• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any 50cal ranges in Arizona?

skeeterIII

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2014
Arizona
Have been looking for a 50 cal range in Arizona. Does anyone know of one?
Seems like with the stage two fire restrictions I need a range.

Rio Salado shooting range in East Mesa. They have a bench reserved for .50 cal only on the right side of the shooting line. Can only shoot paper out to 200 yards. They will not allow you to shoot their steel plates set up at 300 yards.

I thought that Ben Avery now did not allow 50's?
When we shot at the 1000 yard range at Ben Avery we had to have a 1M insurance policy before they would consider letting us use it. We were not shooting anything over a 338 so I'm not sure on the restrictions of the 50 cal.

Casa grande shooting range. It goes to 300 yards, but there are targets set up further out if you know where to look. There's a big steel disk at 740. No range officers there so everyone is on their honor and take a break about every 20 min. It has shaded benches, but you must bring your own targets and chairs, target stands. No caliber restrictions.

What kind of .50 ya got?

Shoottothrill I just sold my Barrett 99 and still have the Barrett 82A1 with 5.5-22X56 Nightforce. While not as accurate as the amazing 99 it still is almost as accurate but I have not fine tuned it yet. I would like to try out my Steyr SSG 04 in 300 WM which Steve said was good to 2000 yards.

I did call Cowtown and spoke to Steve and he said they may have a Long Range Shooter's Club interested and it would cost me $50 to shoot a day which I would pay. With the current fire restrictions I do not have a choice. He did say Ben Avery no longer allows 50's.

Tucson is a long drive from Prescott but I do thank all you suggested other ranges. I will also try the Rio Salado Range when the temperature cools off a bit.

Still hoping to find a Sako TRG 42 in 300 WM and sell the Steyr, not because it is not accurate but i like the looks of the Sako. Design means a lot to me while some could care less.

It's my understanding from a friend in Kingman, AZ that they have a 1000 yard 50 cal range that also allow class III weapons.