• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any 22LR that compare with Vudoo?

There’s a guy in rimfire central that makes mags for my 541x that actually work.

Billjac - I'm guessing those are the same stainless steel mags I bought for my 541T. They're practically a work of art, even when compared to the old metal magazines Remington used to equip their 22RF repeaters with, and there's no comparison between these & the POS plastic mags that they sold with the 541s. His name is John Reed.

Last edited:
@flatland1- I use the poly cz mags in my son's norinco brno clone without issue and a shooting buddy or 3 use them in cz's without drama.

skinnj1 - Thanks for the info, when I get my hands on a CZ 457MTR, I'll be ordering a few of the 10rd mags from CZ or Hinterland. If the MTRs are so scarce that I can't find one soon, I may go ahead & buy a 457 American - it doesn't have the match chamber, but it's one very classy 22RF sporter. Would probably stick with the OEM 5rd mags in an American, as they don't protrude far enough below the stock line to spoil the looks of a slick-looking sporter.

Well I ended up going with the ruger precision rimfire. Have only had it out once for 150 rounds and it shot great. Shot Federal champion and cci sv both with good accuracy. Overall gun feels a little loose so will start with the tin foil method and most likely bed it with some devcon. Was getting one ragged hole with 10-15 shot groups @ 50y. Not liking the little vortex I got for it though. will need to get some better glass soon.

Maxim0 - Have you looked at Athlon's Midas TAC scopes yet? I put a 6-24x50 TAC on a V-22 w/18"Ranch light contour bbl, and have been very pleased with it. Good glass, very distinct clicks on the turrets, and a real zero stop, at a reasonable price. MAP for these is $630.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
In the foreground is my 455 that shoots lights out. I have a few 455s and this one did not require a Lilja. I love the Manners stock as it mimics my match rifle and that played into my decision to buy it.

But there is a Vudoo in my future. The 700 footprint is part of it, full size mags, ability to set up exactly like my hunting or match rifles... the price tag is steep but I can't think of anything they don't deliver on with quality of the highest order.

I would love to have a Vudoo. I am like you I can't cut the price. I have a Kidd Supergrade, that ran $1100.00 whiteout the scope, it will run 0.5 moa out to 150yds. I have a CZ 455 Varmint that ran around $450.00. It will very close to the Kidd, around 0.6 Moa out to 150yds. I just got a Tikka T1X, hope to get it to the range this weekend.

Mark
Hello,
I am looking to purchase a 22LR trainer and am having a hard time finding anything close to the vudoo. Trying to stay under the 1k mark for complete setup and want a chassis style rifle that is capable of 100y moa accuracy. I have been hearing hit or miss with the ruger and crickett. Any other recommendations? Would love a vudoo but never see them for sale used and new is out of the budget.
Thanks for the help

Update on my Tikka T1X see: http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/range-report-for-t1x.3968853/ with the handfull of rounds that I have fired, my T1X is a keeper.
Mark

Reactions: Seymour Fish
I bought the RPR for the same reasons your researching. So far no ammo has gotten better than 1” at 50 yards. Still waiting on a barrel. Once the barrel is here, I’ll still be under $1,000. With easy to find mags and proper short action bolt throw length. Sounds to good to be true I know. So will see if the barrel ever gets here. I hope I don’t find out that my poormans work around to avoid a Voodoo is a failure.
I had installed a ER Shaw 20” barrel and when I used sk Long Range I shot dims at 50 yards, how did you make out?

MY CZ 455 and 457 were (sold, now) nowhere near as good as my Vudoo.

When I switched from the 455 to the 457, my groups opened up, and I went from placing next to last (out of 4 shooters) to last, when competing angainst Anschutz,Rem 40 x, Win 52s, Coopers Brnis etc.

With my Vudoo V-22 , I'm almost always top 3, with frequent match wins, and 1 perfect 250 IR 50/50 card, with x count usually in the 13 - 19 range (out of 25) Competing against 8-10 shooters.

My improvement? Its not the shooter. Its the gun :)

If its just for fun, lotta good guns out there. If ya want to compete and win, or get serious accuracy consistently, get the Vudoo. You will eventually anyway, and you'll never regret it.

That's my experience, anyway.

I had installed a ER Shaw 20” barrel and when I used sk Long Range I shot dims at 50 yards, how did you make out?

Funny story, they lost my order for the barrel. So I continued to shot my Clarks Custom without reordering a barrel for the RPR. Then I fell for the Vudoo, and bought one. Now I'm over that craze (for now) and both are for sale in the Rimfire section. Keeping the RPR, cheap and does the job of plinking.

The answer you are looking for is the RimX builds. See the threads and what they are capable of. Every bit as good as Vudoo.

Reactions: BuckeyeSniper
The Bergara B-14 R rifles are now on the market, several on gunbroker, and a good alternative if looking for a full size Remy 700 clone like the Vudoo.

Lol!
gif%2Bslapfight3.gif

You can all take your Vudoos and RimXs and I’ll beat you with my Savage in an LSS. You get Remington Golden Bullet LR, and I get Eley TenX!

Well my Tikka T1X is still waiting on it’s Boyd stock so it’s not fitting good but with SK match ammo at 100 yards I have yet to shoot larger than MOA groups
very happy with the product but lots of plastic to replace
16CB02C8-E908-4A2B-8762-5ED5B0B2F5EA.png

Ok i shoot F/Class. our 100 yard target has a 1 inch x ring. We shoot 20 shoot strings. My worst score looking at my records for 18 months . My worst score is 200 with 16 x. I usally shoot 200 with 20 x. If you are in the area of N Texas or So. Oklahoma. I will let you shoot one of my rifles with lot tested ammo. I will bring several guns you pick one and i will supply the ammo and pay the match fee.

I know people will call BS. PM me i will show up at a matck and bring several Vudoos with lot tested ammo for you to shoot for free

if you can shoot you can shoot with anything i will not knock that voodoo's are really nice and if you have the money to buy one you can't go wrong , but to me I shoot as bad as i can with my 700 dollar 22 as I would spending more than 3x's more on a voodoo for 3k ish and still not get any better groups . Maybe with enough practice that will change just for now I am happier saving that extra money for more ammo to practice with .

Last edited:
Reactions: Appalachian
I know people will call BS. PM me i will show up at a matck and bring several Vudoos with lot tested ammo for you to shoot for free
Oh I believe you, my Tikka is basically just out of the box I have work on it yet. I anticipate.2- .3 MOA once completed but I could be wrong

I love Vudoo rifles i have made that clear if you have research my post. But lets be real all you need is a 22 to fit your needs. If a 1022 or a B14 fits your needs get it and dont look back. Find the ammo it likes. More shooters chase a top end 22 rather than LOT TESTING AMMO. The purpose of getting a 22 is git one that meets your needs. Will a Vudoo or Stiller 2500 be more accurte than a 1022 yes. But a 1022 or TIKKA has its place.

Reactions: Gjmen22
if you can shoot you can shoot with anything i will not knock that voodoo's are really nice and if you have the money to buy one you can't go wrong , but to me I shoot as bad as i can with my 700 dollar 22 as I would spending more than double on a voodoo for 3k ish and still not get any better groups . Maybe with enough practice that will change just for now I am happier saving that extra money for more ammo to practice with .

Honestly, I used to believe that too.

But Vudoo made me suck less. I went from next to and dead last with my CZ 455 and 457 to consistent top 3 in one year. I did extensive ammo and lot testing with all 3 guns.

Its simply NOT the case that you can get Vudoo accuracy and quality for half the price. Vudoo isn't price gouging. Accuracy costs.

As said....maybe not everyne really needs a Vudoo. In that case, it makes no sense to spend for what you don't need.

Last edited:
My Vudoo wasn't more accurate than my DJ Dillon CZ455. Not arguing quality, but you can get accuracy for less. Let's get real.

Mine was. Better than both my CZs.

Thats a "real" fact. And I am far from alone on that fact.

Im happy you found a unicorn.

if you can shoot you can shoot with anything i will not knock that voodoo's are really nice and if you have the money to buy one you can't go wrong , but to me I shoot as bad as i can with my 700 dollar 22 as I would spending more than double on a voodoo for 3k ish and still not get any better groups . Maybe with enough practice that will change just for now I am happier saving that extra money for more ammo to practice with .

This is not correct......at all.

If you are good enough, then you can exploit the benefits of good equipment. Don’t lump everyone in with your inability.

But if we're comparing custom CZs with a custom barreled action like a Vudoo then I disagree.

Yes if you take a CZ and put tons of money into it, you can get it to shoot.

No different than buying a vudoo.

Seriously. Not quite like polishing a turd, but pretty much any gun can be made to shoot with sufficient applicaiton of cash.

Hey, I get it.... I love building guns prolly as much as shooting them, but accurate guns cost. Whether you start with a $600 CZ and then dump $2 large into it, or just buy a Vudoo from the git, you end up about same out of pocket.

POINT BEING...... Vudoo ain't price gouging, charging $2,500 for same quality / accuracy that can be had elsewhere for $1,200.

But I reapeat myself from my earlier post.

Ha ha, wow. You do realize you can respond to multiple points in the same post, right? LOL. Think, Push Talk

Inevitably you have to put an aftermarket trigger in a Vudoo, BECAUSE they don't come with a shitty production trigger like the CZ455's. So, invariably, you'll be putting a nicer trigger in your Vudoo, by default, than you would in a stock CZ.

No, I'm not surprised a poorer lot of SK shot poor in the Vudoo. You have to include my statement in the context it was included in. It goes against the idea that many people have that a Vudoo will shoot a wider array of ammo more accurately than other guns.

Correct. Vudoo isn't like CZ, selling you a garbage trigger u gotta throw away and replace . You START with a good trigger. You don't waste money on garbage.

Bottom line - an acurate CZ ****will not**** cost you much less than a Vudoo.

Hello,
I am looking to purchase a 22LR trainer and am having a hard time finding anything close to the vudoo. Trying to stay under the 1k mark for complete setup and want a chassis style rifle that is capable of 100y moa accuracy. I have been hearing hit or miss with the ruger and crickett. Any other recommendations? Would love a vudoo but never see them for sale used and new is out of the budget.
Thanks for the help
I have a Ruger RPR, and I don't really like it that much. It shoots well, but its rough in general. CZ has a number of options you could purchase and drop in a KRG Bravo within your budget. The CZ actions and barrels arn't bad for what you pay. Bergara also makes one in an HMR-style stock. I don't think very highly of Bergara centerfire barrels, but I have heard that their rimfires are actually ok.

Factory triggers on Bergara B14R's are proving to be quite good. In all my years of buying 22lr's... I've never taken a rifle out of the box at under $1000, and been as happy as I am with the Bergara. It's a hell of a lot of rifle for the money, and other than a set of Hawkins hybrid rings and an optic, I haven't touched it. I didn't have to go track down a bunch of aftermarket parts, like a guy would be forced to with almost every other option below $1000.

Vudoo & CZ, CZ has a Bartlein barrel, 419 ARCA rail & picatiny rail, new bolt knob, trigger . . . It’s nice, but it’s not the Vudoo.

jeff

Attachments

• 15D22D0C-4471-432C-8F53-BCBA32338FB9.jpeg
    15D22D0C-4471-432C-8F53-BCBA32338FB9.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 93
  • EE2C61CA-2D1D-4CB3-B57B-40A6395DBC53.jpeg
    EE2C61CA-2D1D-4CB3-B57B-40A6395DBC53.jpeg
    610.2 KB · Views: 91
  • C138FBE3-5FD6-4DF2-8BED-95BDD3D9BF01.jpeg
    C138FBE3-5FD6-4DF2-8BED-95BDD3D9BF01.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 88
Seems like a rimx is the only other really comparable 22, everything else is either super specialized to Olympic shooting or some other discipline and can cost 20k or you get stuff like the T1X, CZ, and Bergara which all make compromises to save budget.

I chose a T1X because it was under $500 with a lighter trigger spring and then I'm going to toss a used Cronus on it and put it in a WOOX chassis. Sure I could've spent another $1200 for the Vudoo action and had everything else the same (plus $200 for a trigger instead of $10 for the spring) but I've got consistent 10 shot groups right at 1 moa while it's still in the factory stock and using a cheap Nikon while I wait for the Cronus, I'm sure it will get better and as is I still need more work than it does. I'm sure I could put a custom barrel on the tikka, polish, everything up to make it smoother, and get closer to the Vudoo sized groups but that's still going to be cheaper than the Vudoo and it gives me some more time to spread the investment rather than one and done.

Didn't the OP ask for 22 trainer comparable 22lr rifles to vudoo?

There are only 3 comon 22 trainers (r700 format) availible, Vudoo, RimX and Bergara, all others mentioned are toys... ;) :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: Merlin O
Seems like a rimx is the only other really comparable 22, everything else is either super specialized to Olympic shooting or some other discipline and can cost 20k or you get stuff like the T1X, CZ, and Bergara which all make compromises to save budget.

I chose a T1X because it was under $500 with a lighter trigger spring and then I'm going to toss a used Cronus on it and put it in a WOOX chassis. Sure I could've spent another $1200 for the Vudoo action and had everything else the same (plus $200 for a trigger instead of $10 for the spring) but I've got consistent 10 shot groups right at 1 moa while it's still in the factory stock and using a cheap Nikon while I wait for the Cronus, I'm sure it will get better and as is I still need more work than it does. I'm sure I could put a custom barrel on the tikka, polish, everything up to make it smoother, and get closer to the Vudoo sized groups but that's still going to be cheaper than the Vudoo and it gives me some more time to spread the investment rather than one and done.
I have a Tikka with aBoyd stock and will be pillar and glass bedding it yet, but I have never shot over MOA at 100 yards with Lapua ammo here are a few from Sunday

Attachments

• B769CFD4-6C19-424A-99C0-7B113756AFEB.jpeg
    B769CFD4-6C19-424A-99C0-7B113756AFEB.jpeg
    545.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 9E422965-C0BB-4148-B207-9272C7C904FE.jpeg
    9E422965-C0BB-4148-B207-9272C7C904FE.jpeg
    551.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 530534FD-7306-491C-9CF2-775C7B75AD8B.jpeg
    530534FD-7306-491C-9CF2-775C7B75AD8B.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 132
The Bergara is probably the best budget 22lr available right now. Excellent features and operation.

RimX builds are the apex of repeating 22lr's. Nothing better presently.
Would you recommend the Carbon or steel barrel on the B?