• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Any Ed Brown owners out there?

danska

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
With all the high dollar bolt guns I drool over on here, I would expect some of you guys to have really high end 1911s.

Being that the 1911 is my sidearm of choice, I've been through a number of them. My go-to is a Ed Brown Kobra Carry, which is the finest pistol I've owned (even compared to the two Wilson 1911s I've had). I was going to take some new pics, but have one I took shortly after getting it.

I'd like to see other members Ed Browns if they got em!

003.jpg

Re: Any Ed Brown owners out there?

hmmmm... naked slide...well tasty !
I do not have a Brown, but hope to add one to the collection one day.

Maybe you could open this up to high end 1911's of all persuasions...

Yeah I might open it up to other semi-custom 1911 types too. Here is a couple from today. I can't take great pics but the bluing is starting to wear nicely. This is an 08 production with about 3,500 rounds through it now.

CIMG0315.jpg

CIMG0312.jpg

I have an Executive Carry. I sent it off and had the entire gun, internals and exterior coated in Ion Bond. The finish is bulletproof. It's about 3 years old and shows no signs of wear. I'm pretty pleased. And yeah, ivory grips.
DSC_0747.jpg

Nice grips Dennis! What kind are they? Very classy rig. I'm liking my blued kc but it shows a decent amount of wear compared to the Gen III finish EB offers.

I'm a sucker for the blued 1911 though!

They are ivory, got em from Nutmeg Sports IIRC. I like blued too, it's just that it wears in a holster pretty badly. I suspect that this Ion Bond finish will out last me.

Dennis - who did your Ion Bond work?

NoDak? That's crazy talk for 2 months till winter

Mine was done by a gunsmith at Ionbond. His name was Ryan Flynn. I believe the place I sent it to was in South Carolina. Maybe North Carolina tho. I heard not long ago in a conversation about this stuff that he was no longer there. He did a great job, super prep work and the finished product is excellent.

I'm 10 miles from the Canadian boarder. Winter comes early and stays late. People in ND are tough tho, after all GOD is trying to kill em 6 months out of the year.

I was wondering if Ryan was still there. Hadn't heard from him in a good while.

Thanks.

And yes, I've seen ND at its best and worst. watch out for Emerson, pick up more than a few 'bugs'. ( i think it was Emerson, just across the border......).

Heres mine. Had it a couple of months now, and haven't been able to shoot it as much as i'd like.
IMAG00211.jpg

By the looks of the muzzle, someone did!

Guessin' he's loading with 700X by the looks of the muzzle!

Here's my Kobra Carry:

dc50cy.jpg

I was gonna say the same thing about 700X! Unique makes much prettier rainbows on my muzzle than 700X.

Wow, beautiful 1911's. I had a stainless Kobra and loved it, I should not have sold it. It won't be my last mistake though. I have a couple of stainless series one Kimbers to pretend with.

My government is an EB, great shooting 1911, no complaints. Has been through a few pistol courses without a hiccup.

The_girls.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if Ryan was still there. Hadn't heard from him in a good while.

Thanks.</div></div>

Ryan left to start his own gunsmith shop independently. He owns Aquilla Custom Gunworks and will still send pistols to Ionbond for coating for $300.

Link

Josh

Excellent info. He does great work and it's great to be able to send him more business.

Ryan, good to hear you are still around. Still loving the work you did on my EB. Ion Bond seems pretty indestructible. I bookmarked your site for future reference. Hang around here. Lots of good people and info about shooting. I'm sure your expertise could come in handy quite often.

dang...have hunted in Flynns backyard for 2 years now and did not know he existed...will try to look him up in a few weeks...have a Brown i want him to look at

When using Ed Brown's products, I don't think you will go wrong!

i have a couple of ED Browns. I just recentrly sold my Kobra Karry to another hide member since it didn't get much use.

I have a bob tail Kobra, SF and a 702 300 WM rifle. Ed's stuff isas well built as anything I have seen.