• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Antler hunting: Any bone pickers out there?

Re: Antler hunting: Any bone pickers out there?

sheds2010001.jpg

Logan with a dandy 6 point...

I just cant make myself go anymore. A few years ago, someone broke into my taxidermy shop and stole ALL of my antlers. Some shot, some i bought and some found. Luckily only one set was a customers as i always made them keep antlers till i was ready for then. I was mounting his buck and they took the form and all. somewhat took the fun out of it. Had 3 Toyoda PU box fulls of good ones. If i ever catch the bastard.....

I might start again, but there are allot (and i mean allot) of guys picking up sheds here. Some places its worse than hunting season. If you aren't watching big bulls when they drop your chances are very low. Friends pay attention to the elk in some parts of WA. There is usually a couple 400 class bulls over there.

Sheds.jpg

Nothing big but found a few..

My neighbor's training his black lab to find them. A lot of people are using labs for shed hunting. Getting real big here in Iowa.

I guess I'm lucky my Lab brings a few up to the house every year on his own. Along with a lot of other rotting bones

Damn!! Any luck finding the other? Thats a hogger!

I looked for several hr but never fount the other side. I will get some of my white tails up soon.