• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any 16-19" shorty 6.5 Creedmoor or 260rems out there?

I have had hardy and proof the proof carbon is a much better finish, I have a 16'' hardy in 7 mm here waiting to go in my next rifle when I fianlly commit to it !

Shipped Into the uk there is very little in it cost wise once landed having bought both in I would go with proof , only advantage of Hardy they will or did make barrel lenghts to order were proof did not want to know. Also Hardy make a smaller shank for tikka and sako rifles.

Congratulations on your tremendous rifle set up ! What is your overall seating length on the 123s ?
I'm not sure what it is without the comparator.

3.128" is base to Ogive, 10 thou off the lands.

Attachments

• IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    377.6 KB · Views: 58
My DMR shorty 6.5 CM V4.0

Bartlein 5R med Palma at 18” with KG Made Rogue 30 suppressor

Just brake/mount

With suppressor attached

18” is longer than I typically go. I usually run them at 16.5” but this time I had a long hand guard to contend with. I very happy how it came out and will be putting some factory ammo from Prime, Winchester, Speciality and Gorilla ammo through it.

Weight with the suppressor is 9.6 lbs. I’ll be mounting a Leupold Mark 5 HD to it soon!

My DMR shorty 6.5 CM V4.0

Bartlein 5R med Palma at 18” with KG Made Rogue 30 suppressor

Just brake/mount

With suppressor attached

18” is longer than I typically go. I usually run them at 16.5” but this time I had a long hand guard to contend with. I very happy how it came out and will be putting some factory ammo from Prime, Winchester, Speciality and Gorilla ammo through it.

Weight with the suppressor is 9.6 lbs. I’ll be mounting a Leupold Mark 5 HD to it soon!

Looking good Joe! Impressive weight with the can honestly. Which MK5 did you go with 18x or 25x? Still 123gr Scenars with the 6.5CM?

Looking good Joe! Impressive weight with the can honestly. Which MK5 did you go with 18x or 25x? Still 123gr Scenars with the 6.5CM?

I haven’t been reloading nearly as much as in the past. I’ve actually just stuck to H4350 and 140 Bergers. That way it’s also the same projectile for my 6.5 SAUM.

My last 16.5” was moving them at 2,660 FPS with a Delta P suppressor attached. I’m expecting to gain some speed with the new set up. I also have my fingers crossed Prime does well so I have a good factory option for the days I can’t put in time behind the reloading bench. I have the 5-25x enroute. I gotta order some 35mm rings, lol.

My Kahles will be a good scope to use for comparisons and I can always bust out the Hensoldt too. I’m excited about the Mark 5 HD and hope this is the start of a new direction for Leupold.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5RWill
Anyone using something like a 6.5 saum or 6.5 prc out of a short barrel? Just curious what velocity you can get with a 140 gr in a 18-20" barrel with one of the short action magnums. Probably make quite the fireball without a can too...

I’m running a 21” 6.5 SAUM suppressed and pushing 140’s at 3,052 fps.

how do you like the mark 5? can you compare it at all to the mark 6 M5C2 h59?

I’ve never owned a Mark 6 but I think some have made those comparisons in the “So what about Leupold Mark 5?” thread.