• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Any Colt 1911 fans?

mi650

Undergrad Rifle Shooter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 30, 2010
    Michigan
    I have a NMGC Talo that I'm trying to find a current value for.

There's a couple that sold on GB recently, but they're different series. Mine is an O5870NMD. It's unfired, and GORGEOUS!!

Any info, or if you can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. TIA!

Teaser pic, doesn't do it justice:

lNsuZZP.jpg

Is this for selling purposes or just general curiosity?

Series 80 firing mechanism may reduce value and the handgun market isn't that hot right now. $800 for a quick sale, $1K if you have a little patience.

Reactions: 1911hombre
    Probably going to sell it. I had it listed, but put it on hold while I try to get more info.

Yes it's a series 80, but so are all the Talos I've been able to find. Just knowing the little I've found out so far, I'd think it's worth over $2k, and $3k wouldn't surprise me. It's #211 of 250, and was about $1800 new.

A similar pistol, different series, sold for $4075 a week ago.

For $2K there are better options but maybe you can find some collector with more money than sense.

It was an impulse buy for me. The blueing is the nicest I've seen, including my python.

If GB is any indication, collectors think very highly of Talos. Being limited to 250 doesn't hurt.

2014 production date. I’d venture to say 11-1300 bucks if you have the original hard case and everything that came with it

Reactions: 1911hombre