• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any Athlon Ares BTR owners out there?

I have weaver 40/44's
6x20x40 ($200 scopes) with better IQ. Sending my ares back.

Last edited:
Hey I bought a Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 and I wished I had bought the Nikon FX-1000 instead.
The scope is nice but has a very sensitive viewing, its really hard at times to get a clean view of target or animal in a hurry(MHO).
The son has a Nikon and you can put the rifle up and had a clear view where as the Athlon is harder to get on target, then again it might just be me but I'm really wishing I had bought something else and this scope is headed for the garbage or some other resting place like a pile of papers.

Hey I bought a Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 and I wished I had bought the Nikon FX-1000 instead.
The scope is nice but has a very sensitive viewing, its really hard at times to get a clean view of target or animal in a hurry(MHO).
The son has a Nikon and you can put the rifle up and had a clear view where as the Athlon is harder to get on target, then again it might just be me but I'm really wishing I had bought something else and this scope is headed for the garbage or some other resting place like a pile of papers.
The Ares is intended as a lr bench rifle, I don’t think it was intended as a hunting scope. That’s probably why it’s not listed under the hunting scope section on Athlons site.

Thanks Shooter,
I guess I was thinking it could be used both ways and may be able to do so but not in the hunting areas I would normally be hunting.

The Ares is intended as a lr bench rifle, I don’t think it was intended as a hunting scope. That’s probably why it’s not listed under the hunting scope section on Athlons site.
Aaauh.....no
I shoot benchrest and this is not the case.
It is crap glass.

Try setting the rifle up with the magnification on max.

W
Aaauh.....no
I shoot benchrest and this is not the case.
It is crap glass.
hile that is your opinion, I was simply stating the scope is not listed under hunting scopes on their website for a reason.

As others have said try making sure it's set up on highest magnification settings.
Otherwise try returning it and try a PST Gen II, they eyebox gets a little tight on 25x but still fine and under 20x it's very forgiving.