• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anti-Tilt Buffer for Piston Guns??

Vette447

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2009
Oklahoma
Does anyone know what happened to the guys making the anti-tilt buffer that cure the carrier tilt in piston guns?

I have seen pictures and some year old posts on other forums that show the buffers and I would like to get one. I think the guy's name was Seth Harness that made them and he had a website at firearmreadysolutions.com but that website is now gone and I emailed Seth at the address I found listed to which I got no reply.

Does anyone know what happend to him? Is there another similar solution out there? I would really like to install one in my POF P-308 so I don't end up with any carrier tilt damage.

Re: Anti-Tilt Buffer for Piston Guns??

Have you looked at Slash's Heavy Buffers at http://www.heavybuffers.com/? He sells some anti-tilt buffers. I have purchased various buffers from him, and they are well made and beefy

I was not aware of Slash's. They look like they are very good but also pretty expensive. Of course, they may be priced just like the others were, I don't know. Either way, thank you for the info. I will check them out some. Are you running any of his Anti Tilt models?

I have only run normal style heavy buffers. I shoot direct impingement, and have not run into any tilt issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you looked at Slash's Heavy Buffers at http://www.heavybuffers.com/? He sells some anti-tilt buffers. I have purchased various buffers from him, and they are well made and beefy </div></div>

Big +1 for Clint Butler/Slash's buffer. Yes, they aren't cheap, but they will last a lifetime and the man behind them is first rate all the way!! I run Slash's buffers in nearly all of my ARs and couldn't be more pleased with the quality, reliability and service I have received!

I thought POF was designing their carriers to not tilt anymore? Thickening up the rear end of it and all...

I have a Slash buffer. I don't have the rifle because Rock River Arms is taking their sweet time in delivering it, but the buffer appears to be a quality product.

He actually designed me a short buffer that should allow me to run a std AR10 tube with the RRA rifle.

The anti-tilt units look like a good idea for the people that have piston guns.

i have had 4 pof rifles and had ZERO carrier tilt issues with them. 3 in 308 and one in 223.
one of my POF 308's had over 7,000 rounds of mil surp and i never had an issue.

I wouldn't say that I have an "issue" per se with carrier tilt. I have a P-308 with about 100 rounds of Match ammo through it and I can see a little wear on the lower portion of the buffer tube. I would just like to be pro active to make sure that it does not become an issue. I am wanting to set this gun up for a good target shooting/hunting rig.

POF has made a buffer tube that eliminates this, it has extended ramps that the bolt carrier sits on.

But it also depends on when he bought the gun, the 2010 and newer models have these.

Thanks. Mine is a late 2009 gun and just has a standard tube. I saw that they sold a buffer tube on their website but didn't look at it closely. That looks to be a more economical option to cure the problem. Especially since I plan to order a few more parts from them. I really like the ejection port cover with the US flag on it. It won't make my gun function any better but it looks "cool" and adds a nice touch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vette447</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. Mine is a late 2009 gun and just has a standard tube. I saw that they sold a buffer tube on their website but didn't look at it closely. That looks to be a more economical option to cure the problem. Especially since I plan to order a few more parts from them. I really like the ejection port cover with the US flag on it. It won't make my gun function any better but it looks "cool" and adds a nice touch. </div></div>

Take a peek at the new buffer tube, it is what you need to alleviate your concern.

Thanks. I ordered a new buffer tube and a few otehr items this afternoon.

PWS makes an enhanced buffer tube (Brownell's and other vendors)
I have used it and Spike's T2 buffer and Wolf spring with good
results---with the Osprey piston system there is no perceptible carrier tilt at 7000 rds (Colt M4)

building second identical carbine now!

I'm here, better late than never.
cool.gif

Thanks to those of you that recommended my buffers. I don't get to spend much time here, so I'd like to offer a 10% discount on all Anti-Tilt buffers for SH members. Good through October 31 2011.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm here, better late than never.
cool.gif

Thanks to those of you that recommended my buffers. I don't get to spend much time here, so I'd like to offer a 10% discount on all Anti-Tilt buffers for SH members. Good through October 31 2011. </div></div>

No takers???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slash</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm here, better late than never.
cool.gif

Thanks to those of you that recommended my buffers. I don't get to spend much time here, so I'd like to offer a 10% discount on all Anti-Tilt buffers for SH members. Good through October 31 2011. </div></div>

No takers???

</div></div>

Wish I needed one right now, Clint because it is a great deal. Unfortunately, I'm all set at this point. Thanks again for the excellent offer.

GUYS...GET IN ON THIS DEAL IF YOU NEED OR ARE WANTING TO TRY THE BEST-MADE BUFFERS AROUND!

Pardon the late reply but was wondering if there was a rifle version of the enhanced buffer tube for the piston guns? I switched to a Magpur PRS stock and required me to put a rifle length tube and it doesn't have that extended buffer ramp to keep the carrier from tilting. I did contact Seth just waiting for a reply. BTW it's going on a POF308

EDIT : ordered the buffer from Clint. it's on it's way. I hope it lives up to all the reviews.