• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anti cant level

SOTA

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Colorado
I want to get a anti cant level since I live in Colorado and there isn't always level ground here. I don't want something that will break the bank and is light weight and most importantly it has to work

The BEST one out there is the Flatline Ops.

Flatline Ops | Precision Firearm Hardware

flatline001.jpg

I like how they spelled "assult cache" in there ad. I hope they QC their products better than their ads.

that level is sick but it is also $250 bucks as pictured I might as well switch my badgers out and get a set of spuhrs for that kind of money

There are a number of good levels out there. I recommend a scope-mounted level because some of the rail-mounted levels are, well, not level!

I like the Accuracy 1st DG level, but it's made currently only for righthanded shooters and I'm a leftie. I had to return the two levels I bought, but I'm hoping they will come up with one for us lefthanded shooters. I like it because the white ceramic ball seemed easier to see than a bubble. It's not top or back lit by sunlight, which makes bubbles easier to see.

I have a couple Flatline OPs levels on order. I bought them based on SH recommendations, but I got the "fixed" and not the "fold-out" model" that is twice the price, which varies according to the scope tube diameter. I found their pricing a little nutty.

The Holland looks good, and the Vortex is low cost and well regarded too. I also have the new Tubb scope level, but I haven't shot with it yet. It's small, lightweight, and unobtrusive, can be mounted high or low, and has a window to let sunlight in to better see the bubble. David has a video about this new level on his website.

If price is a major consideration, then go with the Vortex.

I have 2 flat ops. I think the buble is litle to deam..holand and vortex is much brighter almost flourescent green.specialy on low sun light

I have the USO and I like it but think a scope mounted level would be better. I just looked at the Horus and it looks sweet! Think they are around 130 ish.

Get something offset so you can see it, and scope mounted like a ring so you can calibrate it. The vortex is pretty bulletproof!

I have two Accuracy 1st levels and can say they are top quality and tough as hell. More $ than the vortex but in this case you really get what you pay for.

I have the USO and I like it but think a scope mounted level would be better. I just looked at the Horus and it looks sweet! Think they are around 130 ish.

What makes you think scope mounted is better? I've also got the USO level and I'm quite happy with it. It tucks nicely in and out of the way but its still easily visible. I also just recently purchsed the threaded screw for the other side which makes not losing the cover a much simpler task.

I'm now deciding to go with not mounting my scope level with the gun. I find that I actually like to have the rifle canted as it fits my shoulder better. I hold the rifle so that I'm comfortable and then set the scope using a plumb line. Now I find that I rarely need the bubble level as when the rifle feels comfortable the scope reticle is level. I have left the bubble level in place but I now have a remembered position off of center that I look for if I have any question. Sometimes I have to take a shot from a position that will never be comfortable. During these times having a visual confirmation that I'm canted equally to where my reticle is leveled is a nice welcome addition. I do suppose with a scope mounted level I could set it to show level even when its not but I like the stronger more low profile mount that the USO affords me.

~Brett

I like how they spelled "assult cache" in there ad. I hope they QC their products better than their ads.
I don't have the cosign on mine. It is a great piece of kit. I bought it after a shoot in MO where I canted the rifle rather far because I was rushing and frustrated (screwed up adjusting my optic early on). It is more a reminder than anything. Sniper 30mm | Flatline Ops?

What makes you think scope mounted is better? I've also got the USO level and I'm quite happy with it. It tucks nicely in and out of the way but its still easily visible. I also just recently purchsed the threaded screw for the other side which makes not losing the cover a much simpler task.

I'm now deciding to go with not mounting my scope level with the gun. I find that I actually like to have the rifle canted as it fits my shoulder better. I hold the rifle so that I'm comfortable and then set the scope using a plumb line. Now I find that I rarely need the bubble level as when the rifle feels comfortable the scope reticle is level. I have left the bubble level in place but I now have a remembered position off of center that I look for if I have any question. Sometimes I have to take a shot from a position that will never be comfortable. During these times having a visual confirmation that I'm canted equally to where my reticle is leveled is a nice welcome addition. I do suppose with a scope mounted level I could set it to show level even when its not but I like the stronger more low profile mount that the USO affords me.

~Brett

I think that a scope mounted level will be a little bit more precise once you get it set up. I have seen some rails on the top of the rifle not be perfectly level. On my USO level it can be a struggle to get it tight on the top of the rail without using an Allen key. I think it also depends on which philosophy you subscribe to, one nice optic for a few different rifles or several decent optics one on each rifle. It also depends if you're going to use more than one anti-cant device on each rifle. If you switch your scope between different rifles having it on the rifle makes it just one extra thing that you must move. I also believe that once you get it set up properly on your scope it generally be more accurate. All that being said it really comes down to preference, a level is better than nothing if it happens to be on my rifle perfect if it happens to be on my scope maybe a little more perfect. I am constantly refining my shooting platform and how I like to do things. this may change but right now I am happy to have a level but I might be a little bit happier to have it on my scope as opposed to my rail.