• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anti gun/ anti hunting license in NY

20Incher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Westchester
We'll it's really starting to get crazy here in NY fellow shooters and will follow suite in other states with our dictator.I'm a NRA member but like most that's it it goes no further as phone calls nor demonstrating.Most but not all gun owners hunt and spend astronomical funds to support our states.There is one way I believe to fight our 2nd amendment rape and that is we blog.For the year 2013 say we all stick together and not hunt for one season.Here is a report for NY revenue $18,583,475 for resident/non resident tags permit and stamps for one year.Like to have your input bad or good thank you.

Re: Anti gun/ anti hunting license in NY

Unfortunately the only thing most politicians care about is keeping their jobs. They passed the law because that's what they felt was the best way to keep them. Until people stop voting these idiots into office nothing will change. Even if you could get everyone to do what you're proposing it would make no difference.

We have to start fighting back somehow and every little bit helps.Maybe I should just move?

I'm not a NY resident, but just by way of observation...even assuming you were successful in getting ALL hunters in NY (and all non-resident hunters as well) to boycott the entire season, the $18.5M in revenue is laughable at best (even though it seems like a LOT of money to most). Sure...they'll have to be some reshuffling and it would likely cause some annoyance/inconvenience, but not to the ends you seek. Hell, just by way of example, NYC's annual budget is in excess of $60 billion (those numbers are old and its likely much more now) and more than half of the state's revenue is generated by NYC. $18.5M to the state is loose pocket change in the scheme of things and won't change much (ok...I'm being generous...WON'T CHANGE A THING). If you want to hit someone in the pocket book to get their attention...you are going to have to aim a lot higher than that.

But I agree with your premise that every responsible citizen, gun owner or otherwise, should take a stand again the fundamental infringement of basic rights that is being thrust upon the people of NY (and upon the people of the country as a whole). We are all @#$%ed if we fail to make our voices and positions heard and understood by those who actually have the power in local, state and federal government to continue striking blows against our liberties.

Remember not to write your congress critters. CALL them, and make 3-4 points, with supporting, objective data

Writing is a waste of time. Your letter (or email) just gets categorized and you get a form letter in response.
congressmen count calls much more- they know its harder.

See http://www.congressmerge.com/onlinedb/ for your congressmen's phone number