• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any 10/22threaded barrel suggestions? (affordable)

blacktaco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
PacifcNW
My form 4 will hopefully be approved by May (warlock) - and I'm on the search for a decent threaded 10/22 barrel. I'm leaning towards the Tactical Innovations 1:9...in order to run the SSS heavier grain bullet.
I'm not sure if I should stick to 1:16 though - I haven't had the opportunity to shoot both and decide (I'm interested in which ever would be the quietest)

The TacInc's are currently out of stock
frown.gif

http://www.tacticalinc.com/blue-twist-threaded-10220174-replacement-heavy-barrel-p-1127.html

Any suggestions? (in the $150 range)

Re: Any 10/22threaded barrel suggestions? (affordable)

Well - I guess I didn't mention my other option. I already have a decent 1:16 heavy barrel sitting in the 10/22 now. I can easily yank it and send it out - but for what it costs to send out for threading ($125 or so). I figured it would be cheaper to just pay the $150 on a new one that is already threaded - and sell my current one for $100 ish setting me back only $50 or so. I really don't want to put $300 into my current barrel - or any more money in the 10/22 than I have to - it will just be a camping toy for the friends to get a kick out of.
I really don't like the idea of baffle strikes though! That's nuts. I've heard the TacSol's are hit/miss.
I've heard good things about Green Mountain - but I can't find where they sell threaded.
Thanks for the input -
Trevor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blacktaco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard the TacSol's are hit/miss.
I've heard good things about Green Mountain - but I can't find where they sell threaded.
Thanks for the input -
Trevor </div></div>

Gunkings.com

Hi-desertdog.com

Shootersdiscount.com

Even McGowen barrels can make one any length you want and can add flutes and thread it for a reasonable cost.

Hope this helps

Gene

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My TacSol was decently accurate...but it was no go on the suppressor. And I have no use for a average loud .22 auto.</div></div>

And I've had the opposite experience. My TacSol barrel loves my SWR Spectre. So much so that in my first range trip this past weekend I dumped 3 shots through the same hole. Wouldn't trade it for anything at this point.

Also, my can shoulders snugly against the barrel and the threading is nice and tight. No issues at all.

We have been using the M.O.A. Stainless Receiver. They list for $179.95 dealer $144.95 then you have a SS action which is stiffer than aluminum. Also used Shilen and most will shoot under 1" Make a great setup!

Jim C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gszeto99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blacktaco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard the TacSol's are hit/miss.
Thanks for the input -
Trevor </div></div>

Gunkings.com

Hi-desertdog.com

Shootersdiscount.com

Even McGowen barrels can make one any length you want and can add flutes and thread it for a reasonable cost.

Hope this helps

Gene
</div></div>

Thank you!!!
I just did the Highdesertdog Spiral Match Fluted Threaded 1:16 16" for $180 to my door. In stock - sweet!

I have the E.R. Shaw 16.5 inch threaded bull barrel on my 10 22 and have had no issue with it. I use the gun primarily for slaying prairie dogs and quietly eliminating armadillos in my neighborhood.

I agree with DFOOSKING on sticking with the 1:16 twist.

dude I had my lilja 920 and my 77/22 stock barrel done for 125 I used jim pixley he was super fast and did better work then Tornado Tech
Jp Grips & Machine
23 7th Ave NE
Pelican Rapids, MN 56572
United States
218-329-2187
[email protected]

Dang - 2 for the price of 1? lol....I would have done that!
Too late now....
grin.gif
Barrel just came in....mounted her up. Have lots more work to do.

DSC_1281.jpg