• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anti-Static Funnel Setup

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
Printing to the rescue! As some of you know, I've been printing optics accessories for a few years now and continually upping designs/material. I found some "Electrostatic-Safe" material used in electronics and....boy does it print good and flow powder awesome, no powder cling at all. I do wish it wasn't black, but that's a byproduct of the anti-static additive. In person seeing powder isn't hard, and right now another color anti-static material isn't an option so this will work. Check out how well it works:

vuBvbb3.jpg

JoUf9FN.jpg

Drop tube and a powder pan for the scale would be awesome as well, something deep enough that powder won't jump out on an auto trickler.

Drop tube and a powder pan for the scale would be awesome as well, something deep enough that powder won't jump out on an auto trickler.

This is something I'd really like as well., especially if it's made of anti-static material. The "stock" pan that comes with the auto-trickler is nothing more than a small plastic cup that drops into a plastic handle. While it's usable, it's not the best. I typically have a kernel or three of powder that clings to the cup. If your cup were the same dimensions, or possibly a little larger in diameter, I'd pick one up!

Seems 2"-4" is most requested after getting a bunch of other folks contacting about one. How about a 2" and a 4" drop tube?

Reactions: trob_205
Well a short road test on my new MK funnel set agrees with Tylers presentation. To quote an old CW McCall song " like gas through a funnel or eggs through a hen" No static cling and the set is very complete, .17-.375 inclusive. Good work Tyler!
Drop tubes in the foreseeable?

Reactions: trob_205
Been working on drop tubes. Believe it or not, they're the biggest bitch so far. Yes, very simple, but printing is not fast...a 2" drop tube is taking almost as long as a funnel to print..and no one wants to spend $20 on a drop tube.

A scale pan has been a real popular request. Along with a lot of Dillon accessories.

Reactions: LG65CM and Brosome
This is what I would like made- (RCBS Powder Funnel Pan) in anti-static. Larry

Attachments

• RCBS Powder Funnel Pan.jpg
    RCBS Powder Funnel Pan.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I could do without the built in funnel personally. A longer handle would be really nice imo. Less chance of fumbling with a small pan.

@Airw4ves, I like the funnel as I can go direct to the cartridge case. But wish the 'thing' was deeper dished. Because when I use ball type powder, like Superformance , it can 'splatter' (for lack of a better word) 'bits' of powder out over the rim when I dump the charge from my dispenser if I am not careful how I hold it up to the dispenser.

If Tyler puts his mind to it, I am sure he will come up with 'just the ticket'. :) lg.

Still would like a drop tube. Things get pretty cramped for us fat fingered folks. What about a hybrid drop, printed ends aluminum , or some existing plastic tube?

I'll whittle away at the drop tubes and optimize them. Sorry for the delay, just got picked up by Brownells, Midway is knocking, and Graf & Sons wants stuff too...along with our smaller dealers and direct to consumer sales. Oh and I've been out of town too much...things are a bit hectic haha.

I've got functional drop tubes currently, but need to cut down the machine time, which I'm confident in.

Sean, did we talk on the phone? If so I'm awaiting your email!

Here's some drop tubes, looking for input. They're 2" and stackable. I'm thinking $7.50 or 2/$10. That's really not making a damn thing, but I realize people want these. This material is pricey and they take about 45 minutes each as you see them. Not willing to sacrifice quality by speeding things up or running fatter layers.

Reactions: winniedonkey
Looks good, stackable is a perfect option. I think you could bump up the price. $10 each or 2 for $15.
That's still a good price and I would buy them.

Looks good from here. Smooth transition from funnel to tube to tube? If so I'm in for three or four. Thanks for your efforts, and thanks for going with stackable.

Looks good from here. Smooth transition from funnel to tube to tube? If so I'm in for three or four. Thanks for your efforts, and thanks for going with stackable.

Yes the bore hole is pretty much constant throughout. Working on getting a bit of an inventory going and refining settings, then will get them listed! Thanks for the support.

Are you selling them yet? I would like to get one or two.

Sean, did we talk on the phone? If so I'm awaiting your email!

Here's some drop tubes, looking for input. They're 2" and stackable. I'm thinking $7.50 or 2/$10. That's really not making a damn thing, but I realize people want these. This material is pricey and they take about 45 minutes each as you see them. Not willing to sacrifice quality by speeding things up or running fatter layers.

Tyler, I’ll get you the measurements this weekend.

Are you selling them yet? I would like to get one or two.

Not.......just yet. Next week! I am completely refining the settings. Fantastic print quality is a must for me, and I don't want to send anything that doesn't meet my standards.

Printing to the rescue! As some of you know, I've been printing optics accessories for a few years now and continually upping designs/material. I found some "Electrostatic-Safe" material used in electronics and....boy does it print good and flow powder awesome, no powder cling at all. I do wish it wasn't black, but that's a byproduct of the anti-static additive. In person seeing powder isn't hard, and right now another color anti-static material isn't an option so this will work. Check out how well it works:

vuBvbb3.jpg

JoUf9FN.jpg

Can you send me one to test :)

If your using an auto drop like the ones on the A&D balances, or other high end balances with wind screens, longer handles, a defuser in the bottom and taller (as mentioned), - all while lighter preferably than the 419 aluminum offerings would be a winner.

Reactions: Airw4ves
If your using an auto drop like the ones on the A&D balances, or other high end balances with wind screens, longer handles, a defuser in the bottom and taller (as mentioned), - all while lighter preferably than the 419 aluminum offerings would be a winner.

Can you...explain in dummy terms? I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for haha

Man that PVA one is FUGLY. Lasered handle? And non counterbored bolts?

We can definitely make something happen, I'm thinking $25?

Reactions: Airw4ves
Can you please do an AICS mag spacer for 6 br sized cases for around $20?

And how about an insertable single shot follower for AICS mags too.

The IG pick with a shit ton of drop tubes with the sexy funnel. I'll take that. And the power cup upgrade for the chargemaster would be sweet.

I have a spacer for the AICS mag designed up and tested...been waiting on custom springs forever. I bet they forgot about us.

Chargemaster powder cup in progress.

Single shot follower....gimme a bit. Too many irons in the fire and printing is just a fraction of business haha