R first range test

Aquatic_Robotic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2011
East Texas
Had time to put the gun together quicker than I thought. It all just came together Friday afternoon. By the time I got the componeents put together I only had about 45 mintues to get out to the range fire a few and get back. I was only able to pick up CCI "Target" & CCI "Green Label Comp".

Both rounds fired very well from gun for the first outing. It took me 4 rounds to get it sighted in at 50 yd, so I shot 5 rounds of each and moved out to 100 yds. Other than the 3 shoots it took me to get on target at 100 yds, these are the only the 10 rounds I had time to fire at 100yds.

Wind was gusting 7-15 mph from 8 o'clock to 2 o'clock. I just took my time and fired as the wind laid down between gusts.

THIS GUN WILL SHOOT!! Best shooting 22 lr I've owned in a long time and I really enjoyed the few minutes I had to play with it.

Here are a few pictures of the rig and a few of the 100 yd targets. The CCI "target" rounds actually did slightly better than the CCI green label "comp" rounds.

I am looking forwawrd to getting some different ammo and seeing just how well I can do with it.

OK, got the pictures up now.

Re: Anschutz 64 MP R first range test

Got them to work FINALLY.

Anschutz 64 MP R Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50

P5070013.jpg

P5070011.jpg

P5070008.jpg

first two targets 100 yd CCI green label "comp"
P5070004.jpg

P5070005.jpg

last two targets 100 yd CCI "target"
P5070002.jpg

P5070003.jpg

Nice, just decided that this was going to be my 22lr a couple weeks ago. Ever since I noticed it on the Eurooptics website.

good start,thx for posting your pic's

Nice. I always wondered why some manufacturers put very long barrels on their .22lr models. CZ has .22s with 24" barrels and Anschutz MPR has 25.5" barrel. Wonder...since all the powder burns by 16-17" of barrel travel with a bullet reaching its maximum velocity there, what is the concept of 24"+ barrels? Just curious.

I have a 64MPR in 17HMR with a stainless barrel. I love it. I wish the comb was a hair taller, though.

I felt the same way so I added a strap on cheek piece to the stock. It made the fit so much better and I get a very good cheek weld now.

Try one out I think you will like what they do for the fit of the gun.

P5070013.jpg

Very nice rifle;-) How does it shoots at 50 yards? For me (as for European) it would be more predicative:)

I am seeking accurate repeating 22 rifle for rimfire tactical match. This rifle is in my "list" (the second one is CZ 455 Varmint). Problem is, that here in the Czech republic is nobody who owns this rifle so I dont know how accurate this rifle is.

I have got Suhl 150 Standard which I use for these matches. Suhl is very accurate rifle (It makes 11 mm spreads at 50 meters (5 rounds) but it is single shot rifle.

awesome set up. There is a lot of the match 22 ammo out there. You might try wolf target match. Alot of people(me included) feel its the best 22 ammo for the money. Aweseome gun and scope. What type reticle is it.

Wolf Match Target is shooting very well for me right now, but still trying a few more. WMT for the money has proven the most accurate thus far.

Shot some Eley Sport and it does real good at 50 and 100, but past that not too good. Also shot some Eley Black Box. It shot great, but not three times as good as the WMT.

Wolf Match Target, Wolf Match Extra, and CCI standard Vel "Target" work best in that order.

The scope has a mil dot reticle in it. Took if off a AR I hadn't shot in two years.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I like the setup and it does shoot.

First run at this target "prone" and the gun did what I asked of it. I had a lot of great help from guys here to get this far along. I had one bad wind read, or I would have cleaned this target.

P6110098.jpg

25 shots 100Y TQ-4P - one shot out of the 10 ring

Good Shooting

You are doing some excellent shooting. I seen where you destroyed that 50 target on the June month.
Yea there are better ammos than wolf but for the performance is it really worth 2-3x as much per round.
I dunno if you have how far you have tried going with it. But you are doing really well at 100. Try some steel and paper out past that. I bet with your setup you could do some real damage at long range if you can read the wind. Keep us updated. I would really like to see more results.

my 1416HB is not picky on ammo, the further grouping range that i shot was at 50m, but so far very promising all touching...i need to get few more annie rifle,, was thinking about a sako quad but if a nice 54 action repeater show up before then .sako got no chance
smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">I recently picked up a Low round count Annie 64 Match, got the trigger adjusted down to 8oz - for some cheaper trigger time than the F-Class stuff. Got a chance to get a few test rounds through it last week. 50yards, light wind 3-6 mph right to left, off of a bench and bags. The guy shooting the 300WM next to me was shaking the bench pretty hard. My first Annie, they are really sweet rifles.
It really liked the Wolf Match Target and Match extra.</span>
Annie64Matchtargettest.jpg

Annie1accuracy1.jpg

Annie64Match2.jpg

Annie64Match4.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HEARNOEVIL308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey man great looking rifle! Try some federal 922a ammo and see how well it works at 50 and 100 yds. </div></div>

Might not be great at 50 and 100 but it is hell at 210yds, we have proved it plenty at TSC, hain't we Reddog?

Nice one AR, I am right behind you on my Annie. Should have it all together in a couple weeks.

Wait a second....did you say 922A? Don't listen to that boy AR he is touched in the head. 922A is hard to find....way to hard to find and too expensive. I wouldn't bother with that stuff
whistle.gif

My guess about the long barrel is sight radius. with iron sights length is an advantage.
I have very similar rifle but it's marked mod 64, the thought of a 16" tube on it has already pushed me to talk to my freind who has a lathe, no action yet on that front.

latis - how do you get a good cheek weld with that scope up that high?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CMH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">latis - how do you get a good cheek weld with that scope up that high? </div></div>
Yes it is high - Too high!
It is my F/TR scope and did want to take it out of its ring set and am only using until I get a set of decent iron sights. This will be my irons small bore training rifle.

Since it is difficult to maintain a good cheek weld with that scope height, I decided to shelve the BK risers and make some 0.010" shims for my weaver mounts and got it much lower.
Dsc03899.jpg

Dsc03900.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bell now has .030" clearance </span>