• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any AN/PVS 4 Gurus out there?

ROLEXrifleman

Snipers Hide Original
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2004
    INDIANA
    Is the reticle field changable or would I have to send it in to be swapped out. Looking for a cross hair as I have the m16 reticle in it at this time.

TIA

Re: Any AN/PVS 4 Gurus out there?

I used one on active duty many years ago. From what I understand it is changeable. I would have to say if they let Joe's do it, you should be able to. I'm overseas right now so I dont have access to my old TM's. But you should be able to find info online. Good luck.

Thanks Boris. I've Yahoo'ed it as much as possible and have found no tutorials on how it is done. I iwill try google as well.

I actualy have TM 11-5855-213-10, and no onfo on the reticle swap.

I want to say it is under the cap in the center of teh front objective.

You unscrew the screw cover with your fingers 1st to expose an actual standard screw that must then be removed as it house the reticle unit.

I don't recall the procedure and do not want to ruin this unit.

Again, thanks for your help.

OK, that's it. It is under the cap and screw. Now I just got to remeber if the module falls out under it's own weight or if it has to be extracted.